• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, if we're going to change this and not equalize Divinity effects, that'd change Achilles too.

Whoopee. NLF.

Isn't Achille's ability straight up "Being Divine lets you damage him" rather than "only through this special effect of divinity can he be damaged"?

@Monarch

But the degree of Divinity is what determines how badly you can damage him.

really all you need is another form of power nullification or hax bypass. We should probably where his power becomes a NLF tho, like maybe large planet or star?

@Iapitus

But Achilles' invulnerability literally states that force doesn't matter, only Divinity.

It's why Balmung, which could divert Brahmastra Kundala, couldn't do jack to Achilles.

Interesting, so is Achilles's abuility unique in that it is not based on the purge values but the divinity itself?

" Andres Amarantos: Amaranth of the Brave Rank: B
Type: Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm
Range: 0
Maximum Number of Targets: 1 Perso
Other than the heel, his mother, goddess Thetis, gave him immortality.
Any type of attack is nullfied. A person with a certain rank or above in the skill Divinity would negate this effect. " - Fate/Apocrypha material - STATUS: Rider of Red, p.038-039

The wording doesn't seem to make this clear, whether it is the purge resistence that is being reduced or if it is the nature of the skill itself. Atleast in the case of Saver it is clear that it is the purge values

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
But Achilles' invulnerability literally states that force doesn't matter, only Divinity.

It's why Balmung, which could divert Brahmastra Kundala, couldn't do jack to Achilles.

perhaps it would be best to revise the other characters who aren't weird cases and make a seperate post about Achilles, and other characters that have special cases where we cannot determine if the weakness comes from an in universe rule or the nature of the powers themselves

Achilles is rather easy, it's just a protection against any ill and killing intent.

Unless you have divine blood you are not premited to harm him, or you are using a divine weapon (weapon made by a god) or the "attack" is considered as a friendly act like a Vampire bite

Divinity skill itself only affects how much damage he receives. Not if he whatever or not recieves damage.

Ok so in Achilles skill specifically it has to do with the divinity itself and not the anti purge value. So are we set to implement these revisions?

@Rep, it wouldn't be hard to determine "how divine" another character is though. Achilles is the son of a lesser God, bathed in the river Styx - B-Rank. Hercules is a son of a major God who ascended to Godhood after death - A rank. Karma being much the same as Hercules - A rank. Islander being thought of as the son of Zeus - C/D rank. Actual gods - off the scales.

It wouldn't be hard to work out how divine another franchise's character would be considered in the Nasuverse, and thus how much damage they can do to Achilles

@Monarch

For one, Achilles only has a C-Rank in Divinity.

One's rank in Divinity is also dependent on the prominence of the god in the pantheon. Achille's mother is a major goddess, so Achilles' rank is relatively low. Heracles and Karna were both born from top gods in their respectively pantheons, leading to their A-Rank.

Gilgamesh was originally ranked A+ due to being two-thirds god, but it dropped to B due to his dislike for them.

It's not quite as easy as you're making it out to be.

Do I have the go ahead to edit Saver's weakness? and any other servants that may have divinity listed as a weakness if there are any other than Achiles

@Rep perhaps not quite as easy, but still entirely doable.

In regards to Achilles alone, I don't believe we'll be getting people arguing I've whether another character would be consider C or B rank, especially when most divine beings in fiction aren't nearly as complicated as Nasuverse's way of determining Divinity.

And Achilles is only C rank (Couldn't remember and thought it was B-Rank) for being the son of a lesser God, so I very much doubt there would be many other characters in fiction who could he considered to have a divinity less than his, except those who have none at all.

@Iapetus, before you do can you write what you plan on writing on the profiles here so we can check?

sure dude. I have my intended revision for Saver's profile in quotes in my original post. Other than that I shall go find profiles that need revising

@Monarch

There are a good chunk of Servants with D-Rank or lower Divinity.

Francois Prelati has E- Rank Divinity due to being connected to a banished Outer God. Medusa has the same rank due to losing it after becoming a monster. Caesar was deified after his death and descends from Romulus, himself a demigod, giving him D Rank Divinity. Fionn also has D-Rank Divinity due to being a distant descendant of the war god, Nuada.

David, ancestor of Jesus Christ, also has D-Rank Divinity.

@Rep and as you said they have their appropriate Divinity values. I don't think many other characters out there in other franchises are going to be more than "child of a god" or "child of a child of a god".

In any case, all these examples in Nasu would just help us work out the appropriate divinity of a being from another franchise based on the precedent.

Back