• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Hedgehog Revision (Summarized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that only Sonic and Shadow are locked, but I cannot tell

However, I prefer is someone with better knowledge could do it (I dont want to mess up the stats discussed here)

I'm uncertain of what to do with Super Mecha Sonic. He's powered the the Master Emerald which gives the Super Emeralds (which trigger Hyper Sonic) their power.

@Crop

Wasn't Mecha Sonic completely invincible to everything thrown at him while in Super Form? IIRC, he was only hurt when he powered down and before he recharged, since the boost only laster a little while.

Also, if we're on the subject of revisions, this is a minor one; why is Perfect Chaos "Possibly 5-A"? Base Sonic is scaled to Perfect Chaos. This would mean Base Sonic is scaled to Perfect Chaos, who is scaled to Super Sonic.

@Azzy

I was wondering that too. Especially given how Perfect Chaos comes from the Dreamcast Era (Which is more or less vastly weaker than the Modern Era, as evident by Dreamcast Sonic needing Super Sonic to beat PC, but Modern Sonic beating him in base).

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Crop
Wasn't Mecha Sonic completely invincible to everything thrown at him while in Super Form? IIRC, he was only hurt when he powered down and before he recharged, since the boost only laster a little while.
Yes, Knuckles couldn't hurt him until he briefly powered down.

@Ever

Indeed. However, there is the fact that in Sonic Battle (which has become a pivotal part of our scaling) has good/sane Chaos 0 fight equally with Emerl (after absorbing all seven Emeralds) just to see if he was ready to board the Death Egg on his own.

I mean, isn't Emerl a glass cannon with the Emeralds? Like, his body can't handle the power they give?

Plus, Chaos 0 was barely a challenge to Sonic in Sonic Adventure.

Emerl was only a glass cannon after being forced to immediately draw on the complete power of the Emeralds. He was actually most stable while having all seven, originally.

Dreamcast era Chaos 0 was no challenge, yes. However, Battle seems to imply Chaos was far from at full power throughout the entire game, and even Chaos 0 is at the very least comparable to the rest of Battle's cast, and likely superior to most of them.

Something odd I noticed upon rewatching the scene, Sonic appears to initially be unaware of what Chaos is, and Knuckles explains it to him. This would imply Sonic Battle taking place in some kind of timeline in which Sonic Adventure didn't happen. It's...odd. It may just be an oversight on the part of the writers, but it does soooort of explain Sonic Battle Chaos 0 being stronger than everyone at that point sans Emerl, while base Sonic could easily defeat Adventure Perfect Chaos in Generations.

The Everlasting said:
(Which is more or less vastly weaker than the Modern Era, as evident by Dreamcast Sonic needing Super Sonic to beat PC, but Modern Sonic beating him in base).
The games never outright state or even really imply that Sonic ever got stronger over time. It's not like he's training like Goku; he probably spends his off days either strolling around the world like a drifter or relaxing.

Also, I'm not fond of the implications this theory raises.

Should I open a new discussion thread for this, since this one seems to have been wrapped up with its changes implemented?

Wait a minute. I just looked at Sonic's page, and it says that Merlina created the Camelot Storybook reality. I don't think this is ever stated; she just summoned Sonic into it so he could help her defeat King Arthur and acquire the Scabbard of Excalibur. Besides, if she created the reality, she would have by extension created the Scabbard and King Arthur, so it'd make little sense for her to need Sonic to retrieve it for her.

I would like to ask a question. Why was Darkspine sonic Downgraded in the first place?

He used to be Universal+ then he became multi-star level and he's now universal again? Why is his tier going back and forth?

@MicDaniel

He used to be Universe level (3-A), but since we didn't know how big the Arabian Nights reality was, he was put at Unknown. Now that we know that the Arabian Nights as a space-time, we can safely put him at Low 2-C

IIRC Some promotional material stated that Erazer Djinn (hope I spelt that correctly) stated that he was destroying the space-time of the Arabian Nights reality.

But I have one last question, why was Erazor and Sonic given infinite speed? During the boss fight, Sonic still needed to use time and speed break and erazor was shown to be affected by it, not to mesonic states that he should use it. I thought, infinite speed was given to thoughs who could ignore the affect of time.

well it's a void and no time really exists infinite is still 3D iirc so i those who ignore are like 4D or something unless they are countered by a stronger time manipulation

But sonic was notable weaker, he had only three of the world rings, and how does speed break, boost a character that already has infinite speed?

If the profiles have already been modified, are there still important unresolved issues in this thread, or should it be closed?

Only thing I see left is a concern about Darkspine Sonics speed being Infinite. I'm not knowledgeable on the series past Sonic Adventure 2 so I'm hoping someone else to clarify on that.

I can try never played secret rings but i think the fight went after Alf-layla-wa-layla (idk the name hope its correct) destroyed everything even the words of the book a void was made and shows that DS Sonic and Alf survived I can't even tell how long it stretches maybe infinitely i think the justification would be more that when the book was destroyed a void was in place of the universe that seems to stretch infintely and they are capable of movement still

Darkanine said:
IIRC Some promotional material stated that Erazer Djinn (hope I spelt that correctly) stated that he was destroying the space-time of the Arabian Nights reality.
Can you find that promotional material, if it exists? It would help solidify his and Darkspine Sonic's tier. Right now all we have is that he reduced the reality to a void, which I'm not sure counts as space-time destruction.

Excalibur Sonic being planet level is quesitonable as Camelot is never shown to be a full planet, only a large portion of land.

Oh and whatever happened to that Super Sonic feat with Sonic travelling across multiple stars/galaxies or whatever it was? Was it excluded for being an outlier or miscalculated or something?

@Loud: Well, about the Super Sonic travelling through the star/galaxies feat, there were some concerns that those stars shown in the feat weren't actually considered to be stars/hardly look like stars.

Also, the final battle took place in a tear in space-time (via worlds merging). Apparently those glowing balls/stars were considered aesthetics, as all of the boss fights in that game had that exact cutscene as the calc that this calc used.

All in all, it was just an extremely unreliable feat to do a calc on.

Makes sense. Has the idea that Super forms in the Sonic universe increase a character's stats by 1000% also been debunked?

I'm not sure where the 1000% thing originated from. Probably just crap some fan made up (like the Saitama 1/2 Big Bang thing that's still going round).

My only problem is the infinite speed. Sonic Brings a contradiction to the boss fight stating that he needs to use Time and speed break to other wise defeat erazor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back