• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH Thread 3: Ruby and Sapphire... oh wait! [SPOILER]

Not gonna lie, Tauros is one of the most underrated pokemon IMO. I wish we could have battled Professor Oak for real. It would have added to the reputation of a pokemon that, I feel, had the potential to be pretty popular.

At least Tauros remained in NU alongside Rhydon

Kantonian Exeggutor and Jynx didn't get as lucky, however, and then there's Clefable raising to OU out of nowhere since Gen VI.

On the topic of Ash and Aura's, just want to add on that Ash was explicity stated to have the same kind of Aura as Sir Aaron in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. And he used that Aura to activate time flowers and help Lucario give Aura to Mew to save the Tree of Beginning.

So, yeah. Ash most absolutely should have Aura on his page.

Bobsican said:
Kantonian Exeggutor and Jynx didn't get as lucky, however, and then there's Clefable raising to OU out of nowhere since Gen VI.
Actually I think Clefable started getting a lot more usage in gen 4 and a couple of other old gens.

Clefable started well, but like Snorlax, it started to go down each generation in usage, even in Gen V with the Unaware buff, and then just a simple change of typing and it enters OU, and even stayed in it even until Gen VIII

While also introducing Dracovish, which I've heard things about.

Now for my real response, I personally hate the idea of nerfing.

It's also nowhere near most legendaries, and Regigigas still needs a buff.

With any luck, Ash will get a Lucario in PM and revisit his Aura abilities. He could clearly link very easily to other Aura users like Riolu, so it would be a pretty effective combination.

Tacking onto the discussion about Ash's abilities, in PM12 Ash and Pikachu detect a legendary before anyone else could, Ash even outright says he can 'feel' the legendary when it was only just approaching.

Regigigas just got an horrible ability as a signature one, so at most we are just getting some sort of new form in the Gen IV remakes.

Anyways, you should see how broken Aegislash was back in Gen VII, thanks to Stance Change, while somewhat predictable, it could hold freaking 150 bulk in both defenses, which is about as high as Toxapex, while also holding 150 Attack AND Special Attack to be unpredictable when it comes to walling, and that's leaving at a side how good of a typing is Steel/Ghost and the great movepool.

And let's not talk about Mega Kangaskhan back in Gen VI, back then Parental Bond was practically Gorilla Tactics but no choice-locking, alongside free setup via Power-Up Punch (The latter is still the case, however)

I mean like giving it protect and recover. Maybe shortening slow start, so that it isn't weaker than it's trio.

Just use Hyperspace Fury.

One hit KO moves. Stamina (I'm aware that it was introduced one generation later). High jump kick before it can do anything.

Back