• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Comic:Chaos Downgrade

BlastX

He/Him
Sup, this should be rather quick.

Currently Base Chaos is rated "At Least 6-C" on the basis of being much stronger than base Sonic and one shot kill Johnny Lightfoot in one blow.

The problem comes that Base Chaos never has an actual fight with Base Sonic, everytime Sonic tries to attack him he's stopped in place by Chaos Fear Aura and the types he manages to bypass it he ends up submerged in Chaos were he either gets out or somebody's gets him out, Chaos doesn't actually fight Sonic a single time, neither does he fight Knuckles.

And one shotting Johnny is not impressive, the dude is portrayed as far weaker than Sonic and even admits he's far weaker than Sonic, he even has troubles with badniks that Sonic one shots in picoseconds.

So I propose that Base Chaos is rated as Unknown for the time being, Perfect Chaos will still be rather the same due to God Robotnik scaling.

He was still stated and portrayed to be weaker than Sonic, even struggled with basic badniks when Sonic wasn't around.

And Chaos body is pure Chaos Energy, it's not solid and he also regen anyways.

But weaker wouldn't mean "not 6-C" without reason. What tier would Johnny be if not in the 6-C range?

I agree with elixir, I don't really see a reason to downgrade Chaos, the most you could get is him being a glass cannon but that's about it, you aren't about to get any High 7-A+s or anything from what's essentially a slight downscale

Also having a non-physical body is not at all proof of lower durability

But weaker wouldn't mean "not 6-C" without reason. What tier would Johnny be if not in the 6-C range?
9-B, for fighting badniks, maybe scale to Amy and Tails.

And ok, maybe Chaos can get an "At most 6-C" and 6-C dura, he just doesn't have very impressive feats at this level aside from one shotting a low tier who's explicitly weaker than Sonic.

So Sonic can body 9-B characters, and Johnny struggles to beat said 9-B characters, but Johnny also has feats of scaling to people who can harm Sonic, but also at the same time is portrayed as weaker than Sonic.

Johnny seems really inconsistent ngl

Generally he is portrayed as being weaker than Sonic and while Metamorphia did fought Sonic, he was likely holding back cause she wasn't a robot (granted I don't think this would make her not 6-C, but she downscales from him).

Also, if Johnny's scaling to Metamorphia is just that one hit, then maybe we should discard it as not being consistent enough.

Tho, scaling wise, Badniks seem to only be 9-B for being made out of metal, despite Dr. Robotnik continuously sending them out as a viable option from his perspective to fight Sonic. Dr. Robotnik is consistently portrayed as cunning, so I don’t see how Dr. Robotnik consistently sending Badniks out to get Sonic is somehow him being an idiot only when it comes to fighting Sonic with robots.

Last edited:
It takes a while to make robots that can match Sonic and more resources, plus it's not easy to make them and the badniks isn't just for Sonic, he used them as soldiers to keep his control over Mobius.

Like, Robotnik can't just shit out Sonic-level robots, his Troopers sre stronger than Badniks and Sonic absolutely disembowels them all the same (worse casue they don't have Mobians inside).

So no, we're not scaling Badniks to Sonic (just like the badniks from the game don't scale to Sonic).

So no, we're not scaling Badniks to Sonic (just like the badniks from the game don't scale to Sonic).
Hm, if thats the case, why not upscale Johnny from regular mobians? They have the feat of surrounding Knuckles in a group and making him get trap in a cage to be burned.

STC_85_11.jpg

STC_85_12.jpg

Issue 85

Last edited:
That's like, one feat.

Knuckles is generally portrayed as far above regular mobians (And i'm pretty sure I can find something that disproves that feat), regular mobians also can't stand up to Troopers and while they can beat badniks they can't absolute stomp them like Sonic, Knuckles and Shortfuse can, else they have freed themselves from Robotnik ages ago if it was that easy.

Knuckles is generally portrayed as far above regular mobians (And i'm pretty sure I can find something that disproves that feat), regular mobians also can't stand up to Troopers and while they can beat badniks they can't absolute stomp them like Sonic, Knuckles and Shortfuse can, else they have freed themselves from Robotnik ages ago if it was that easy.
I believe that Knuckles is stronger than an individual Mobian, but reading through the comic, a lot of characters give up when they are surrounded by multiple Mobians. A good way to disprove that would be finding a time Knuckles wasn't intimitaded by a crowd like issue 85.

I'd be ok with having Chaos at unknown at the moment, since it appears his scaling is based on Johnny and Johnny's profile hasn't been made yet.

And even if it was legit, why would Johnny upscale from them? He would be just as bad against Mobian crowds than Knuckles would, probably even worse. He's basically a normal mobian who just knows how to fight and has a staff, kinda like Amy in thid regard.

And even if it was legit, why would Johnny upscale from them? He would be just as bad against Mobian crowds than Knuckles would, probably even worse. He's basically a normal mobian who just knows how to fight and has a staff, kinda like Amy in thid regard.
Fair.

Alright, Base Chaos' rating can be turn into, "Unknown (Killed Johnny Lightfoot with a single blow)"

Back