• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So how do we account for Captain America beating Iron Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if people have discussed this already (probably) but the difference between Iron Man's new suits and Captain America's power in the cinematic universe is still pretty big. Is there a reason Cap could shut down a multi-city block character or?

The fact that Iron Man wasn't focusing on him on the beginning, and let Steve damage the weaker parts of the suit + the suit was already damaged from the airport fight + this particular suit isn't all that impressive, probably because he seemed to want to retire and wasn't focusing on the suits and more on Pepper + a little bit of plot power.

Jucaslucas said:
The fact that Iron Man wasn't focusing on him on the beginning, and let Steve damage the weaker parts of the suit + the suit was already damaged from the airport fight + this particular suit isn't all that impressive, probably because he seemed to want to retire and wasn't focusing on the suits and more on Pepper + a little bit of plot power.
Makes sense. His suit was severally weakened at the begining of the fight. Altough I disagree on the suit not being impressive as it's acually ment to be his most advanced yet.

Well it certainly looked way weaker than the others. Iron Man 3 already showed how weak his suits can be if he makes them in a hurry, and considering he basically retired after Age of Ultron, that suit was likely not built as strong as the others.

Jucaslucas said:
Well it certainly looked way weaker than the others. Iron Man 3 already showed how weak his suits can be if he makes them in a hurry, and considering he basically retired after Age of Ultron, that suit was likely not built as strong as the others.
That actually makes a lot of sense. When he was defeated I initially atributed it to him recently retiring and therefore using a worse suit.

Listen to the armor when it lands, especially with War Machine behind it. It's extremely lightweight. This might have some bearing with its durability or he just used carbon nanofiber to shell it.

But then there's the tech inside it that's getting lighter and lighter as well.

I recall him mentioning he got hurt when the cars got dropped on him, meaning there may have been a breach in durability due to the lesser weight since he didn't flinch with Mk6 (correct me on the number) was getting headbutted by Thor.

Iron Man lost due to inconsistencies in the series ,one time he is fighting Thor and the other stragles with a low level superhuman like Captain.Cap's Room level stats come solely by his fight against Iron Man.

Uh excuse me who said Iron Man was holding back in the fight? He wanted to kill Bucky and was on the attacking side. He surely wasn't holding back against Captain America, slamming him aside like that at the beginning and viciously beating him before Cap's victory, and in my opinion, Cap and Bucky are on the defensive. Bucky is only to prevent himself from being killed and Cap is only trying to protect Bucky. It was only when Iron Man severely injured Bucky and Cap went outrage and started attacking. Cap, instead of Iron Man, was holding back most of the fight.

Just wondering, if ultron is rated as GJ+ in striking, wouldn't that scale cap to at least building level durability? And then for being able to even stagger ultron would put his striking at building level as well, no? This would also explain the iron man battle

In this case, a matchup result that is logically far out of the range of what a character should be capable of.

If Captain America can barely stop a helicopter, then he cannot remotely be City level.

Anyway, this is a very old thread, so I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back