• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
and I doubt It would last weeks to penetrate the slug enough to kill It

At some point in the video, the ants were getting overwhelmed by the slug's mucus. Keep in mind that this isn't the type of beetle that eats sap so it getting overwhelmed by mucus is a possibility {Though the size difference here isn't that bad so it's mostly minor}

Also on average, the beetle is 16 centimeters while the slug can reach around 30 centimetres

SO

At some point in the video, the ants were getting overwhelmed by the slug's mucus. Keep in mind that this isn't the type of beetle that eats sap so it getting overwhelmed by mucus is a possibility {Though the size difference here isn't that bad so it's mostly minor}

Also on average, the beetle is 16 meters while the slug can reach around 30 centimetres

So the bettle is much bigger them the snail here, and the ants were to small, there entire body was being trapped on It

I'm assuming the beetle is not allowed to just go off and eat something else and then try again like this guy suggested:
I forgot to mention something. The slug being sticky does make it harder for the beetle to eat anything and would ultimately cut off a large portion of its ability to regularly consume

How durable is the slug on its own though? If it's durable to survive several bites from the beetle then I think I'll vote for it since I can see the beetle's mandibles becoming to sticky to be effective happening sooner then it eating the slug (meaning it would die of starvation).

How durable is the slug on its own though? If it's durable to survive several bites from the beetle then I think I'll vote for it since I can see the beetle's mandibles becoming to sticky to be effective happening sooner then it eating the slug (meaning it would die of starvation).
Obviously it'll die from being stepped on or swarmed by ants but in a 1v1, should be decently durable since the beetle's attacks aren't proportional to its body size (However it is almost as big as the slug)
Also on average, the beetle is 16 centimeters while the slug can reach around 30 centimetres

I'll vote slug then since it will be nearly twice the size of the beetle and it will be too difficult for it to bite through and eventually the beetle's mandibles will become ineffective causing the beetle to starve.

"The slime of a banana slug is capable of making the mouth of a potential predator go numb"

Yeah, I think this further adds to my point on the slug winning lol

Back