• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Manipulation for all Naruto Characters:

Status
Not open for further replies.
6639252-5852477-5997575044-narut
Chakra is created through a combination of two different types of energies where you combined both spiritual and physical energy. This was not only brought up once, but many times throughout the entire course of Naruto manga.
So why doesn't all Naruto characters who can use chakra have soul manipulation listed in their profiles since that is essentially half of what chakra is?

UOEqjT5

4691557-9845947351-726.j

Manipulating energy isn't necessarily the same thing as manipulating the soul itself.

We have specific examples of characters who can manipulate souls in Naruto; it's a stretch to say everyone can do it.

I will say though everyone in Naruto who's strong enough/comparable to an enemy should be able to connect with others spiritually.

Don't know if we would call that soul manipulation though.

Idk about this. Even then I don't think any verse on this site gives soul manipulation for getting energy from your spirit anyway

Wouldn't this just be a possible resistance to soul manipulation???? Maybe a type of limited self energy manipulation?????

i was thinking the verse should get resistance to SM since naruto and orochimaru resisted RPS amd i doubt they are the only charatcers capable of doing so

yeah thats the trickey thing because i think nen and ki have someting to do with mental energy yet they dont have mind manip

This seems very clear here, we can't base soul manip off the naming/description of a power source. They haven't shown the ability to manipulate souls outside some very specific abilities (iirc) a power simply drawing power from ones own soul isn't enough to grant soul manip nor resistance...

YungManzi said:
I will say though everyone in Naruto who's strong enough/comparable to an enemy should be able to connect with others spiritually.
Don't know if we would call that soul manipulation though.
What do people think about this?^

Maybe? Do we really have examples of that though? Statements or feats of people interacting with one another spiritually when they are strong enough? It makes sense but I think we'd need feats of them actually doing it. Im also pretty sure it would fall outside combat applicability unless they've used it in a fight.

Heck Im not entirely sure connecting with another person spiritually would fall under soul manip...

Shouldnt this be more of a resistance to soul manipulation rather than having the ability? Im pretty sure being attacked with spiritual energy and no-selling it would mean some kind of resistance.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Shouldnt this be more of a resistance to soul manipulation rather than having the ability? Im pretty sure being attacked with spiritual energy and no-selling it would mean some kind of resistance.
Where did you get this from?

Also it's specifically Seishin Energy(Which translates to dealing with the Mind etc.) And the connecting with others is what Sasuke was talking about when he told Naruto what happens when two ninjas of equal strength clash, they can read each others hearts, which is what they do almost every time they clashed their Chidori and Rasengan respectively.

As the OP showed, jutsu's are made of combining physical and spiritual energy. So when a jutsu hits an opponent, you'd be hitting them with spiritual energy.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
As the OP showed, jutsu's are made of combining physical and spiritual energy. So when a jutsu hits an opponent, you'd be hitting them with spiritual energy.
And again It's not Spiritual like your soul. It's spiritual like your mind. And that's not how SM works. We don't give a verse resistance to Mind Manip soley because they're energy source is Mental Energy.

Like someone said above it'd be like giving all DB characters resistance to Mind Manip because Shoki is a component of Ki.

I just want to point out that in eastern media Mind, Soul, Heart, etc are all just different ways to refer to the same thing

Paul Frank said:
I just want to point out that in eastern media Mind, Soul, Heart, etc are all just different ways to refer to the same thing
Actually that's not true. They all translate to the same meaning roughly in English. They're actually different terms for different meanings in Japanese. It's all about context.

The Prince of Counters said:
Or like saying mages from FT get soul manipulation or that OP characters get soul manipulation.
if they draw their power from the soul or some type of spiritual energy i dont see why not

Omimi, that's even more damning because

A. It's an earlier translation and going by Sigurds scans they went solidly went with Mental later on. (And there's zero mention of "Spiritual Energy" unless a fan translation is pulled up)

B. The word for it Seishin means both Mind and Spirit in a different context from Spirits like Ghosts.

It's the Kage Summit Sasuke is = CMS2 Sasuke because Karin said his Chakra felt "denser" all over again, ignoring context.

