• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Krillin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that almost all players die to Sans' first attack at least one time for the exact reason that it's surprising, fast, and kills you quickly. The big difference is that Krillin lacks any and all of the advantages the player has in this scenario, namely the HP that gives you an extended period of survival time. (And obviously time reversal)
I honestly doubt even if Krillin managed to evade the first attack

He would certainly die by time trickery

I honestly doubt even if Krillin managed to evade the first attack

He would certainly die by time trickery
Well if we're going by in-character, Sans doesn't use that very much in combat, opting to pull it out after halfway through the battle to set-up attacks when he's getting more serious. I don't think the fight would last long enough for Sans to bring it out, tbh.

He doesn't know he is weaker and he is going for the kill. He is going to test the waters with a random ki blast. Fortunately that's all he needs
ki sensing, he will see that sans is but weaker than Hercule

He can't evade a multiversal attack or saw feats where he does that.
when has krilin started any battle by nuking the universe?

Krillin can literally ki blast and kill him.
faster reactions + time stop + teleport, sans can very easily evade the blast, specially since krilin in character is not going for the kill and will be able to sense that sans is extremely weak in comparison to himself

Can you please explain how his law manip works on VS threads? i never understood that (If it's not too much to ask)
you know how in game he always starts first and can attack you even when you are preparing an act to do an action? yeah, he can do that to an opponent

So yeah, scenario is like this:

-Sans uses his first attack (Most likely kills Krillin).

-Krillin survives it and Sans still wins because Krillin prefers small Ki blast's or melee, both of which Sans could dodge, and it would probably take too long for Krillin to realize that his best bet is some AoE Ki attack before Sans just offs him.

-Krillin survives it and uses a massive AoE attack immediately to one-shot Sans for some reason, which is extremely OOC.

I mean, Sans' very blatantly has more wincons in this situation. He just outhaxes Krillin and has a more viable method of fighting people. Dragon Ball always been a fodder verse in terms of hax so it's not really a surprise.

Ok but based on what? Krillin is called skilled and strategic but I don't think he has any real feats that pertain to something like this.

Krillin could blow the place up too, but in-character he probably wouldn't do anything like that and just actually dies.
Krillin In-Character uses solar flare, so he does that and dodge sans attacks.
Pretty sure Cell has the combined skill of (Almost) everyone Goku fought by that point, so lad is most likely above Goku Black
I mean, Goku in Super is more skilled than he is in Z, so i not sure if i can agree.
Cell has the DNA of all Z-Fighters and literally overwhelmed everyone he fought till Gohan SSJ2 showed up
No? He trows his child at to fights the adults, he din't overwhelm then.
And even then, i don't think that means skills.

I would beg to differ, His gaster blasters and bones can go on several directions
Agree, but not all directions.

Anyway, my opinion is that Sans trow Krillin on the ground, Krillin dodges, do a Solar flare, and trow severak ki Blast on Sans to defeat him. Since Ki Blast explode in contact, even if he dodges, the AoE gonna get Sans. I think.

ki sensing, he will see that sans is but weaker than Hercule

I mean he also knows about god ki and magic. No idea why he would be calm when he faces a skeletal dude so he knows it's not human and thus assumes the worst. Krillin isn't exactly cocky.

when has krilin started any battle by nuking the universe?

He just needs to nuke a small area though? Even just punching would produce enough aoe to outright kill the dude.

faster reactions + time stop + teleport, sans can very easily evade the blast, specially since krilin in character is not going for the kill and will be able to sense that sans is extremely weak in comparison to himself

Already said how Krillin is a scaredy cat.

you know how in game he always starts first and can attack you even when you are preparing an act to do an action? yeah, he can do that to an opponent

Sans can break the laws in his verse though. Applying first attack to him would be like applying to krillin a resistance to attacks with less ki than he has.

Also how do Sans attack work? Do they have to pierce the skin? Make just contact?

Just wait till I make a Riley Ross profile.

