• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

soul crush work automatically?

I assume it doesn’t as in verses I know that use soul crush i.e HxH and Bleach, it has to be activated intentionally by the user, (Aizens was activated so it was automatic not passive).

It's passive for bleach characthers in the context of SBA rules,where both opponent start in fighting mode from the start. So bleach characthers already have their battle mode reiatsu pourring out and Nen users have Ten activated at the bare minimum,unless you use version of the charachers that have master Ren and pretty much always use in battle from the start.

Even in verse, it's always active as shinigami and arrancar always release reiatsu, they just reduce the ammount when casual. Most quincies don't have reiatsu so they don't crush souls passivelly.

It's passive for bleach characthers in the context of SBA rules,where both opponent start in fighting mode from the start. So bleach characthers already have their battle mode reiatsu pourring out and Nen users have Ten activated at the bare minimum,unless you use version of the charachers that have master Ren and pretty much always use in battle from the start.

Even in verse, it's always active as shinigami and arrancar always release reiatsu, they just reduce the ammount when casual. Most quincies don't have reiatsu so they don't crush souls passivelly.
I understand that the soul crush is passive, but I assume it is only passive by users who either are terrible at controlling their reiastu or actively trying to showcase power.
And the former actually are incapable of soul crushing people(for example: Ichigo before training under Urahara.)

I understand that the soul crush is passive, but I assume it is only passive by users who either are terrible at controlling their reiastu or actively trying to showcase power.
And the former actually are incapable of soul crushing people(for example: Ichigo before training under Urahara.)
They control Reiatsu outside of battle, but in fights Reiatsu runs rampant and consequently SC runs rampant. Ichigo doesn't control his Reatsu very well, the Substitute Shinigami emblem controls it so that it doesn't harm ordinary people. Quincys don't have SC because they don't release Reiatsu, the only exceptions are Yhwach and Jugram.

Which is what makes it passive, characters have to actively suppress their Reiatsu around people it may harm, but in combat this isn't the case and they have no reason to suppress it when they're trying to kill their opponent.

We know for a fact it's passive and there are numerous examples of this, with Starrk being one of the most evident.

Back