• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Revisions: New Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just checked. it says not to do so without a legitimate argument. so i guess that's up to the others here, since i'm not sure how i would evaluate whether or not my own argument is legitimate

Maybe "At least Subsonic+" would be a reasonable approximation? A calculation estimation would be better though.

i know this is a necro, but didn't setsuka state that shugen was a bullet timer? if that's the case, mitsurugi and those who scale to/above him would be subsonic
how do you calculate a statement? "he can deflect bullets" doesn't sound like something that could easily be calced
@KLOL506

Do you think that it is possible to approximate this with a calculation?

@KLOL506

Do you think that it is possible to approximate this with a calculation?
I'd need to know how far she moved compared to the bullet (Though judging she did it with an umbrella it should be safe to assume she at least rotated her arm in a 90-degree arc at the bare minimum) and how far she was from the firearm (Though IIRC, point-blank according to a google search refers to a minimum of 1 meter distance from the firearm but I'll have to look again, and even then, she could be farther away).

Speed of the firearm should be easy enough since it's 15th-16th-17th century Japan, good-old-fashioned flintlocks, for which we have values on our Projectile Dodging Feats page. But she says Tanegashima, which is a dead giveaway that we're dealing with wheel-lock rifles here, which we also have values for.

Okay. Thank you. Would you be willing to write a calculation for it?

Last edited:
OKay. No guesstimation from the point blank statement then?

Okay. If a low end is not acceptable, should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back