Anyway, my opinion is that Sans trow Krillin on the ground, Krillin dodges, do a Solar flare, and trow severak ki Blast on Sans to defeat him. Since Ki Blast explode in contact, even if he dodges, the AoE gonna get Sans. I think.
In-character, Krillin absolutely never uses Solar Flare quickly in a fight unless he knows outright that he will easily lose otherwise due to being far weaker than the opponent. Krillin has no reason to think Sans isn't fodder until his soul is already in the process of being destroyed. Solar Flare is a rarely used super-attack. That would be similar to if Goku brought out Kamehameha on-sight for no reason.

Krillin will be surprised by being thrown into the floor by a sudden force on his very soul, and will be even more surprised at seeing bones coming out of the ground, which he has no reason to think will be able to kill him in seconds. Krillin has never faced an opponent remotely similar to Sans at any point, and he isn't the type of fighter who would react quickly and analytically like a robot. Even if he dodged, he wouldn't follow up with an instant Solar Flare because Krillin doesn't do that, he would maybe follow up with a regular Ki blast which Sans would dodge, but he might also rush towards Sans for melee combat seeing as Sans is clearly a ranged opponent, which Krillin would interpret as meaning Sans is weak in close-range combat.

he doesn't start with that, also, would he really use something like that against someone he can feel is even weaker than hercule?

I mean, Goku in Super is more skilled than he is in Z, so i not sure if i can agree.
krillin is not as skilled as goku is

Agree, but not all directions.

krillin doesn't kill in character

he doesn't start with that, also, would he really use something like that against someone he can feel is even weaker than hercule?

Nowadays having no ki is much more dangerous than having it. Also why would Sans straight up go for the kill? When he doesn't know krillin?

Yeah to what???
Let me just explain this real quick;

In Undertale, magic bullet attacks used by Monster's damage both the body and the soul. Toriel's fire magic for example, can be used to harm and over time destroy the player's soul, however, her fire is also used for cooking, meaning it does have actual properties of heat. But most attacks in Undertale disappear if they connect with the player's soul, because the attack has landed and is now done. Sans' attacks are a bit different in that they are seemingly intangible and just keep going even if you touch them. If you touch his bones, or the lasers fired by his Gaster Blaster's, it will very rapidly damage your soul until it is destroyed (by literal gameplay terms, he does 1 damage, but removes invincibility frames, meaning he does 1 damage per frame, Undertale runs at 30 FPS, allowing him to do 30 damage per second). Even if a bone is stationary in the middle of a room, touching it will quickly kill you if exposure lasts even a few seconds.

Contact with the bones alone will kill Krillin. Not instantly, just very quickly. So quickly he may not have the time to react.

Nowadays having no ki is much more dangerous than having it. Also why would Sans straight up go for the kill? When he doesn't know krillin?
SBA my friend. Both characters have a compulsory desire to kill each other due to SBA, but otherwise they are the same as they normally are, personality wise. Sans will probably start by talking to Krillin, his usual "it's a beautiful day outside" spiel, and then he is going to initiate the fight the same way he always does. Krillin isn't the type to just go "xd murder murder die!!!!" while Sans is talking, but even if he was, Sans would pick up on that and just not speak.

I mean even 1 second to a hypersonic character is very fast. Krillin has a fight with Roshi early in a couple of seconds.

SBA my friend. Both characters have a compulsory desire to kill each other due to SBA, but otherwise they are the same as they normally are, personality wise.

They said SBA is characters wanting to incap not kill. If the goal is to incap Krillin just blasts the whole country and gets done with it.

I mean he also knows about god ki and magic. No idea why he would be calm when he faces a skeletal dude so he knows it's not human and thus assumes the worst. Krillin isn't exactly cocky.
this is too much headcanon for my liking, non humans in dragon ball are absolutely normal, dragons, animal people, etc, a skeleton wouldn't freak out krillin much if at all, also, what about magic and god ki? the former krillin has no reason to assume that sans have, and the latter is completely impossible for him to assume that since he could feel his energy in the first place

He just needs to nuke a small area though?
then why you kept talking as if he would nuke with low multiversal aoe?