Hst master said:

A. It's an earlier translation and going by Sigurds scans they went solidly went with Mental later on. (And there's zero mention of "Spiritual Energy" unless a fan translation is pulled up)

B. The word for it Seishin means both Mind and Spirit in a different context from Spirits like Ghosts.

It's the Kage Summit Sasuke is = CMS2 Sasuke because Karin said his Chakra felt "denser" all over again, ignoring context.

It obviously should be case by case

Hst master said:

u do understand that Mental & Spiritual Energy= one energy

as i said it dose not matter what u want to call it cuz it still came from sprite/soul

Naeblis495 said:
the viz translation is kinda garbage , especially early on .
k if it goes by your word then viz translation wrong

but u forgot that sometime fan translation also call it Spiritual Energy so are u going to say they are also wrong ? and how do u know this part are wrong ?

u know how to read japaness ?

If they manipulated their soul in anyway to achieve this, yeah... but that isn't the case at all.

And forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't Sakura at some point give some sort of exposition about strenghtening the body for more physical energy and meditating or studying for more mental energy, the basic stuff everyone does to augment their chakra?

But they aren't manipulating their souls, they aren't attacking the opponent's soul, quite literally norhing. This is worth nothing.

u do understand that Mental & Spiritual Energy= one energy

as i said it dose not matter what u want to call it cuz it still came from sprite/soul

No, it doesn't you're trying to force one meaning on a word with an entirely different one.

k if it goes by your word then viz translation wrong

but u forgot that sometime fan translation also call it Spiritual Energy so are u going to say they are also wrong ? and how do u know this part are wrong ?

u know how to read japaness ?

>Sometimes fans call it spiritual energy

So? Seishin means both Spirit and Mind, but neither in the sense of the soul.

Cool, that's what raws are for.

And no, I simply looked up the context of the Words Seishin and Rei. They have 2 completey different meanings in their context.

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/t...70ea6ee22925c97c9ca3f72a0391e632867b721a.html

It's even in words regarding Mental States and Dissorders. But jack about spiritual entities and the like.

Mind even translates back into Seishin

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/t...d42c0112962be8a77d278ebe747514e509c4a5fa.html

No, it doesn't you're trying to force one meaning on a word with an entirely different one.

nope i am not forcing anything u are just denying mangafact so not my problem and your the one who forcing your opinion over manga evidence

or we could someone to verify viz translation to see if it was wrong or right
0017-016.png

So? Seishin means both Spirit and Mind, but neither in the sense of the soul.

what is sense of the soul ?

are trying to say that it did not came from soul ? if so than u are wrong

if Seishin means both Spirit and Mind then why are u fixated at mind energy

and saying mind energy is correct translation and Spirit energy is wrong translation

Even if it came from the soul/spirit/whatever, it still isn't Soul Manip due to it not directly attacking the Opponent's soul. Neither are they manipulating their own souls as LSirLancelot said.

nope i am not forcing anything u are just denying mangafact so not my problem and your the one who forcing your opinion over manga evidence

or we could someone to verify viz translation to see if it was wrong or right

Dude you're soley arguing cuz your see the word spirit, regardless of context.

what is sense of the soul ?

are trying to say that it did not came from soul ? if so than u are wrong

if Seishin means both Spirit and Mind then why are u fixated at mind energy

and saying mind energy is correct translation and Spirit energy is wrong Translation

As in it's not talking about literal human soul in the least. It's talking about people's minds.

It didn't you have zero proof other than seeing the word spirit and running with it.

Because of context.

And like several had pointed out this isn't even anything.

I'm pretty sure we see beings that act almost identical to a spirit/soul and it's made entirely of spiritual/mental energy, I think it was the case with Dan Kato and those Tayuya invocations.
Also, we have the souls of the Kages and Obito, which manifested as pure chakra.

I think being mental or spiritual energy makes no difference.

Anyway. I don't think this is Soul Manip or something derived from it, it's just control of your internal energy.

Disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back