• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Crash

Well since speed is equalized, that means at least Crash can do something. Sans has the more useful hax on his side out of the 2. As much as that might help, Sans Karmic Retribution won't really helping him out that much. Sans can try to use his hax to overwhelm Crash, but I think Crash would eventually hit Sans though and that alone would most likely get Sans down for the count. Crash also could get some range with Wumpa Bazooka btw.

I give my vote to Crash. Sans will try to hack him out, Crash has taken way too much crap to die ( or so I believe ). Once Crash touches Sans, he's down.

@Anonimoe

Hacks dude. Soul Manipulation, Reality Warping, etc. Sans has them, what I mean is he will use them for his advantage but that it won't be enough.

Also, Karma won't help Sans because Crash isn't an evildoer. He never did anything bad as far as I recall. The most evil thing I remember him doing is jumping on Polar's head. Other than that, he never beats/kills anything that doesnt kill back or plans to take over the world.

And why it wouldn't be enough?

Also KARMA don't need his enemy to be bad that is FANON. Uh... only killing bad people don't make his powers limited to it or something like that

@Paulo

Even the kill count thing is fanon

Really nothing in the game hint at his powers working like that and i don't get why people use that to downplay/wank Sans

Good point by Anonimoe.

Paulo junior, think of what Karma means. Bad things get Bad results. Chara literally killed all monsters ( except for Asgore, Flowey and Sans ) at the point of battle. Mass genocide. And planned to go even further. I'd say it works like JUSTICE. Intention, method, reason, action. Everything matters to judge something.

It goes back to Chara turning into a "god". It is never shown, all "she" does is crash the game. Could be compared to tons of things, but nah, he/she became a CONCEPT.

Undertale is full of assumptions and other verses too. Stop assuming, stick to facts.

So, basically soul attacks, but it says "Fak U" to soul resistance? That's a pretty good hax. Anyway, looking at his profile, Crash doesn't seem to have any soul defence, so, Sans danmakus his souls.

@Anderson

Yes, full of assumptions

also the game never said Chara was gonna turn into a "god", who was gonna turn into a deity was Flowey

Anonimoe7875 said:
@Paulo
Even the kill count thing is fanon

Really nothing in the game hint at his powers working like that and i don't get why people use that to downplay/wank Sans
How so? Sans literally emphasizes on your LOVE and EXP (Level of Violence and Execution Points). If anything, it is one of those 2 because of how he emphasizes it. If you can acknowledge that KARMA/Karmic Retribution stands for KR, then you are acknowledging it has to do with one of those 2.

Karma is defined as "the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences". If you want the retribution add on, it's "punishment inflicted on someone as vengeance for a wrong or criminal act".

Now if you overview it all, your actions of killing people or being violent to the monsters are karma when Sans hits you because of your bad actions. In return, you get the same treatment and violence you inflicted on the monsters. Hence the saying "that's karma".

1. That means he know about these 2 stats... got something else? he only use it to see how many people you have killed and if he will broke the promise he made to Toriel

2. That is a name so... are we gonna say Cell saga Vegeta is universal because his attack is called "Big Bang attack"? or Boros is star level because his attack is called "Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon"? all you said are assumptions basing on a single name

ok very bad exemples "<

Also even the name "Karmic Retribution" is fanon

even things like "KARMA coursing through your veins."

were removed during a update made by Toby

but i don't want to explain something which was already explained so at beats you can see this thread

Fair points, it does seem a bit of a sham. I assumed there was a statement, but hey, nothing once I googled. Let's do a thread together later to revise it.

The points stand. Also, I played Undertale and everything, but are we 100% sure that Soul Manipulation works like that? Remember that a simple child beat all the monsters we know. If they were so op to Danmaku a soul and get on with it, I'd say they'd have won against 21st century-esque humans, right?

Yeah and yet we get constant mention of how Determined and stronger humans are. So much that ALL MONSTER SOULS are equivalent to one soul of a child.

Anonimoe7875 said:
1. That means he know about these 2 stats... got something else? he only use it to see how many people you have killed and if he will broke the promise he made to Toriel
2. That is a name so... are we gonna say Cell saga Vegeta is universal because his attack is called "Big Bang attack"? or Boros is star level because his attack is called "Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon"? all you said are assumptions basing on a single name

ok very bad exemples "<

Also even the name "Karmic Retribution" is fanon

even things like "KARMA coursing through your veins."

were removed during a update made by Toby

but i don't want to explain something which was already explained so at beats you can see this thread
1. Those things stand for how violent you were in the game though. Sans literally acts as your judge which is why he "judges" you. He used to see what your tendencies were. The fact that he only fights you on the genocide route where you've killed pretty everyone in your path and emphasizes mostly there means it should practically be self-explanatory the point of Karma.

