• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shokuhou Misaki vs Yuuri Kumoi

Shokuhou Misaki vs Yuuri Kumoi

Scenario 1: Battle takes place in London

Scenario 2: Battle takes place in Academy City

The Esper powers of both verses are assumed to be equal in nature.

Bystanders might be involved if necessary.

Otherwise standard assumptions.

Who takes the mind control battle?

I don't know anything about Yuuri, so I'll have to go by her page. Both seem to have pretty similar abilities, with Kumoi having a good edge in the illusion front (though Misaki is no stranger to making complex illusions as seen in Misaki SS, hers doesn't have that "you die on it, you die for real" part). If esper powers are equalized both should be able to resist the other's power, so a mind clash would mean a battle to break the mental defenses of the other. Misaki was good enough to block Kihara Gensei when he had access to Exterior for as long as she was conscious, so unless Yuuri has some pretty impressive mind feats I don't think she's beating Misaki. However, the same can be said for Misaki, as Mitsuari Ayu's Level 3 Mind Stinger was enough to shield her from Misaki's power. I don't think the mind battle would be quickly won either way unless Misaki has access to Exterior.

What I think decides this battle are the bystanders, and that's where Misaki seems to have a slight edge. With her better reactions and her smarts, she'd likely make the bystanders attack Yuuri as she fights her mentally pretty soon into the fight, as she's a pretty paranoid person that would take no chances in a confrontation like this one. Misaki can perfectly control around 10 people, and if they are simple commands such as "stop moving" or "attack that person", she should easily be capable of setting a crowd of dozens on Yuuri. That would be dangerous in London, even more in AC given the espers, Anti-Skill and Skill-Out who could be around for Misaki to use. Misaki's better range means that once this situation starts she can start mentally attacking Yuuri from outside her range as she looks for more people to "recruit".

My vote goes to Misaki in both rounds. I think Yuuri's best shot would be in the second roun by copying a good esper power that would allow her to fight all the people that would attack her at once, but that would be up to luck.

@ Alakabamm

Misaki gets exterior if she otherwise loses, lets say it like that.

I suppose you don't ask for feats for the human level stats, but for the mind control?

Well, mind control feats aren't that straight forward but let me give a few scenes even though it will require reading a few pages.

Here is one that goes on for a few chapters (due to stuff happening at a bunch of places at ones). It shows off early on that she can kill through illusions though (and put illusions on people with even a very strong 6th sense that can usually read all information on objects she touches).

Here you have her battle using the powers of some other people mainly.

Here you have her fight another (much more experienced) Hypno user early on.

Edit: Maybe one important fact. In her verse Yuuris mind control on people could not be removed by anyone else, even if she doesn't effect them directly (with them being outside of her range). Notably all other people in her verse are slightly weaker then her so with her being the only level 7 hypno user. They could only be released through the force of absolution, a power created by 3 level 7 espers that can have various effects.

i see this as a fight where the question would be: can they undo each others commands on people?

in the case they cant do it:

i go with yuuri,

her illusions can even kill people and she can use them on a lot of people at once, even if misaki pre-programs people to attack they will die from illusionary fire that burns them in reality too...

her range should be the same as misakis so there wont be a "i attack your mind but you cant attack my mind due to range"-bs,

misaki also needs controllers of some kind in order to control her powers, with a mass of people attacking her and her inability to stop them it will be a easy win...

in the case they can:

it will be a lot harder, misaki seems to have the edge in strategic thinking, if she uses her powers wisely and avoids head on attacks she could maybe succeed in assasination,

i go with yuuri again because of advantage in numbers and the power to control people a lot faster (giving them commands etc)...

I'm thinking Misaki just because her power is extremely flexible, to the extent that she needs controllers just to use it adequately. It seems her ability to influence the mind is more varied than Yuuri's as well, minus the turning fictional death into reality thing, so she should be able to outperform her.

Misaki can easily just turn people into walking time-bombs that go after Yuuri. With magicians, ESPers and more importantly, firearms in the field, she can just run around Academy City/England and do this for thousands of people.

With EXTERIOR, it is probably a stomp anyways given her massive amount of control.

I read those links for a bit, so I understand her powers a bit better now. Her illusions won't work on Misaki due to better mental defenses, but will probably work on the crowd controlled by Misaki. However, I don't think that's enough for her to win. Misaki is going to trap her and defeat her by using other people while keeping herself outside her range, and any attempts she makes of using people can be undone quickly and turned on herby Misaki.

I keep my vote for Misaki both rounds, though Yuuri has a better shot than what I initially believed in Round 2 due to some low-level esper powers around her, it's still not enough. Misaki's better mind control powers, reactions and smarts trump her better illusions and her power mimicry, especially in Round 1 when her power mimicry won't be very useful.

Back