• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Revisions: New Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I am supposed to be on break and as such I will simply be posting this thread and not really commenting on it. So this will be part 2 in our Soul Calibur Revisions. Here we will deal strictly in New Timeline scaling (Tiering for Original Timeline Low Tiers will be discussed at a later date).

New Timeline Scaling​

So currently, New TImeline scales to a Tier 7 Weather feat and a Tier 6 destruction based feat. However, it doesn't really make much sense to scale the cast up from Cervantes' Weather feat when many characters throughout Soul Chronicle and Libra of Soul scale down from the likes of Nightmare, Siegfried, The Conduit, etc. There is also the fact that weather feats as a whole are going through a lot of scrutiny. Basically, here is how tiering will go.

Top Tiers: At least Low 6-B, possibly 6-B or higher (Azwel noted that the current Ultimate Seed could destroy a country or two, so at the very least Germany was used as a low ball, but he still does mention two countries, so it isn't limited to just Germany)

Those who scale as a Top Tier: Soul Charge Azwel, End Game Conduit, Sophitia, Cervantes, Nightmare/Inferno, Siegfried, Groh (Libra of Souls) and Zasalamel.

Mid Tiers: At least High 6-C+, likely higher (Took Kilik and Xianghua combined to defeat Nightmare and Inferno)

Those who scale as a Mid Tier: Kilik, Xianghua, Ivy, Taki, Mitsurugi, Geralt, Hwang, Maxi, Astaroth, Hilde, The Conduit, Tira, Azwel, Yoshimitsu and Voldo.

Low Tiers: High 6-C (While weaker than Mid Tiers overall, they are capable of at least competing with them in combat. This is shown when even though he wasn't going all out, Amy was still able to fight and decently harm Azwel)

Those who scale as a Low Tier: Talim, Seong Mi-na, Raphael, Amy, 2B, Haohmaru, Cassandra.

Setsuka: Setsuka is a tricky case as by all means, she lacks the feats of fighting Mid Tiers or higher. However, she managed to defeat Malfested Gyobu who would be far stronger than he was normally. Gyobu in base is in fact weaker than Mitsurugi and Shugen, but the gap between them is obviously shortened due to the sheer power a Soul Edge shard grants. There is also Gyobu's quote of her skill being "unmatched" which would somewhat compare her to Shugen, especially seeing as how Gyobu knew how strong and skilled Shugen was. Due to the weird nature of Setsuka, she will be ranked as "At least High 6-C, possibly higher". Of course, this will be without the "+".

Now while Low Tiers are pretty self explanatory, I will go into the justifications for Top and Mid Tier scaling.

Top Tier Justifications​

The Conduit (Endgame): Fought and defeated both base Azwel and Azwel with the power of the Ultimate Seed. Gains the power of either Soul Edge or Soul Calibur.

Sophitia: Consistently shown to be capable of matching and keeping up with the end game Conduit who is able to fight and gravely injure Azwel even without Soul Calibur or Soul Edge.

Siegfried: Fought with Sophitia. Constantly fights against Inferno in order to prevent Soul Calibur from completely being consumed by it.

Nightmare: Should be superior to the likes of Acht and Gabok by a great deal. Wields Soul Edge which has enough power to critically damage Soul Charge Azwel.

Zasalamel: Matched end game Conduit evenly. Can consistently fight on par with Tira and mid tier characters without even trying.

Cervantes: Can fight on par with the end game Conduit. Easily defeated Ivy.

Groh (End of Libra of Souls): Forced The Conduit to retreat in their first encounter due to his power. Later fought as more powerful Conduit.

Mid Tier Justifications​

The Conduit: Can fight the likes of Kilik, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Ivy, etc on even grounds.

Groh: Consistently portrayed as on par with The Conduit. Can match Kilik.

Base Azwel: Comparable to The Conduit.

Kilik: With the help of Xianghua, he managed to defeat Nightmare and Inferno.

Xianghua: With the help of Kilik, she managed to defeat Nightmare and Inferno.

Maxi: Comparable to Kilik. Fought and defeated Astaroth.

Astaroth: Fought with Ivy evenly.

Ivy: Fought and matched Xianghua. Fought and matched Taki and The Conduit as well.

Voldo: Fought and matched Ivy.

Taki: Killed a weakened Cervantes. Fought against The Conduit and matched Malfested Kilik and Xianghua.

Mitsurugi: Fought and defeated Taki. Can match The Conduit.

Geralt: Fought and matched The Conduit. Fought Mitsurugi and defeated him.

Yoshimitsu: Fought the likes of Maxi, Taki and The Conduit.

Tira: Fought and matched The Conduit.

Hwang: Could fight Gabok fused with Acht for an extended period of time. Superior to Seong Mi-na and should be on par with base Gabok.

