• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, hold the phone.

If Plague Knight fell down, and then had the potion come into existance

But the potion isn't visible during the Reminant of Fate boss

Which means...

My head hurts

But yeah, it appears that, at least as far as I can tell, Plague of Shadows or more or less non-canon. It is called an alternate quest.

Also, the Earthquake feat probably isn't actually 7 on the Richter Scale, since it quite literally doesn't damage any of the buildings in the village. It dosn't even cause anyone to fall over or anything like that. Most of the townspeople are literally jumping up and down unhindered. Remember, Wikipedia uses "Well constructed buildings" by our modern standards. Buildings in Shovel Knight are based on buildings in midevil times. Even is we assume the buildings in Shovel Knight are as good as modern stuff, the best I can give the earthquake from the Tower of Fate's collapse is a magnitude 6.

Magnitude 5 to 5.9 are described by Wikipedia as "Can cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. At most, none to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone".

Long story short, the earthquake feat is closer to 8-A to 7-C, since the Tower's collapse caused the quake, not the other way around.

I'm fine with that since I was always skeptical about the earthquake feat. We should scale whatever feat the tower collasping is.

That's 8-B. However, the shaking made by the tower's collapse shouldn't be ignored. It's just not High 7-C.

A nutshell for people who missed it:

• Plague of Shadows probably isn't canon, meaning 8-B is safe
  • The Earthquake from the Tower of Fate probably wasn't Magnitude 7, but was closer to 5 or 6
  • That's about it

>Shovel Knight outright beated everyone by himself while they were all together, it's very clear that he is above them all.

And yet Shield Knight, who can fight evenly with the other Knights, is comparable to him. Just because someone beats you doesn't mean you can't effect their durability.

>I'm pretty sure using the storm for the Enchantress has been debunked.

The arguments were that it was due to environmental damage that it received its rating, which storms did at the time. However here they calc'ed Shovel Knight moving the storm back and what KE that would warrant.

Regardless, just saying it was debunked doesn't debunk it, you have to actively present the argument. This still needs evaluations though.

I've already stated that you can still be weaker than someone and still be comparable. Sure they can harm each other, but only one was able to actually beat each everyone consistently.

The storm is a good feat, it's just the Environmental Destruction revisions was what got in the way of scaling to everyone. Though, I only recall it having a 7-B calculation.

>I've already stated that you can still be weaker than someone and still be comparable. Sure they can harm each other, but only one was able to actually beat each everyone consistently.

Then why even make the point if others were in agreement.

>The storm is a good feat, it's just the Environmental Destruction revisions was what got in the way of scaling to everyone. Though, I only recall it having a 7-B calculation.

The new result doesn't use ED so it needs to be properly evaluated.

Since the earthquake is magnitude 5 or 6 and not 7 as the profile says, may I change it accordingly? We can handle the validity of the storm feat later.

What are the summarised conclusions here?

No. That is not the concensis. Nobody seems to care one way or another about the Earthquake feat. The Magnitude 7 Earthquake isn't Magnitude 7, but more like 5 or 6.

Well, some more people should probably look at the earthquake feat. Wikipedia describes a magnitude 7 earthquake as "Causes damage to most buildings, some to partially or completely collapse or receive severe damage. Well-designed structures are likely to receive damage. Felt across great distances with major damage mostly limited to 250 km from epicenter."

There's no damage to the villages found in the game. In the credits, there's no visible damage to stages near the tower. So, I'd say magnitude 6.5 at most, probably closer to 6.

We can probably apply what has been agreed here.

Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back