Even just punching would produce enough aoe to outright kill the dude.
normal punches do not produce a massive, if any AOE at all unless the fighter wants it
Already said how Krillin is a scaredy cat.
this is a complete lie to every character development krillin ever had, even in the faces of freeza he didn't conward to desperated tactics, show any showing of nowadays krillin being a complete coward that in the face of something slightly scary will go humba dunba against the oponent even when he can feel that they are infinities weaker than him

Sans can break the laws in his verse though. Applying first attack to him would be like applying to krillin a resistance to attacks with less ki than he has.
no, he doesn't break the laws, he manipulates them to work on his favor, hence why he has law manip and not law manip resistance

Also how do Sans attack work? Do they have to pierce the skin? Make just contact?
ignore your body's durability completely, while also hitting your soul, ignoring the durability of it if it has any, status effecting it with KR on top of it

Just wait till I make a Riley Ross profile.
i don't who that is, joke failed, sorry 🤷‍♂️

then why you kept talking as if he would nuke with low multiversal aoe?

Does it even make any difference here?

If they want to kill then he would very much use aoe.

his is a complete lie to every character development krillin ever had, even in the faces of freeza he didn't conward to desperated tactics, show any showing of nowadays krillin being a complete coward that in the face of something slightly scary will go humba dunba against the oponent even when he can feel that they are infinities weaker than him

You posted my words being headcannon in regards to the fact that krillin isn't gonna just aoe blast the **** out of everything immediately when he feels himself being smacked against his will. Are you joking me?

ignore your body's durability completely, while also hitting your soul, ignoring the durability of it if it has any, status effecting it with KR on top of it

Do we assume it would get past Ki?

I mean even 1 second to a hypersonic character is very fast. Krillin has a fight with Roshi early in a couple of seconds.

They said SBA is characters wanting to incap not kill. If the goal is to incap Krillin just blasts the whole country and gets done with it.
"I mean even 1 second to a hypersonic character is very fast. Krillin has a fight with Roshi early in a couple of seconds."

Speed is not a factor.

"They said SBA is characters wanting to incap not kill."

"State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle. Characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.
Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law."

It seems like the state of mind category was changed, but it doesn't effect this match very much. Idk if you think Sans is some kind of superhero, but he will kill Krillin if he thinks Krillin is a threat to himself. SBA assumes the character is in whatever state of mind they would need to be to win the fight. Sans is not going to try to incapacitate Krillin, he will try to kill him.

Also. "If the goal is to incap Krillin just blasts the whole country and gets done with it."

I'm sorry what? So you want to apply Sans' character to himself and say he won't go for an insta win because of it, but then you go and say that Krillin just nukes everything? Lil' bro that's double standards in a nutshell.

If the plan is to kill then Krillin blasts the country and is done with it. If the plan isn't to kill then why does Sans go for killing him and Krillin doesn't?
Sans in character always ALWAYS starts agressive

He even says this "I always wondered why nobody uses their strongest attack first"

It's his first move EVERYTIME even when you die and respawn

Nowadays having no ki is much more dangerous than having it.
uhum, ok, sans would have "energy" to krillin to feel tho, also show when has krillin when feeling that someone has no ki start going handwire with numerous ki blasts and big AOE like you are claiming

Also why would Sans straight up go for the kill? When he doesn't know krillin?
the only situation we ever saw sans in a fighting mood is him going for the kill, otherwise he just BFRs himself out of the battle, we in SBA take the character in their shown battle state and tactics, which sans only has his Genocide "i am going for the kill" battle to use

I'm sorry what? So you want to apply Sans' character to himself and say he won't go for an insta win because of it, but then you go and say that Krillin just nukes everything? Lil' bro that's double standards in a nutshell.
No I'm saying if Sans goes for kill then Krillin goes also. If Sans doesn't then Krillin also doesn't. The only people Sans has immediately killed were people who utterly destroyed his life. Proof he would kill here if it's not a standard assumption.

Buddy if someone uses Tele against krillin then he would immediately blast him to oblivion and there would not be small ki blasts.
Ah yes he will use a massive AoE Ki blast while he is being forcefully thrown onto the floor by his own soul, unable to fly to escape danger, restricted to ground level, and will do it while being bombarded with many attacks that could kill him faster than he would think of guessing, on an opponent that, by any one's estimation, looks, feels, and acts very weak.

