• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slenderman vs Freddy Kruger but Freddy has better hax

Most people just don't like that concept, as they find he meme-y and think he is just a character that tweens and young teens find scary. I personally would like it but I can't see it happening. Perhaps a character inspired by him, but not the character himself.

Also, the Nightmare is getting re-worked, so i don't know if we should wait for that to get done or what.

Eh, Slender definitely has a humorous side, but it's not like every other horror character doesn't. At the very least Slender's abilities are far more creative than 90% of horror antagonists, even in the average at best movie he stared in.

Aside from him and Krueger, most horror antagonists are just "Stab the innocent person"

Don't get me wrong, this can still be amazing, but I've always been more of a fan of supernatural abilities.

Yeah. Anyway, back on topic. Freddy doesn't have anyway around Immortality (Type 6), Mind Manip, and Passive Prob. SM doesn't have a way around Immortality (Type 8).

How fast is Freddy's respawn time? Cause SM could just whisper, kill him, and the entity would have to revive him...eventually \.-./ tbh the survivors are the only ones specifically stated to be brought back by the entity, and the time frame they comeback in is...unknown...

Slenderman is still susceptible to the Fear Aura and being hooked, in which the kill wouldn't be by Freddy's hand but the Entity's.

@Headless Survivors that haven't lost all hope are brought back after the Trial ends. Those that have lost hope are discarded into a void.

The Pigs recuperation once in the realm of the Entity was instant, and the Spirit's had an unknown timeframe.

And the fear hax isn't that great. "The very presence of a killer is enough to incite panic, severe anxiety, and terror. Amplified through proximity." and yet survivors (normal humans) can work through this fear (sometimes somewhat hindered but still work through it), as well as hide during it. Also SM could just teleport off the hooks or away from freddy's grasp.

Again, Freddy is being reworked and this battle likely should wait till then.

Haven't found the death hax thing yet.

Also, are we now assuming The Pig died? "Bleeding out on the tiled floor, darkness engulfed Amanda's vision, accompanied by a sound like creaking wood. Then she was in a forest, once more viewing the world through the eyes of a Pig. Trees surrounded her, their branches clawing at her from all sides. Waves of panic washed over her and she could hear her breath reverberating inside the mask" She was still able to hear, her vision however, was dark. Dying? Yes. Dead? No.

The Spirit is literally a ghost.

"Humans are able to work through it"

For the game to even occur, of course.

She clearly had healed and the Spirit has a physical body, she isn't really a ghost.

Hook escapes speed up sacrifice process.

>Says fear is game mechanics when even in lore, survivors work through their fear and are able to hide around killers.

>Also says a game mechanic is cano

jk but really I thought the latter was game mechanics. Is it not?

Also yes, but she is a still undead. Depending on the fiction (or "real life" accounts) ghost can be physical entities. She was resurected/corrupted by the entity to be a killer. We have never once heard of an instance of a killer being killed and resurected. We don't know if the entity would allow it or not. It allows them to be damaged and hurt, but we don't know about being killed out right. It is an assumption to say the entity will revive a defeated and killed killer.

Also a couple things:

1. I don't think there are any hooks due to SBA

2. If there were, SM could teleport before being hooked (aka out of Freddy's hands) as said before.

There's really nothing contradicting it though, the Entity depends on the Killers to sacrifice the people it continuously resurrects for the purposes of feeding off their hope, if we know it can resurrect the Spirit and heal the Pig, why can it not bring them back from the dead when that's literally what it does for things it sees as lesser?

You misunderstand, the fear hax as described cannot work as described because players have free will over their actions, if it functioned as described people would be screaming at mere sight and would be dropping items they carried. (Overwhelming Presence)

Fear hax isn't reliant on tier and effects all those without resistance equally, the hax isn't a result of simply being scary, but the Heartbeat forcing the fear on them, there's no reason it should not work here.

Freddy is blessed by the Entity who creates the hooks, so they really should be part of his equipment.