Mitsurugi Update​

So in the recent Side Story released alongside Hwang's DLC, we see that Mitsurugi in this timeline has some new powers. He is directly resistant to the powers of Astral Chaos. As such he should gain a resistance to the following;

-Mind Manipulation

-Madness Manipulation (Type 2)

-Corruption

-Chaos Manipulation

-Statistics Reduction (Astral Chaos is stated to usually weaken those who enter)

And it is also directly stated that the Power of Chaos instead strengthens him and as such, he should gain Chaos Manipulation, Statistics Amplification and Accelerated Development when exposed to the Power of Chaos.

This should be everything for this revision.

I trust Dragonmasterxyz's sense of judgement.

Wait why is 2b in the low tier list? If Ivy is in the mid tier list and 2b scales to them currently.

Why is Haohmaru a low tier and not comparable to Mitsurugi? His whole advertising campaign branded him as a rival swordsman to him.

The reason we didn't scale 2B and Haohmaru to their advertised rivals is because in the game itself, nothing is really done with it. Unlike say Geralt who was also portrayed as Mitsurugi rival and had a role in the story in which he fought Mitsurugi.

The reason we didn't scale 2B and Haohmaru to their advertised rivals is because in the game itself, nothing is really done with it. Unlike say Geralt who was also portrayed as Mitsurugi rival and had a role in the story in which he fought Mitsurugi.
Fair, I'd at least like a possibly but you know more than me.

Yeah, 2B and Haohmaru could be Mid Tiers, but they aren't presented as one by the game and are mostly due promotion.

It was decided that scaling the two timelines on this site would cause scaling problems considering how the OT and Soul Blade scale and whatnot. It was basically decided to keep them scaling separately for now.

Might not be the place to ask, but isnt there any feats that could count for speed in the whole series or such? Supersonic is honestly sad for them

There are no regular feats. Only things shown in gameplay. There are lightning attacks from gameplay, but our standards on gameplay feats are something I am not familiar with.

unknown.png

Like there is this attack characters can react to.

Which is the issue with how we handle these types of feats. Otherwise, we don't really have much to go off of for SC as it isn't really cutscene heavy.

Yeah, I have to find that stuff and see if it is accepted here. If so, we could get MHS stuff for OT. But we'll handle that at a later date.

Can't you literally Parry Sophitia's Lightning Bolt?
Parrying lightning wouldn’t get good results. Lightning has to travel 15 to 25 miles (that’s the distance lightning naturally forms from the ground), while the characters would only need to move a few feet at best. I’m pretty sure the results would be subsonic, because I tried to calc the minimum speed required to dodge lightning before and I got barely superhuman results (though that was only moving 6 inches and used the 25 mile distance).

I thought most Lightning dodging and reaction feats were MHS though. Why would parrying be any different? Calcs are weird.

I thought most Lightning dodging and reaction feats were MHS though. Why would parrying be any different? Calcs are weird.
The most generic lightning dodging shouldn’t be MHS (like a statement of being able to dodge lightning or the lightning dodge being off screen or in a book). Lightning coming from the sky needs to travel miles to reach you while you would only need to move a few inches to get out of the way. Same with parrying, if the lightning is truly cloud to ground it would need to travel nearly 25 miles to reach you while to parry you only need to raise your arms up from your hips at worst.

I just asked some people who are calcers, you cant be subsonic from lightning feats at all, not even that you mentioned
When I calculated it I got less than subsonic results but that was a while ago so I’ll go recheck the calc I made. I’ll post my calc here when I redo it.

Just calculated again (generic lightning dodging), I got below average human (which makes me think I did something wrong, but I can’t see any mathematical reason as to why it would be wrong):
25 miles to inches
1584000 inches (since that is the highest lightning naturally forms).

Lighting is 3 cm wide on average, so you would only need to move 1.5 inches to get out of the way of the lightning.
1584000 divided by 1.5 = 1056000

The lightning would be traveling a distance 1056000 times greater than you are in the same timeframe.

Lightning moves at Mach 1294 or 992846 miles per hour.
992846 divided by 1056000 is 0.94.

Meaning you would only need to move 0.94 miles per hour to move the minimum distance required to dodge lightning.

When it comes to the parrying you would definitely get somewhat better results, but you would still only need to move a few feet while the lightning travels over 20 miles.

That sounds off considering every Lightning Dodging feat I've seen has been at minimum MHS.

That sounds off considering every Lightning Dodging feat I've seen has been at minimum MHS.
I’ve seen lightning get hypersonic results multiple times. Also that assumes they move a similar distance to the lightning, the soul caliber characters don’t need to move a comparable speed to parry the lightning because they have miles until it reaches them (also I think some characters of other verses should be downgraded; I downgraded Dark Souls due to the distance lightning travelled in comparison to the main characters, and I’ve been wanting to downgrade Legend of Zelda BotW for a similar reason, but AoC really screwed up BotW’s timeline badly, so I really don’t want to touch that verse).

i know this is a necro, but didn't setsuka state that shugen was a bullet timer? if that's the case, mitsurugi and those who scale to/above him would be subsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back