• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora vs Son Goku (Redux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Basically a redone version of the match i made a while back between these two (my pride T-T).

Anyways because of Sora's recent upgrade to 4-B, the old match would have been deemed a stomp due to the Goku i used there to be of the Cell Saga one (where he's High 4-C). Now this match will be the same as the old one i did except it's now speed equalized (dammit -_-) and Goku is as he was from the Buu Saga, meaning he has access to all of his SSJ forms he had at the time. To counter, Sora has his Drive Forms to counter those and he's pretty the same as he was from the old match.

Combatants and Tally:

-KH2 Sora: 4

-Son Goku: 1

-Inconclusive: 0

I'm assuming KH2 Sora, otherwise this would be a Hax Stomp.

Nevertheless, I still think that Sora will be able to win out in the end due to his collection of defensive abilities, healing, and general ability to outlast Goku (Second Chance and Once More are rather powerful forms of survival hax). Final Form's telekinetic keyblades ought to keep Goku no his toes, and Sora is just a good a fighter as he is.

So, TL:DR version, I'm voting for Sora.

Reppuzan said:
I'm assuming KH2 Sora, otherwise this would be a Hax Stomp.
Nevertheless, I still think that Sora will be able to win out in the end due to his collection of defensive abilities, healing, and general ability to outlast Goku (Second Chance and Once More are rather powerful forms of survival hax). Final Form's telekinetic keyblades ought to keep Goku no his toes, and Sora is just a good a fighter as he is.

So, TL:DR version, I'm voting for Sora.
This, plus Reflega to protect Sora from Goku's blows and damage him in return and Magnega to keep him from fleeing and let him be hit by Sora a fair amount of times.

I did note that it's the same as the old match but with Goku from the Buu Saga and speed is equalized. Meaning it's Kh2 Sora being used.

So yes another is that Sora, as with the old match, is not allowed to use his summons. Just all by himself here on this one.

Anyways that's already 2 for Sora, and still 0 for Goku. Anyone else?

I must go with goku for this one. He has instant transmission, and can utilize his ki in a variety of different ways and has far more experience in combat than Sora since this is KH2 Sora. And he can sense sora's energy signal while Sora can't. So he can exploit that to aid him in battle like he did with frieza. Remember, Goku has at many points in the series exploited his enemy's weakness or cluelessness to his advantage, like when he used instant transmission on cell when cell thought he was going to blow up earth, or when he made frieza drain his energy in his golden form, or when kid goku tricked krillin into thinking that goku still has the tail weakness. And when he ran piccolo's own attack against him, or when he went inside giant piccolo and attacked him from the inside. Or when he grabbed Raditz's tail when he lowered his guard.

Hence why since this is Buu Saga Goku this time, i allowed him access to all of his SSJ's he had in this Saga for the match: SSJ, 2, and 3. But to counter that, Sora is given his drive forms here.

That's pretty much it for this as well as speed being equalized. Everything else is it was in my original match of these two.

^That's the problem, he's strongest form puts a huge strain on him rendering him exhasuted and unable to use his other ssj froms after awhile, and in doing so leaving him open for a keyblade strike to the head in limit form

I remember sora's drive forms lasting for about 20 seconds or so. Not as long gone as Goku. Also Goku doesn't need to go SSJ3 to be on Sora's tier. Ssj2 is more than enough for him to be a solar system buster. Goku can even dodge Sora's attacks with relative ease thanks to instant transmission. And he does spam that attack, like when he sparred with vegeta and he kept spamming it, or when he fought beerus.

@Pete

This is KH2 Sora, he doesn't have Time Stop.

@KillItWithC4

That's likely for gameplay purposes. They would likely last a lot longer in a realistic fight.

Guys, try not to argue heavily on this here...thank you...

Also C4, the drive forms of Sora's actually last longer than that so long as Sora has a certain level of "drive" via a drive gauge (albeit idk how that translates in a real fight given that it's gameplay mechanic-ish and all)...

And yes as Reppu said, Peter, Sora in KH2 does not have time stop or a gravity spell either/.

Reppuzan said:
@Pete
This is KH2 Sora, he doesn't have Time Stop.

@KillItWithC4

That's likely for gameplay purposes. They would likely last a lot longer in a realistic fight.

Where in the OP does it say KH2 Sora? I must of missed it casue i don't see it at all...

@Pete

The rules are the same as the last Sora vs Goku fight, but I'll add them to avoid further confusion.

Read the link of the same match i had, Peter. As with the old one, THIS IS KH2 SORA. Again, go read the link of the old match.

They're mostly on equal grounds. Their manipulations mostly cancel out, and IT is countered by the well...counter technique implemented in KH2. However, the things that aren't canceled out are Magnega, Blizzaga, and Curaga. Sora wins for these reasons.

I'd suggest reading stuff more often next time so people don't have to keep you telling stuff like this, Peter.

Apparently, Sora can't fly normally. He can only fly in his Final Form, also, can Sora shoot projectiles normally, or is it only with Drive forms. If it's only Drive forms, then Goku has a good chance of winning,

KillitwithC4 said:
Apparently, Sora can't fly normally. He can only fly in his Final Form, also, can Sora shoot projectiles normally, or is it only with Drive forms. If it's only Drive forms, then Goku has a good chance of winning,
Sora can shoot projectiles normally, seeing how he has his Raid attacks, and his basic magic.

Uh... nope.

From Sora's profile:

"Several thousand kilometers with magic."

I'm going to go revise that range on Goku's profile since he is not universal in his lower forms.

Sensing =/= effective combat range. He doesn't nuke his foes from across the universe.

I'll add it as a note though.

Doesn't range only matter if you're a sniper (figuratively speaking) or if you have ranged attacks and your opponent only gets up close?

It's still significant. If both characters have ranged attacks and one can nuke something from space while another can nuke something from another planet, it's pretty significant.

Couldn't goku blast sora into space like Gohan did with cell, or what goku did with cooler. He can do that and let sora suffocate or make him get blown away into the sun.

Okay then....

Now as far as everything goes, it's Sora with 4 and Goku with one. On things like even the transmutation part, i'm pretty sure that's something Sora doesn't do in KH2 as well. Could be a later game move he did...

@KillitwithC4

Implying that Sora doesn't just reflect it with Reflega or dodge it.

Again, implying that Reflega doesn't reflect it.

It works at point blank too. Heck, it works better at close range since Goku will be unable to dodge the eruption of light from Reflega's natural counter ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back