• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Andy I completely respect that, but the point of conflict was that others made it seem like it was deleted due to some sort of rash behavior.

So just miscommunication, I think.

Hmmm.. So the only one technically in disagreement are Schroeder and Medeus (he isn't against the upgrade so much as questionable about the feats) ... This is one of the most landslides I've seen in a consensus for an upgrade... and considering the subject matter... That's saying a lot.

For my thoughts on the calc issues; there is no visual evidence to claim Dark Gaia's disembodied tentacles being in the way in the space between the crusts and the core and it supposedly resisting them being moved back into place.

Sure his tentacles are in the way in the intro here . But afterwards here they clearly aren't in the way. So we can rule out the crust pieces being slowed in their descent if they were to freefall.

We can rule out them not free falling via gravity due to knowing the gravitational influence of their planet requiring a way longer timeframe than what happened on-screen.

Even factoring in the final velocity caused by gravitational acceleration would not matter since gravity calculably wasn't going to bring them up to that ending velocity to begin with.

Andytrenom said:
"The site just wants to go against anything I say"
The hell? I deleted a comment that was pointless to the discussion and did nothing more than take shots at a user. I could care less if it came from you specifically. This "site" doesn't have any kind of keen interest in you.
I just said that the comment was to say that Matt isn't being credible and using lies and headcanon to downplay Sonic. Not to mention prove his hypocrisy as a mod. Also my comment wasn't so different compared to other meme comments going against other people on this thread.

>Takes a nice nap

>Comes back and to this thread and sees what happened.

Yep, seems about right. Anyways DDM's and Matt's arguments make sense to me (minus Riders not being canon), i'm leaning more toward disagree now.

We're just waiting for Matt's thoughts on the Unleashed calc.

While I don't mean to be rude, the feat in itself is very clear-cut and doesn't require any of the speculation offered to it. It's as plain as you can get, and there's nothing on it to really review except for if somebody thinks it's legit or not. But the math's almost assuredly fine, the calc's been evaluated, and the rebuttals seem to require guessing. Of course it'd be a good idea to have others look over it, but it's not as if there seems to be anything to speculate here.

Well I mean the simplest answer is, I don't agree with Maverick and the other's refutes. Other then that DDM and Matt just made more sense to me (minus Rider's canoncity).

There's also the fact that the Wii Unleashed upgrade system allows you to "utilize all of Dark Gaia's power" as Sonic the Werehog, shown by the Werehog growing physically more powerful as you upgrade.

Which is kinda interesting, potentially further cementing Semi-Perfect Dark Gaia and normal Sonic as comparable.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Could you actually explain why you don't agree?
You want me to explain why I think DDM and Matthew make more sense? I really don't know how to explain it moreso then "Maverick and co.'s arguments didn't convince me, DDM and Matt make more sense to me". Like seriously what else do you want me to say?

Maybe actually try to point out flaws in the arguments? If someone doesn't explain their side of the argument then they can't really be taken seriously.

Please let us not derail this thread with hate!, it's this kind of stuff that gets threads deleted, spreads division and segregates fandoms on this Wiki.

Let us debate with facts and logic rather than argue over the "intentions" of certain Vs Wiki users.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Maybe actually try to point out flaws in the arguments? If someone doesn't explain their side of the argument then they can't really be taken seriously.
Because I don't have an argument and I'm agreeing with one side of the argument? I think you're mistakening my position here, I didn't make an argument. I agreed to an argument. I'm sorry if it offended you or whatever that I'd agree with the side you're not on without explaining beyond "X makes more sense to me".

@Giver I only asked because I thought there was an easily explainable reason. If you just find the other side more logical, then that's your right and I apologize if I made it seem like I thought otherwise.

ShakeResounding said:
@Giver I only asked because I thought there was an easily explainable reason. If you just find the other side more logical, then that's your right and I apologize if I made it seem like I thought otherwise.
I was moreso replying to shadow. You're fine.

@Shadow To be fair, a lot of people in this thread in favor of the upgrade could be considered lazy as well under that criteria.

Other verses dont need a 400 replies long thread to become 5-B, though, the ones who'd likely have it, from the top of my head, are the HST, Pokémon and FT.

@Wish There's no flame war here though. People aren't even arguing over feats right now and half of this thread is memes, so that doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back