• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slay The Princess Page Creation Discussion

I will make a calc blog for the door feat later today. Can anyone think of any other feats that can be calced?

Edit: Adversary snapping her chain seems like it would work for lifting strength, I'll see if I can find a reference calc to use for that.

According to some calcs I've looked at, it should be Class K.

Last edited:
Found some new stuff for Nightmare and Wraith maybe

Wraith:
Soul manipulation (Can tear open your soul) - This might have implications for the Tower and Specter routes, since they too can possess/**** with the internal voices. So possibly soul manipulation for Tower, and maybe NPI for Specter.
Bodily Weaponry (She has claws) - Also should she maybe have Type 7 immortality, she looks like a skeleton.

Nightmare:
Blood Manipulation (Makes your blood coagulate)

First post ever.

Are we going to have a verse page, and profiles for all three characters in addition to the cosmo blog and princess profile?

Dunno about a verse page, since it'd at max two to three profiles.
Eh, we've got two calc blogs already and the cosmology blog upcoming. Might be some more calcs on the way if we can find feats for me to calc.

Found some new stuff for Nightmare and Wraith maybe

Wraith:
Soul manipulation (Can tear open your soul) - This might have implications for the Tower and Specter routes, since they too can possess/**** with the internal voices. So possibly soul manipulation for Tower, and maybe NPI for Specter.
Bodily Weaponry (She has claws) - Also should she maybe have Type 7 immortality, she looks like a skeleton.

Nightmare:
Blood Manipulation (Makes your blood coagulate)
Any opinions on these or am i good to add it?

So, how do we treat this?

The PC goes mad, dies, and loops through tens of cycles on fast-forward. It's Madness Manipulation (Type 3), but do you think the time loops would actually be some form of Time Manipulation?

The Echo also seems to have gone mad from this.

The PC goes mad, dies, and loops through tens of cycles on fast-forward. It's Madness Manipulation (Type 3), but do you think the time loops would actually be some form of Time Manipulation?
For the Moment of Clarity it's shown that the PC has lived through all the loops but the horror makes him forget what happened but the other voices remember.

So I don't think it's Time Manipulation as much as multiple cycles of horrible torture (which is also why all the options are grayed out since the PC tried them all already).

For the Moment of Clarity it's shown that the PC has lived through all the loops but the horror makes him forget what happened but the other voices remember.

So I don't think it's Time Manipulation as much as multiple cycles of horrible torture (which is also why all the options are grayed out since the PC tried them all already).
...Okay so what would we consider that? That's definitely significant.

Okay so what would we consider that?
Fear + Madness Manipulation that ends with the PCs death in the previous paths. Every grayed choice is from an option you tried before but didn't work. It's only in the last loop that you're out of options and help free the Moment of Clarity, causing that particular Princess's path to end.

Considering the PC can resist the fear enough to kill the Nightmare (which is how she can become the Wraith in one path) its greater Fear/Madness than her previous form.

Sorry for the double comment. But the Nightmare is also states to have control over her underground area, which is how she can cause the stairs to disappear or the ground to collapse. So she has some for of Reality Warping or something.

Sorry for the double comment.
Don't apologize, I've done it several times and it's not like anybody has really seemed to mind.
But the Nightmare is also states to have control over her underground area, which is how she can cause the stairs to disappear or the ground to collapse. So she has some for of Reality Warping or something.
Maybe this is an occasion for Pocket Reality Manipulation since she's altering a specific space within the Construct?

Maybe this is an occasion for Pocket Reality Manipulation since she's altering a specific space within the Construct?
Yeah. She can control it and even make it bottomless or at least a pit deep enough to the point where the Long Quiet can fall until they starve to death/die if dehydration. This video has it at 2:37:15

I've added it and some other things we've agreed upon to the profile in the blog

Nightmare/Moment of Clarity seems to blink around, in and out of existence... would we consider that Teleportation?

I'm not sure. Since she still treats stuff like the door or table as a physical barrier. But idk.

I'm not sure. Since she still treats stuff like the door or table as a physical barrier. But idk.
Well, I don't think the Princess is being kept in via physical barriers anyway, I think the door is strong conceptually rather than anything else, and the Princess can only break out when the player character is convinced they could do so.

The Shifting Mound;
  • Immortality Type 1 can be removed since it's in some of their previous keys. Their Type 5 reasoning can be replaced with this; They are stated to transcend death.
    • It doesn't matter how I feel. Death, suffering, and oblivion shouldn't fall on others. If we are able to transcend death, then we are responsible for those it holds captive.
  • She and the PC are the cycle of life and death, creation and destruction, so AE Type 1 & Conceptual Manipulation.
    • Together, they were the entire cycle of life and death, creation, and destruction. I don't know if they would warrant any abilities though.
  • She and the PC are reality, so Reality Warping.
    • I reject the narrow view of impermanence. I cling to nothing. There is no better us for us to be than us. We are reality itself.
  • She and the PC are everything, so Omnipresence.
    • All things are connected through me and through you. To harm me is to harm yourself is to harm everything. The truth of that moment remains our truth.
  • She is action itself, so Causality Manipulation
    • When forced between choosing your death, and forfeiting your body, you chose agency. But agency requires action, and action requires an endless tapestry of events. In your final moments, would you remove action itself from reality?
The Multitude;
The Wild;
Still going through stuff, but this is what I've found so far.

It's seems more hyperbolic there. Like the Echo is trying to perceive something that a limited being can't really get.
The Wild stated that they can't be hurt anymore, so Invulnerability?
It's a bit iffy. I don't think there's enough justification for the rating.

It's mind reading due to her nigh-omnipresence.

mean, the Echo is also stated to be omnipresent within the construct and exists outside of the Wild's normal reach.
The Echo is still limited though. Like the Echo is just outright inferior to multiple Princesses and doesn't have the cosmic knowledge the more powerful forms have.

Though my thing is probably a reach, so Perception Manipulation is probably alright.

Experimenting with creating renders for the different Princesses, here's The Razor:
The_Razor.png

The Adversary:
The_Adversary.png

Last edited:
By the way, the advanced form of The Razor where you die a bunch of times is known as "No Way Out". The one where she turns into a titan of blades is known as "The Empty Cup".

By the way, the advanced form of The Razor where you die a bunch of times is known as "No Way Out". The one where she turns into a titan of blades is known as "The Empty Cup".
Should we split the Razor like we do the other forms or make a new key?

I wouldn't make a new key for any of them, I'd just list them in the same key like The Beast/The Den

I think The Razor/No Way Out would Accelerated Development and Transformation (Grows more blades the longer she fights and the more she kills). The Empty Cup is just the upper limit of her transformation development.

Back