• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

If we go by the creature the Dreepy line is based on, they've been extinct for 270 million years. The last Dragapult died, long before the first Archen hatched.

What creature is that? Also, yeah, disappointingly, the prehistoric Pokemon that were alive 300 million years ago are Pokemon such as Genesect, Anorith, Kabuto & Kabutops.

Sadly, species such as Aerodactyl, Lileep, Cranidos, Shieldon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrantrum & Amaura were from around 100 million years ago.

Of course, we haven't been given a canonical window of time for when the prehistoric Dreepy species existed, so it's possible they were alive in a closer range of time than 170 to 200 million years apart, presuming the species died off between the periods.

I'm still wondering what species Zeifyl meant that was alive that long ago & that Dreepy is based on. Also, I might advocate for using 300 million years, as that's the timeframe the Pokedex regularly uses for some sea-dwelling fossil Pokemon like Anorith & Kabuto, & Dreepy was apparently in the prehistoric seas.

I understand why to go by a real world basis, but nothing uses a timeframe of 270 million years in the Pokedex, unlike 300 million years, IIRC.

Imaginym said:
I'm still wondering what species Zeifyl meant that was alive that long ago & that Dreepy is based on. Also, I might advocate for using 300 million years, as that's the timeframe the Pokedex regularly uses for some sea-dwelling fossil Pokemon like Anorith & Kabuto, & Dreepy was apparently in the prehistoric seas.
Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult. Based on Diplocaulus, which went extinct 270 million years ago.

Ahhh, neat. Also, I found episode 1 of the Sw/Sh anime on Youtube. Yes, it's already out, apparently.

So that's nice. Is it okay to link the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRx1wksSTU <--- Sword Shield episode 1.

Shoutouts to the Nidoking that used Earth Power, Sludge Wave & Fire Blast against Mew, failed to hit with all 3, & after each, was hit by Mew using the same move against it, only fainting after Fire Blast hit.

So, a Nidoking survived Earth Power & Sludge Wave from Mew.

Only if Pikachu gets upgraded to Low 6-B for tagging and hurting a Lugia when several other powerful pokemon (Corviknight, Garchomp, etc) got one shot by it with Lugia dodging all their moves effortlessly :^)

Imaginym said:
Shoutouts to the Nidoking that used Earth Power, Sludge Wave & Fire Blast against Mew, failed to hit with all 3, & after each, was hit by Mew using the same move against it, only fainting after Fire Blast hit.

On a more serious note, this does work as evidence for Mew learning all Pokemon moves, though

Why do people call the new anime series called "Sword and Shield Series" when the logo clearly shows no subtitle? lol

Zeifyl said:
I don't speak Japanese. Shame, too, as I'd have liked to watch it.
I don't see how the first sentance relates to the second one. How does not knowing Japanese make you unable to watch anime? Like 98% of western otaku wouldn't be able to watch anime if that was the case.

Ionliosite said:
Zeifyl said:
I don't speak Japanese. Shame, too, as I'd have liked to watch it.
I don't see how the first sentance relates to the second one. How does not knowing Japanese make you unable to watch anime? Like 98% of western otaku wouldn't be able to watch anime if that was the case.
That it's in Japanese, and unsubbed.

Robot972 said:
Imaginym said:

On a more serious note, this does work as evidence for Mew learning all Pokemon moves, though
I'm inclined to agree, but I wouldn't readily discredit this as Mew using Mimic, Copycat or Mirror Move. It doesn't learn any of those by level up, though, & it used all of them AFTER Nidoking used the same move, so if it was Me First, it was a weird version of it.

I mean, its Level Up movepool doesn't include Earth Power, Sludge Wave & Fire Blast, yet it apparently used them. But that same movepool also doesn't include Mimic, Copycat or Mirror Move, & yet it seems like it could have used at least one of those.

LinkSlayerLvX said:
Or his anime version should get 4-B that he defeated tapu koko with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt too???
No way, that's an outlier man. I mean, yeah. Pikachu has fought several 4-Bs in the SM anime and only like two or three Low 6-Bs in the entire anime but...wait. Why is Pikachu scaling to 4-B more consistent than it scaling to Low 6-B?

You fool! Pikachu will face and defeat Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus one by one so that Go can capture the GODS! Gigantamax Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volts will make him the only 2-A in all of Pokemon history.

Which tier does the Galar legendaries seem to, honestly, be right now? 6-something, I presume?

Yeah for now. Still could have someone calc a basic storm spanning across the Galar region and see what results that would yield.

All I know is that Eternatus warps space-time with its mere presence and its entire goal is to destroy or conquer the Galar Region, and the Legendary wolves together are the only ones capable of beating it in all of Galar.

We know Eternatus absorbs energy and it is the source of ALL Dynamax due to its dex entries, and in another thread I scaled Gigantamax pokemon to Low 6-B due to Gigantamax Corviknight having stronger wing flaps than Lugia (and Lugia's wing flaps are what scales it to Low 6-B) so Eternatus and the Wolves are definitely at least Low 6-B if that scaling is accepted.

Eternamax Eternatus has dex entries claiming it has 'infinite' energy and that it absorbed 'all of the energy in Galar' however and we know Eternatus itself should be much stronger than any of the Gigantamax pokemon already.

Overall, the Galar legends are at least 6-B, likely far higher based on what I know.

Back