No I'm saying if Sans goes for kill then Krillin goes also. If Sans doesn't then Krillin also doesn't. The only people Sans has immediately killed were people who utterly destroyed his life. Proof he would kill here if it's not a standard assumption.
Sans only fought 1 time and that was to kill

Krillin has alot of battle where he doesn't fight to kill

Hence why Sans will go for the kill immediately and Krillin doesn't

the only situation we ever saw sans in a fighting mood is him going for the kill, otherwise he just BFRs himself out of the battle, we in SBA take the character in their shown battle state and tactics, which sans only has his Genocide "i am going for the kill" battle to use

Which doesn't apply here. So again do you have anything else than assuming Sans is going to kill someone he just met?

uhum, ok, sans would have "energy" to krillin to feel tho, also show when has krillin when feeling that someone has no ki start going handwire with numerous ki blasts and big AOE like you are claiming

What energy would he have for Krillin to feel? Does Sans have ki?

It's his first move EVERYTIME even when you die and respawn

Because you just murdered everyone he knows?

It sounds like you aren't very knowledgeable on Undertale if you're seriously using this as an argument. Grasping at straws here buddy.

Sans will immediately try to kill someone that he perceives as a significant threat. The only reason he spared Frisk, even on the Pacifist Route, was because he made a promise. He would have immediately killed Frisk otherwise. Literally anyone that has ever played Undertale knows this.

Does it even make any difference here?
very big, a small AOE is easily dodgeable for sans

If they want to kill then he would very much use aoe.
krillin in character is a good guy and does not kill

You posted my words being headcannon in regards to the fact that krillin isn't gonna just aoe blast the ***** out of everything immediately when he feels himself being smacked against his will. Are you joking me?
no, you said he would start with that, as other have said, the moment Krillin gets tossed he will be rapidly bonbarded with numerous of the soul attacking + Durability ignoring attacks, frisk who has resistance dies in like, 20 seconds? even shorter with more and more attacks, and krillin would be even lower than that

Do we assume it would get past Ki?
considering that kirllin almost never uses, or has shown to possess, ki bariers, specially starting with it when fighting someone so much weaker than him, then yes it would, specially since the attacks ignore physical durability anyway, so they could just destroy the barrier if he ever does it

In-character, Krillin absolutely never uses Solar Flare quickly in a fight unless he knows outright that he will easily lose otherwise due to being far weaker than the opponent.
Eh.
Krillililin hardly uses the Solar Flare in fight, because is pretty useless agaist people, since almost everyone on the verse can sense Ki, so he hardly uses in a battle because of that. But since he gonna Sans Ki here and see that is pretty pathetic, he not gonna assume Sans have it.

I mean, if the fúcking Skeleton is controling my movements with Telekenesis, and trowing a bunch of attack at me, i would use all my cards to dodge his attacks.
krillin is not as skilled as goku is
I never said he is trought.

Ok, but thats his final attack.
krillin doesn't kill in character
I mean, if the attack is just too strong for Sans to handle, i don't see how gonna be Kriin fault for killing him.

Eh.
Krillililin hardly uses the Solar Flare in fight, because is pretty useless agaist people, since almost everyone on the verse can sense Ki, so he hardly uses in a battle because of that. But since he gonna Sans Ki here and see that is pretty pathetic, he not gonna assume Sans have it.
Krillin wouldn't use it as a starting move ever. And it would need to be pretty early in the fight to be relevant.

Ah yes he will use a massive AoE Ki blast while he is being forcefully thrown onto the floor by his own soul, unable to fly to escape danger, restricted to ground level, and will do it while being bombarded with many attacks that could kill him faster than he would think of guessing, on an opponent that, by any one's estimation, looks, feels, and acts very weak.

Is it kill in one second or kill immediately? Maybe make up your mind in this?

Also yes if he is thrown like that he stops assuming the opponent is weak and goes for either aoe or an explosive wave to get some distance. Of course that ends up killing Sans.

Sans only fought 1 time and that was to kill

Sans killed in a very specific scenario. Why would he act like that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back