Abstractions said:
There's really nothing contradicting it though, the Entity depends on the Killers to sacrifice the people it continuously resurrects for the purposes of feeding off their hope, if we know it can resurrect the Spirit and heal the Pig, why can it not bring them back from the dead when that's literally what it does for things it sees as lesser?

If we have no evidence that it does it, why do we assume? Also in the new update, when a match ends, doesn't the entity just start consuming everyone on the map if they stay to long? That is a side not but still. Also the entity could just create new killers so that is one reason. Plus I am pretty sure no killer has hope so they would go to the void right? Idk it just seems fishy imo, I don't want to be rude.

You misunderstand, the fear hax as described cannot work as described because players have free will over their actions, if it functioned as described people would be screaming at mere sight and would be dropping items they carried. (Overwhelming Presence)

"Your presence alone instils great fear. Survivors within your Terror Radius suffer from inefficiency." That is it's description. They are scared of the killer and are less effective than before. That doesn't mean they are paralized or can't fight. Plus SM could just teleport away and mind hax, memory hax, fear hax, death hax, probability hax etc. Plus superior range.

Fear hax isn't reliant on tier and effects all those without resistance equally, the hax isn't a result of simply being scary, but the Heartbeat forcing the fear on them, there's no reason it should not work here.

Wouldn't keep SM from fighting, plus he could just teleport out of TN's terror radius (not that he would know to, but if something scares you, you want to get away). Plus TN would be efected by SM's fear as well so they both would be affraid of the other.

Freddy is blessed by the Entity who creates the hooks, so they really should be part of his equipment.

Though the location they are fighting in isn't a location created by the entity.

They have more importance to the Entity by being the people that feed it, they are just as necessary as survivors so it would be reaching to suggest that it wouldn't resurrect them just the same.

There are quotes to the abilities themselves: "Shit! I dropped the gauze!" is an indicator that they are so petrified they cannot perform said actions correctly, hence the inefficiency.

Yes, but you don't exactly win fights by retreating from them.

Then he is being restricted of tools that even the hax between them.

Abstractions said:
They have more importance to the Entity by being the people that feed it, they are just as necessary as survivors so it would be reaching to suggest that it wouldn't resurrect them just the same.

But again, saying it would is unknown and it would be reaching either way. We are atm just assuming they would be resurecceted without distinct evidence of it. Again, it doesn't always control the killers, it tortures them, and allows survivors to harm and stun them.

There are quotes to the abilities themselves: "Shit! I dropped the gauze!" is an indicator that they are so petrified they cannot perform said actions correctly, hence the inefficiency.

Not petrafied, just scared. Preoccupied with being scared to be completely addept at the actions they are doing. "the state of not achieving maximum productivity; failure to make the best use of time or resources" is the definition of inefficiency. They are still able to complete tasks, just not at as high of a standard as before. Survivors can still move aka SM could still move. Survivors, though hampered, can still complete task. Meaning SM can still use hax, teleport, attack, etc. When afraid you either fight or take flight. Both of those are things SM can do in this case.

Yes, but you don't exactly win fights by retreating from them.

Moving away and realizing that you aren't effected by the fear gives you an advantage. Plus it allows SM to spam ranged attacks like lightng Freddy on fire, manipulation his mind, etc etc etc.

Then he is being restricted of tools that even the hax between them.

I don't understand this statement.

Yet influences chases in the Killer's favor, the entire aspect of the chase and the exits is for the survivors to have hope, it is necessary. Also, I'm not grasping what you are trying to say when you say it tortures them, the survivors receive the same treatment but are resurrected, why cherry pick?

I'm thinking my point went over your head here.

Evidence for SM doing this?

What is Freddy's win condition, if not able to actually kill Slenderman himself? Relying on the Entity to do it, which can be done through hooks, which makes this a fair matchup. That was the point of my comment.

Because we have no concrete evidence of such.

How so? I adressed what you stated.

It is literally on his page.

