• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Science Fantasy IC

Meta thread:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3699966

January 1, 2020:

Midnight

What feels like a bolt of lightning surges throughout all your bodies for several moments. It wasn't uncomfortable, or painful, but it was a strange, although positive sensation that you couldn't quite compare with anything else. Any of you with disabilities or poor health are suddenly cured of that, while also receiving some sort of ability or power that you didn't feel before, before being transported to an alternate dimension. The Benefactor appears before you. His head was faceless, and he was dressed in what appeared to be a dapper gentleman's outfit, with an old fashioned top hat and cane.

His voice was filled with what appeared to be courteous instruction. "The Overlord, Master Tyrannus is threatening all of time and Humanity. Should he succeed in conquering Humanity, the Galaxy, and then the Universe is next. He already has many worlds at his disposal, and he has effected many of your lives already."

"Some of you have lost loved ones, and no one would believe that an alien Overlord has threatened you all. This is why I have given you the power to fight back."

"In this dimension you will find your weapons and equipment." "I've also give you all your present physical conditions and paranormal powers, fighting instincts and perhaps other advantages as well. In this dimension I have set up trials and tests for you to prove you can fight Master Tyrannus."

"Well, I can be found in my estate, which will coalesce around you." Suddenly an enormous 20,000 foot square mansion with two floors materializes around you all. "Feel free to partake of refreshments and ask your questions before you explore the rest of my estate. I assure you that my servants and friends will be most amiable."

I look around to then make my thunder spear appear, a grin appears on my face.

"Well well, I see that the call of the heroes has been realized ... it will be a real hoot"

"Oy! Who the hell do you think you are to just take me here without my permission?!" Hara-Chan complained as she put her hands on her hips. "What am I, a pawn of your's or something?!"

"Please sir and gentle damsel, moderate the terms ... we have been chosen as the last line of defense for the worlds, we are not pawns ... we are the last glimmer of hope," I say gently, raising a hand slightly .

"So some random stranger decides to just kidnap a bunch of people and make them fight for him?" Hara-Chan questioned skeptically, folding her arms over her chest. "Sounds to me like wants to take over the world, but he's too lazy to fight this Tyrannus guy himself."

"At the risk of sounding presumptuous, the world is doomed when I decide that it is ... and it is not yet", I say with a confident smile.

@Spider.

"Tell me Fancy guy, do i get b*tches and glory if i help you ?"

Halflight asks him, nonchalant about the whole situation.

In the meanwhile, a flying robot thingo can be seen floating around him.

"But anyways, we have to prepare for that Tyr anus or something." He takes the balls off of his hair and just puts them in his pockets.

"Well, if any of you want we can do a little duel to test our abilities," I say, slowly turning the spear in my hands.

Magnus quietly listened in as everyone talked around him, thinking to himself... "And what is your stake in all of this?" He asked The Benefactor. "I appreciate the generosity, don't get me wrong, but I prefer to know who my friends are... and why they're my friends in the first place."

"A duel? Like the ones with guns like in yeehaw cowboy times? Or the sword to sword ones like in ye olde times? Either case, I don't have weapons adecuate for those. I just have my balls." Magent says, hands on his pockets.

The Wright Way said:
Magnus quietly listened in as everyone talked around him, thinking to himself... "And what is your stake in all of this?" He asked The Benefactor. "I appreciate the generosity, don't get me wrong, but I prefer to know who my friends are... and why they're my friends in the first place."
"Eh, well, Master Tyrannus murdered my wife, my son, raped my daughter and massacred most of my staff."

"The evening bell hath told Tyrannus' name. Which means ima poke him to death with my giant sword." Hagu says with a smile.

"....Well, then. I'm sorry I asked. That..." Magnus trailed off. He wasn't good with emotions. Particularly when he could relate to someone else's. "I can, at least, somewhat relate to that. He massacred my entire species. I know just as well of you that none of what we do here will undo what has been done, but it could at least help us heal. Turn a wound into a scar as it were, and help us start to move on." Magnus stopped, his face far away in his own memories for a moment. "...That's all we can do sometimes. I doubt it helps, but I'm sorry for your loss."

"Oh, this is a sad story ... like all of our rest, not particularly for my own though," I say.

"I am simply a wandering warrior, I saw with my own eyes what Tyranus did and I witnessed helplessly ... but now I have the strength to face him, along with you companions ... I imagine", I say.

"Oh, anyway, I'm really rude ... I haven't even introduced myself, it's nice to meet you people from other worlds, I'm Nathaniel," I introduce myself with a slight bow.

Junkoposter said:
"The evening bell hath told Tyrannus' name. Which means ima poke him to death with my giant sword." Hagu says with a smile.
"I hope at least one of you manage to do something that makes him stop moving. Over time your powers will grow stronger."

Junkoposter said:
Hagu nods her head. "Very well, shall we get moving?"
"Go ahead. The North part of my estate is a mountain. This mountain has impressive ruins carved inside the rock. Your tests will be there."

Listentomyrhytm said:
"Like, what kind of test? A written one? A physical one? A mental one? An oral one?" Magent stupidly asked.
"Don't feel stupid for asking. I'll just say it's a secret."

"Ah, althought I didn't feel stupid, I just emit stupidity." Magent said, putting a hand on his chin. Do not judge the narrator of his actions.

I chuckle slightly and then lift my spear.

Suddenly the lightning strikes all those present, teleporting us to the place indicated.

"There's no need to thank me"

"Well shit, guess we're doing this now," Hara-Chan decided, before she too proceeded to head towards the mountain.

Ezra who had simply been watching up till now blinks

"That was kinda uncomfortable"

@Faraul

"Do you mind giving us some warning next time? Don't want to accidentally lash out in fear or panic and hurt someone"

@Everyone

"Ah sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name's Ezra, hope to help in any way I can

Oh joy ... this song and dance again.

Rather than introduce myself, I pull out some paper and pen to make myself a name tag before going back to reading on my phone. Some background noise, a flash of light and a big rock now in front of me later, I pocket the phone to summon my spear and armor.

"Different powers this time? Noice. Let the flex off begin, I guess."

Back