2. Those are very bad examples and actually have contradicting lore to those attacks. Star Level Boros is literally debunked by the fact it was said only to be planetary at best and there was never any indication of universal Dragon Ball characters until Super.

3. Why call something Karma and emphasize on your ACTIONS if it isn't karma for said actions? Through implication, that's where it all came from. Also, just because he didn't kill because of his promise to Toriel doesn't mean anything. Its effects on anything but the Genocide route in that thread is just speculation at best

That thread overall is just an opinion of one person as the canon of KARMA is loose meaning not what I've explained here can be easily argued.

Anderson2003 said:
Fair points, it does seem a bit of a sham. I assumed there was a statement, but hey, nothing once I googled. Let's do a thread together later to revise it.
The points stand. Also, I played Undertale and everything, but are we 100% sure that Soul Manipulation works like that? Remember that a simple child beat all the monsters we know. If they were so op to Danmaku a soul and get on with it, I'd say they'd have won against 21st century-esque humans, right?
Keep in mind that Undertale humans have resistance to Soul Manipulation, and there's also those things

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Keep in mind that Undertale humans have resistance to Soul Manipulation, and there's also those things
1. They resist Soul Manipulation yet you suffer from it every inch of the game. Explain further.

2. Thats what I said. Children souls are at Unknown tier alone, yet ONE is equivalent to ALL MONSTERS, including Sans.

Also, answering Alcachaz, implication is that he judges you and decides to act as means of Karma, yet fails. THERE IS NO INDICATION OF HIM GETTING STRONGER due to it. Unless you find it in the game. There are many instances of this. "You will pay for your crimes, you have caused too much pain" says the hero. Is he stronger because the Big Bad has done bad? Nah, he's just pissed.

About the soul resistance thing is because they would have ben dead at the first attack without it

that why i said "Basic soul resistance"

I still don't get what Human SOULs have to do with this, yeah, Human SOULs are overpowered, their page mentions that, but so what?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I still don't get what Human SOULs have to do with this, yeah, Human SOULs are overpowered, their page mentions that, but so what?
Questions Sans powers and abilities such as Soul Manipulation and Karmic Retribution has been this thread so far. I brought up Human Souls due to that.

Karmic Retribution has no mention, suggestion, anything. Sans judges you to see if you're worth stopping or not. He lets you kill his brother, his friends, everything. But killing EVERYONE is too far for him since he nas no option not to care anymore. There is no evidence otherwise.

Soul Manipulation should be questioned due to how it works, as even though our "soul is manipulated every inch of the game", "one single child beat every all the monsters we know" including the champions of the race.

We should question both before calling on anything now, due to logic.

Anderson2003 said:
Questions Sans powers and abilities such as Soul Manipulation and Karmic Retribution has been this thread so far. I brought up Human Souls due to that.

Karmic Retribution has no mention, suggestion, anything. Sans judges you to see if you're worth stopping or not. He lets you kill his brother, his friends, everything. But killing EVERYONE is too far for him since he nas no option not to care anymore. There is no evidence otherwise.

Soul Manipulation should be questioned due to how it works, as even though our "soul is manipulated every inch of the game", "one single child beat every all the monsters we know" including the champions of the race.

We should question both before calling on anything now, due to logic.
Well, if you want to remove Soul Manipulation and Karmic Retribution for Sans' page, good luck with the Content Revision Thread.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Well, if you want to remove Soul Manipulation and Karmic Retribution for Sans' page, good luck with the Content Revision Thread.
Considering one was never suggested and the other one we don't know exactly how works, I'd say I don't need luck, but thank you. If anything, there will be statements about the second one, since the first is purely

The soul manipulation come from every monster in the game attacking directly on you soul, which is considered Soul Manipulation

Corupt or Damage souls
~ Users from soul manipulation page​
Also can we go back to the thread main intention?

Yes, that I understand the definition of Soul Manipulation. Shang Tsung does it, he rips out your soul out of your body and absorbs it. Shao Kahn does it too. Undertale's left kinda weird. Could be debated.

Back