• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some undertale magical attacks and low tier revisions:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this post said:
Anyways, i think its about deciding whether the hotlands and core monsters should be subsonic+, transonic, or at least subsonic+ possibly transonic.

I personally feel comfortable giving everyone with 29 and above transonic (except pyrope and dummy) mainly due to being both noteably skilled (mostly assassins) and powerful.
Thoughts anyone?

This is sort of a related question, least to the magic. But if a character can interact with non physical, and one of them grabbed an attack like ome of Sans bones. would holding it still do damage to them?

Im not sure. It should probably still do some soul poison damage at least.

Also bump. Any staff wanna have a say on the speed thing quoted?

Gonna be honest, kinda fallen off in terms of following what's actually being said. Can anyone like, summarize?

Crimson Azoth said:
Okay, here's my list for scaling purposes, make of this what you will
Subsonic/Subsonic+

All Ruins, Waterfall, Snowdin, Hotland and True Lab monsters not later mentioned

• Via scaling to Frisk. No combat experience or skill means that they shouldn't scale above our little psychopath
Alphys

• As previous. No combat experience or skill, but should still be able to match the rank and file monsters pace for pace. Was also implied to be able to contend with the Amalgemates
Transonic
The Dogs (not including Annoying Dog)

• Should all scale to Greater Dog via being rank and file members of the Royal Guard. None of them appear overly faster than Greater Dog either
Shyre

• Nature of her attacks helps her out here, the sound base should count for something. The speed of sound may be amped by magic in her later attacks
Muffet

• Here by virtue of scaling below all those next, and above all those before
Supersonic
The Twin Royal Guards

• The lads you meet in Hotland. Implied to be the elite of the Royal Guard, just below Undyne
Sans and Papyrus

• Papyrus is consistently called out for being much stronger than expected, and has surprisingly quick attacks when you do battle with him (just after going against Greater Dog I might add). Sans should at least scale to his brother and can speedscrew Chara/Frisk during their battle
Toriel

• Should not scale that far below her husband. Only reason she doesn't no-sell stomp Frisk at the beginning of the game is because she is so chill and nigh on lets you win
Metato

• Robot built to be the best human killing creature in the Underground, an Underground which includes Undyne. Metaton at least scales above the Twin Royal Guards
Undyne

• High end of Supersonic for the crazy fish lady. She is superior enough to practically speedblitz both Papyrus and the Twin Royal Guards. Her spears are also so ridiculously fast that she should easily make it this far
Supersonic+
Asgore

• Best fighter in the Underground. His scythe slash is one of, if not the, fastest attack in the game. Also speedstomped Undyne. Nuff said
Tell me what y'all think!

That cause of a calc crimson did.

As well

Read said sans should be supersonic+. But I disagree with it.

And a question of.

As well. A question. If someone who can interact and grab onto non physical things like Undertales attacks, if one grabbed and held their projectile (Like sans bones), would that still do damage or not?

Ummm. I just said sans reactions only are that level. Also the question is off topic.

Its currently about which monsters (below undyne and mettaton) scale to subsonic or transonic.

Crimson gave a point that the ones who should scale are the ones with noteable strength and skill.

So i said the following

"Anyways, i think its about deciding whether the hotlands and core monsters should be subsonic+, transonic, or at least subsonic+ possibly transonic.

I personally feel comfortable giving everyone with 29 and above transonic (except pyrope and dummy) mainly due to being both noteably skilled (mostly assassins) and powerful."

Papyrus should have transonic as well. Undyne, mettaton, asgore and toriel are supersonic (as well as sans with supersonic+ reactions)

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
How do you dodge something that's instantaneous ingame?
If the laser hits you in the overworld, it switches to the combat screen where you can basically still avoid it at point blank range. Which should be a reaction feat minimum.

I mean, frisk would have gained little to no determination while dodging that nor any real speed increase. Its happens as soon as his overworld self is hit. I think the only person it might not scale to would be monster kid if you argue that "combat frisk" is faster than overworld frisk.

Not true really. The laser clearly was leagues faster than frisk pre battle screen. It's instant shot when firing at their bass. But they suddenly become fast enough to dodge it when the battle screen is up. That's more a sudden boost in speed and DT. They can't dodge pre battle screen. Only on the battle screen. So, really only combat frisk

The overworld showcases frisks casual walking speed. Theres nothing indicating the combat screen gives frisk a sudden boost in speed or stats. It just appears as a way to show frisk dodging the laser, partially because there would be no way to program his overworld self dodging that attack without making the laser move in slow motion (which immediately stops the feat from being valid).