Fair, but SM still can easily avoid being hooked via teleportation and just incapacitating TN with mind manipulation. And as I brought up before, we don't know TN's respawn time, assuming The Entity would save him. Btw, if TN killed SM, and be SM, then what would The Entity do? Create a new TN?

We have enough though.

You missed the quote point, their fear is so great that holding small objects is difficult.

I clearly meant the spamming from range aspect, not the ability itself.

No, which is why relying on the Entity is really the only way the Nightmare can avoid the Immortality.

Not really, just you assuming.

I did read the quote. If yopu want me to directly talk about it, which I basically already did, ok. Small objects are easy to drop, even when you aren't afraid. I already said why that still isn't that effective in the point were I adressed your quote comment.

If you suddenly learn an opponet only fills you with dread up close, and you have ways to attack them while not being close, what would you do? It is common sense. And basically adressed it in the statement above, the one you said "Yes, but you don't exactly win fights by retreating from them." and I said after that "Moving away and realizing that you aren't effected by the fear gives you an advantage. Plus it allows SM to spam ranged attacks like lightng Freddy on fire, manipulation his mind, etc etc etc." I literally already explained why SM would do that. Sure it might not be in character for him to do normally (though people debate what is normal for him), but this isn't normal. You are overcome by panic, something you as an entity that causes panic, never feel. You move away and realize "hey I am no longer afraid". As the fight continues he is bound to put 2 and 2 toghether, since neither can really kill each other through normal means. So he will go for the incap. Also you haven't touched on the fact TN would be having accidents left and right due to SM's Passive Probability Manipulation and would be terrified as well due to SM's fear manip.

But TN wouldn't know to do that.

There is implication less subtle.

Depends on who you are, honestly, I wouldn't consider this an effective counter-argument.

"Accidents left and right" feels like an overestimate, how do we approximate it? Are there examples of how effective it is?

It's literally in their character to go for the sacrifice and what the whispers of the Entity demand them to do.

You keep saying that.

I already explained how TN's fear manip will not keep SM from doing things. Heck it only hinders humans, not keeping them from doing tasks. It makes tasks difficult, yes, but survivors still are able to work through the fear. It isn't something that will solve TN issues here. It will make SM afraid, I have no doubt about that. But then what? It doesn't keep him from teleporting. It doesn't keep him from moving. It doesn't keep him from attacking. It doesn't keep him from attacking.

He is quoted to be the sole cause of all accidents. This accident means: "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury" and "an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause". He caused it.

Again, doesn't keep SM from teleporting out of TN's grasp. He will be afraid of TN. He will want to get away, and yet he still is having to want to kill TN via SBA. So we go back to what I have said will happen. SM plays the range game till he learns he has to incap and just manipulates the mind of TN to cause him to just stand there and do nothing so TN can't hurt SM. SM might even get TN to kill himself which I doubt would permenatly kill TN, but still. He could just mind hax him. He is said to be able to make armies bow with just his voice.

Freddy Rework has been announced.

So, wait for that.

Granted, it's not really a large change.

The Immortality Type 8, surprisingly enough, may be less of an issue in this fight.

Which is good since DBD matches are nearly impossible to make because of it, unless I can put "Victory upon first death."

Incapacitation isn't a really good method either, since The Entity can just stop that, too. Their purpose is to 'collect food', so, the Entity is obviously going to stop methods that interfere with that.

To my knowledge, though, I've never seen Type 8 actually become relevant in a Trial or in a fight. Whenever a Survivor dies, they're gone for quite a long time, and don't respawn in the same trial.

I personally think it's not combat-applicable. We haven't really had evidence of there being a fight, a killer/survivor dying, then instantly spawning back to continue the fight.

When a Survivor dies, they go back to the camp fire and wait for the next trial. Killers, we have less evidence for.

What's your thoughts, though? If it's not combat-applicable, we could actually make a whole lot of different fights (and remove things like Caleb vs Ghostface, which reaaally isn't that fair).

Back