• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, I'm kinda bored so let's make a battle of GF like characters. Luz vs Anne

Your opinion?
Well, I did some research and I see it end like Youtd says.
Like I said above it's more speed and expirience vs power and versatility. And I think the first is more superior. While Luz have dozen of glyphs she can't exactly spam it while Anne can dodge it. Luz have enough power to one shot Anne, but Anne have enough Reaction to escape it and beat Luz in CQC.

Like I said above it's more speed and expirience vs power and versatility. And I think the first is more superior. While Luz have dozen of glyphs she can't exactly spam it while Anne can dodge it. Luz have enough power to one shot Anne, but Anne have enough Reaction to escape it and beat Luz in CQC.
I don't think Anne has enough power to one-shot Luz before getting blocked or hit by a glyph.

But she can use different glyphs at once.
I meant more defense and offense, right, she can use different glyphs at once, but at the same time she can't defend and attack at same time. And well, even then Luz can run out of it.

Last edited:
To point out:
So Luz has the AP advantage with magic which is large enough to oneshot but Anne has the speed advantage and more skill with weapon mastery.
and could dodge Luz's magical glyphs with acrobatics and instinctive reaction so my vote goes for Anne.

Also Im assuming Luz's magic works because in her weakness sections it says "Her magical glyphs do not seem to work outside the Boiling Isles."
Anne's position
The instinctive reaction will make Anne hard to hit but Luz can make Ice pillars to hinder Anne's movement. Anne will have have trouble dodging multiple vines coming at her from different directions so I think Luz will eventually land a hit. I am going to vote Luz.
I would give it to Luz, via magic versatility, range and AP.
Luz's position

Something bigger
yLZ55cl.jpg

Last edited:
I mean we should probably hold off till the episode offically gets realeased, if the rumors are true the episode that got leaked might not be canon anymore.

idk, I mean anne probably wins anyway because of better training and not being autistic so her super mode wouldn't change much.

Leaving it first key only for now, I think Anne's way better with combat experience in general and if she gets close to Luz with or without a sword, she can probably do her in before she can even try and focus on finding a glyph. Though, if Luz manages to hit her with a magic attack, that's game over for Anne. She is pretty agile though, so I don't think it would be very easy to land a hit on her. Especially for Luz.

The instinctive reaction will make Anne hard to hit but Luz can make Ice pillars to hinder Anne's movement. Anne will have have trouble dodging multiple vines coming at her from different directions so I think Luz will eventually land a hit. I am going to vote Luz.
I would give it to Luz, via magic versatility, range and AP.
I believe this is reasoning for
Luz's victory.

Anne just closes the gap with her speed and Acrobatics, like her higher end spells in owl house are pretty slow, she just dodges and then puts herself in range that Luz's higher attacks are wortheless.

I am voting Luz because I don't think that Anne's speed is enough to overcome to the AP difference. If I remember correctly, Luz has used glyphs in close quarters before and she needs to land few hits than Anne does due to the AP difference and can use ice and plants to shield herself.

And on this wiki, subsonic is anywhere between 76.7269 - 383.635 mph. And she has this from scaling to Sprig to can react to arrows. And notably, she has likely higher for specifically moving faster than sight, though this doesn't seem to be her normal combat speed. Not only that, but several of Luz's spells don't need to be aimed.

I also couldn't seem to find a video of Sprig reacting to arrows, can someone dig that up?

Back