• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
You did act hostile, MYHERO.
What? It was a common joke we all share here. It wasn't directed towards anyone, it was just a bit for giggles, not something to incite fire with. Anyways we really need to let this go.

That shot is even worse, Maverick. You can directly compare those "planets" to the size of individual buildings in Eggman's Amusement Park, which we see from the in-game levels aren't that big. Plus look at the chain beam binding the amusement park to Earth, it ain't that thicc at all, and yet it is visible in a shot where the planets are seem.

They aren't planet sized anywhere you slice it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That shot is even worse, Maverick. You can directly compare those "planets" to the size of individual buildings in Eggman's Amusement Park, which we see from the in-game levels aren't that big. Plus look at the chain beam binding the amusement park to Earth, it ain't that thicc at all, and yet it is visible in a shot where the planets are seem.
They aren't planet sized anywhere you slice it.
Barring Asteroid Coaster, the planets dwarf the buildings of Eggman's amusement park.

Okay, I don't know whether or not Sonic Riders is canon, and yes, Sonic's canon is quite loose; but that doesn't quite mean spin-offs can't be canon. However, I do agree with Matt on the rest that the black hole feats are far too iffy.

This all sounds reasonable to me.

Maverick, the size of the amusement park is not the hill you want to die on. You can outright scale the size of the things with pixel scaling and they never are planet sized. You are objectively incorrect in claiming each one is Earth-sized.

The scan only says the full Space Station is planet sized, not any of the individual planets. But the Individual planets are definitely small; a lot smaller than Earth. Then again, pixel scaling isn't always 100% accurate given the graphics designer isn't always 100% focused. Or first priority is making the game playable rather than every scaling being scientifically accurate.

The blue and green planets in the left/right hand corners are evidently much larger than the Amusement park's buildings, even if the bottom ones are quite small (Asteroid Coaster is just an asteroid field and Sweet Mountain seems artificial).

98170363-AC6F-4CBE-A8C7-0689CCED19D7
It's nearly 2 am where I'm at so I'll get back to this in a bit.

The Black Hole feat from ABIS was also rejected, but at least the other three feats are a bit more concrete. Not saying they're grounded, but they at least make sense. I already gave my input against them, but I want to here Matt's thoughts about the Continent lifting Calc.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Maverick, the size of the amusement park is not the hill you want to die on. You can outright scale the size of the things with pixel scaling and they never are planet sized. You are objectively incorrect in claiming each one is Earth-sized.
Notice how much farther away the planets are in the background? It only would make sense for them to appear smaller than they actually are due to perspective.

I legitimately don't see what would argue this upgrade. I haven't read this (multi-hundred post) thread to see the arguments against it yet, but for now I'll express my agreement.

Hey everyone, I was linked this thread on my wall last night. I'm just here to say I don't care if Sonic is 5-B or not I'm fine with either or.

I mean unless it's contradicted by future games or it's own games then we should probably consider it canon

this isn't a Sonic 4 situation where it retcons all the Classic Sonic games after CD with Metal Sonic into being non canon

When was it EVER stated that Sonic Riders is "non-canon" does anyone have any proof, statement, or whatnot to even substinate it's claim. Also, Sonic Riders is "non-canon" because of "futristic cities"? What? The Sonic Series has ALWAYS had futristic cities with advanced technology. What kind of argument IS that? Lmao.

Matthew. Perhaps you need to try harder? This is just bad, lol. You're kinda grasping for straws at this point. Also, no the planets in Sonic Colors are not "visibily tiny" either lol.

BTW:

According to Takashi Iizuka, the reason why "[Sonic Team] wanted Dr. Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park in space because it's so huge. The scale of it is so ridiculously huge that no planet could really accommodate it. [They] wanted to really show that his amusement park is so big that it has to be in space."[1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back