Frisk always appears on the laser when hes dodged it. So i feel as though this should be a reaction feat only regardless (combat with scaling).

The Undertale combat system makes feats so much fun

I don't think is scales to base frisk. Only combat determined frisk. As that's the only time frisk can actually dodge it. Else they get blitzed by it.

It would be combat low determination frisk at best. But either way, this should scale all monsters to transonic at least in combat speed.

Who would be supersonic from this apart from the ones mentioned before? Maybe papyrus and muffet?

Read this post said:
Anyways, i think its about deciding whether the hotlands and core monsters should be subsonic+, transonic, or at least subsonic+ possibly transonic.

I personally feel comfortable giving everyone with 29 and above transonic (except pyrope and dummy) mainly due to being both noteably skilled (mostly assassins) and powerful.
Bumfp

Also not sure if the calc can be accepted (likely subsonic+ since the height was slightly elevated). I did mention in the recent comment why it might be a feat. But if not useable, i suppose the comment here can be accepted instead?

Come on people. It's just one comment (in the quote) we need evaluation on. Don't give up now! I believe in you!!!

Are we gonna finish this or am I gonna have to go to the dms and rob andytrenom of his innocence?

Bump.

Okay seriously, are any of the knowledgeable members or staff willing to respond to the quoted comment? The upgrade itself is approved. Its literally just the comment I quoted above which covers the speed scaling for a few characters.

You can politely notify the staff and experienced members who responded earlier via their message walls.

The moment the laser hits Frisk, it happens in basically a single frame. When the Frisk enters the combat with the lasers, they are going to him sideways (from right?). The combat and the overworld scene contradict each other. How so? When the laser hits Frisk at pointblank range, they go to the combat scene, when they go through the lasers (blue by staying, orange by moving). Using just a single frame gives us a suspicion that it is likely a game mechanics thing.

Next, the content of the overworld and combat scenes don't match each other: in the overworld the laser is basically hitting you, yet in the combat you're just supposed to go through a bunch of lasers moving from a pretty long distance from ya. There's a possibility that the lasers might hit the soul, in fact.

Undyne was throwing her spears at Frisk, and when they come at a pointblack scene, Frisk enters the combat scene. The spears there seem to move at higher speeds than in overworld, and these speeds were accepted for a previous speed revision afaik. In every other monster combat Frisk dodges with his soul. So it's a likely possibility that the combat scenes can be considered as a canon in terms of speed. In at least most cases anyways.

So I have 2 arguments against the calculation:
1) The calc involves the intervention of game mechanics, which trashes the results
2) Overworld and combat scenes contradict each other, and the combat scene should likely be used as a canon

Hmmm. I can agree to some extent. It is hard to say what frisk is doing canonically to avoid being hit by the laser. Using it does seem iffy to me.

Greater dogs barking is accepted at least, so its mainly the quote below i kinda need help with so the profiles can be scaled to the feat

Anyways, i think now its about deciding whether the hotlands and core monsters should be subsonic+, transonic, or at least subsonic+ possibly transonic. I personally feel comfortable giving everyone with 29 and above transonic (except pyrope and dummy) mainly due to being both noteably skilled (mostly assassins) and powerful.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Read_this_post/Undertale_sound_thingy Scaling to this.

Oh, I forgot about Greater Dog's barking xd, yeah, Subsonic+ speed should be accepted then

So uh, who are the notable 29+ stat monsters in Hotlands/Core? I forgot

I agree with Core monsters (Madjick, Knight Knight, Astigmatism, Whimsalot, Final Froggit, Mettaton) getting Subsonic+ speed. As for Hotland monsters, Muffet and Royal Guards should get it as well because they seem to be at the area's top power, giving trouble to Frisk, so they're probably comparable to Core's monsters in some way. I don't think that a single Royal Guard can stop Knight Knight though.

Hooray. They finally got a decently good upgrade now 1 month later, someone will find an issue with it and yeet it away

Actually. Everyone around of above greater dogs level would scale to subsonic+. The monsters that you mention i meant should get transonic. Since monsters of that caliber should be at least comparable to greater dogs barks on top of fighting a significantly more determined frisk.

Monsters like undyne, mettaton ex and above would be around supersonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back