• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiryu CRT (One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Shiryu's profile is a bit outdated and could use some work.

Changing his rating:
Shiryu should scale to 6-B. According to Ivankov Magellan and Shiryu together were what gave Impel Down it's reputation of being impregnable to the whole world; this applies to both the prisoners inside and those who would wish to break in. Due to not being able to rely on Marine headquarters for assistance Magellan was forced to free Shiryu to deal with Blackbeard, and both Magellan and Shiryu were confident in him completing that task. Blackbeard when encountering Shiryu called him dangerous, and Blackbeard had already proved to possess the ability to sense how powerful people are with his Observation Haki. When Magellan encountered Blackbeard he took him out rather effortlessly with his poison powers, Shiryu is stated to hold equal strength to Magellan despite lacking any devil fruit hax at all at this point in time.

He also was one of the closest people to Blackbeard when they took Sengoku's shockwave, which is already listed on the profile.

Removing Haki:
While he's likely a Haki user he has yet to be confirmed one in both the story and the vivre cards (this is most likely a similar case with Jack how his first Vivre card didn't reveal haki but his second one did), and until he's confirmed to be a user it should be removed from his profile.

His Sword Raiu:
His sword is confirmed a Meito but is missing off the meito page, it should be added and his sword's durability should be 6-B from scaling to him.

Changing the name of the profile:
Not sure why he's called "shilliew" on his profile but it should definitely change to his accurate name Shiryu.

Large Size:
He has a height of 340cm so he applies for large size type 0.

His Weakness:
Currently he has "extremely bloodlusted" as a weakness, not entirely sure how this counts as a weakness though considering how he actually acts.

Last edited:
I know, but that's not enough to justify that the AP is at that level
He's purely an AP fighter, if Blackbeard considered him dangerous off his power level then yeah it kinda does. That and the rest of the evidence such as Magellan being confident of him dealing with Blackbeard, the very reputation of Impel Down due to them both etc makes a pretty strong case for 6-B.

He's purely an AP fighter, if Blackbeard considered him dangerous off his power level then yeah it kinda does. That and the rest of the evidence such as Magellan being confident of him dealing with Blackbeard, the very reputation of Impel Down due to them both etc makes a pretty strong case for 6-B.
So, should Magellan had 6-B too?

Possibly, depends on how we interpret the equal power statement.
His DF powers wouldn't scale to Shiryu, but on his vivre card stated if He can Destroying The impledown with his venom demon.
If he does it wouldn't be an outlier as during that period many top tiers such as Garp and Blackbeard himself were injured by Luffy.
6-B pre time skip Luffy? Lesss gooo.

If it's from Viz then we gotta change Zoro's name back to Zolo or sum
Using the wiki as a source here:
In Chapter 595, Shiryu's name was romanized as "Shiliew".This spelling is also used at the One Piece Exhibition and Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary. However, in Chapter 925, it was romanized as "Shiryu".
The romanized name's are different to the viz translated names as they appear in the japanese version of the manga, here's what it's referring too:
SSSFWvN.jpg
tK8KNgW.jpg

Agreed good shit

on the topic of Magellan scaling. I think there’s an argument to be made. If we ignore the PIS that is Luffy dropping him to his knees. Magellan also has feats of restraining ace while in cuffs, the same ace that was clashing with admirals a couple hours later.

This might just be my opinion but it would be weird asf to have a glass canon being your warden of the biggest prison. To think ace would just 1-tap him if he didn’t have cuffs on is kinda ridiculous to me.

on the topic of Magellan scaling. I think there’s an argument to be made. If we ignore the PIS that is Luffy dropping him to his knees. Magellan also has feats of restraining ace while in cuffs, the same ace that was clashing with admirals a couple hours later.

This might just be my opinion but it would be weird asf to have a glass canon being your warden of the biggest prison. To think ace would just 1-tap him if he didn’t have cuffs on is kinda ridiculous to me.
Agree with this.

Agreed good shit

Mention that Crocodile and Jinbe were runiing away from Magellan too

This seems a bit flimsy as far as AP justifications go.
The main point I'm making is Blackbeard considered him dangerous and both Magellan and Shiryu were confident in him dealing with Blackbeard despite knowing he defeated Ace.

Like I said above Blackbeard can sense how powerful people are, and someone who's low 7-B would never be considered dangerous to someone like Blackbeard.

Last edited:
Blackbeard says that Shiryu looks like trouble.

For all we know this could be in comparison to all of the fodder guards since Shiyru is heavily above them - or it could be based on all of the guards reacting to Shiryu's presence when he turns up. It doesn't mean that Blackbeard thinks that he and the other Blackbeard Pirates would struggle against Shiyru in a fight.

It's not enough for a solid 6-B rating IMO. Survivng the shockwave from Sengoku helps, but even that's not enough for a full 6-B rating since all of the Blackbeard Pirates were hit by it.

The rest of the changes in the OP like removing the Haki, renaming the page and removing the weakness seem fine.

For all we know this could be in comparison to all of the fodder guards since Shiyru is heavily above them - or it could be based on all of the guards reacting to Shiryu's presence when he turns up. It doesn't mean that Blackbeard thinks that he and the other Blackbeard Pirates would struggle against Shiyru in a fight.
Looks like trouble and dangerous mean the same thing.

At the very least these two examples don't work very well IMO, Blackbeard is skilled enough with his observation haki to tell growth between Luffy in Jaya and Impel Down, he's capable of determining that a 30 million berri bounty is too low for someone like Luffy during Jaya. He's shown capable of telling how strong people are without much effort and he's not the type of person to make judgement based off what fodder say.

I did think about that if he was just comparing them to the fodder he was dealing with prior, however he spared no time or comment for Hannybal who was far above the likes of the standard fodder as well.

His choice of words clearly indicate that if they fought it wouldn't be easy based off what he could sense, and considering what he sensed made him think that Shiryu was Magellan (Who BB only had knowledge on that he was the chief warden) implies it's purely power sensing.

Last edited:
@Eminiteable; at the very least I do not think it is a good justification for a solid rating. Maybe a "Likely" rating but upgrading Shiryu to a full 6-B just because Blackbeard said he looks like trouble is very weak IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back