• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Homestuck revisions

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Since the only big Homestuck revision I can think of is about Andrew Hussie, doing the others seems fine.

A blog and a page
I made a blog about Lord English's passives on a backup wiki. If it's accepted, I can move it to this one and add the blog to Caliborn's page.

Same with a page for Retcon Powers.

God Tier Regenerationn and villains' immortality
The current Regenerationn for God Tiers is based on Porrim-Aranea conversatio, where they basically say that God Tiers could regenerate from Lord's erasure if it weren't for him bypassing immortality and negating stuff. The new Regenerationn changes makes regenerating from his erasure High-Godly, so their regen should change as such.

According to this WoG, "supreme villain" should gain type 8 immortality based on Paradox Space. It at least apply to Bec Noir and Lord English. If it apply to SS, Jack English, or Condesce can be up to debate.

"This is probably the first real indication that John is capable of doing cool and formidable shit, instead of just being a useless dork with silly hammers who likes movies and flounders around. Is it enough to pose a threat to Bec Noir? Well, it's enough to put out a lot of green fire. But as sick as this is, John won't cut it until he's god tier at least. Even then...eh, he's still gonna need some help. It's better to look at any given god tier kid as a good piece in a diversified party of heroes, who all play a useful role in a bigger fight, as finally seen in Collide. At this point, you couldn't be blamed for presuming Bec Noir to be the ultimate threat who the heroes are all prepping to take down in the end, but the truth is, he's just one of many imposing villainous figures by the time we get there. The story just isn't built to have that kind of traditional, villainous focal point in the long run. Hell, even the "supreme villain" isn't really the villainous focal point. More like an elusive parody of one. A more symbolic Figure of Menace, or a demonic avatar for the dire preconditions of adversity built into Paradox Space. We heard Vriska a few pages ago invoke his catch phrase, but in reference to Jack rather than English: "He is already here." It's true. The threat, whether it's Jack or LE, already exists, regardless of whether you try to bring him about or instead preempt his existence. Any "supreme villain" in this story will be intrinsically stitched into the fabric of cyclical reality. You can't stop them from coming into being, and you can't make them dead until they're good and ready to go, as authorized by Paradox Space. As such, the emphasis in the story never really is "How to stop the villains," even though the heroes presume it must be due to consuming all the same media we do. The emphasis is on Other Things, existing in a state of tension with traditional adversities in the backdrop. And if you have become a scholar of these book notes—which, sadly, you obviously have—then you must know all about what those Other Things are by now.

Minor thing
God Tier Jade showed clairvoyance.

Possible use of Paradox Space's comics
Here's what Hussie said about Paradox Space

"For any given story, it is either "Definitely Not Canon" or "Possibly Canon". But no story should ever be regarded as "Definitely Canon", unless Homestuck itself confirms those events retroactively in some manner"

While it may not be used to scale to the main characters, I think it could be used for Ultimate Selves or something like this as a "possibly". Given the whole canon stuff with HS^2/Epilogues it could be a thing.

First thing is fine I guess.

Second thing, I'm uncertain about, but whatever.

Third thing, the whole weirdly canon thing also applies to Epilogues and HS^2, so?

Epilogues and HS^2 should be above Paradox Space in term of canonicity, since only 2/3 comics on it were made by Andrew Hussie, while he still do the outline of Epilogues and HS^2. That's why I don't think it could be used for the main characters unlike Epilogues/HS^2 (tho they'll have new keys if their new version become too different from the original one).

Sadistic Sleuth said:
Most of this seems fine
Also, didn't Jade zap Lord Jack somewhere else, giving her BFR
That's why she has BFR on her profile yeah.

Okay actually, I don't see why the regen would be justified.

It's basically the same feat as the one for Mid-Godly, except that the new High-Godly cover "narrative erasure", which correspond to LE's one (also it can erase concepts but Idk if it count as "conceptual erasure" too).

Also I forgot to mention that Ultimate!Dirk should possibly have Doc.Scratch/Lord English abilities since they're part of his splinters thanks to Lil Hal (Equius is already considered as one on his page).

Where's the narrative erasure come from, just to be sure? I don't see why it'd necessarily scale to regen; it kills God Tiers permanently, and its power cannot be separated from any other effects it may have.

Could you post a durect screenshot of the conversation so people don't have ro play through the whole walk around to find it?

It comes from Epilogues, however the erasure was already in HS. The "kills God Tiers" part is because it ignores the Heroic/Just judgment, however Porrim/Meenah think that god tier can/could survive it if it weren't for this. They also know pretty well the most experienced GT whose not a cherub or an Ultimate Self.

I'll post a transcript (mspa wiki has a link for this) when I'm on PC.

Back