• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spoiler Thread: My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

Which we didn't use then, those things stood unused for months until the change happened.

a misconception i've seen people bring up is that deku and bakugou dodged lightning

they did not, they had kaminari work as a lightning rod so he could manipulate and redirect the lightning away from them

with that said, the fact that kaminari was capable of manipulating natural lightning could potentially lead to the possibility that his lightning is as fast as real lightning. only speculation though

also, nine's feats shouldn't be environmental destruction imo. the moment he makes the second storm, he condenses it to the island and makes a tornado out of it to attack the students

I don't think anyone said they dodged lightning, the opposite in fact. Can't people just wait till the blu-ray comes out? There's no point in discussing this till everyone can easily access the movie in a non cam quality.

The movie isn't going to disappear.

Phantom Falcon said:
also, nine's feats shouldn't be environmental destruction imo. the moment he makes the second storm, he condenses it to the island and makes a tornado out of it to attack the students
This is true, however, the storm was shown to have so much power that it was affecting not just the island they were fighting on, but the main land as well.

Edit: Also, right before Deku and Bakugo used a Double Detroit Smash to dispel the storm, he summoned a lightning bolt to attack them, further showing that this isn't simply Environmental Destruction.

Nine uses lightning from the clouds that he creates, so it is likely real. However nobody has any feats of dodging the lightning so I doubt it can be used for anything.

Also would like to add that one of the blue ice Dragons broke one of Bakugo's ribs in his solo fight against Nine just wanted to add this though he was also completely in the open and couldn't guard himself.

Chimera solo'd Shoto, Tsuyu, Rikido, Tenya, and Eijiro casually; He dispersed Shoto's flames and even reacted to a Recipro Turbo. Then, when he transformed, he completely dominated them; He wore down Red Riot Unbreakable Eijiro and forced Shoto to freeze him from the inside out. He'd be Multi-City Block level and Hypersonic casually in his base form, and assuming the giant ice wall Shoto put up that he broke while transformed was the Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall, he'd be Small Town level at maximum. He also scorched a forest.

Ion know, Building level to Building level+ with Supersonic+ speed for Mummy, since he caught Katsuki off-guard and overpowered him for a period of time, though this may be hax. He can also lift up cars with his little toilet paper.

Slice just scales to Fumikage. She dodged a few attacks from a hulked out Dark Shadow, so Supersonic+. She also destroyed a few boats, but that probably wouldn't leave Tier 9.

Also, Nine reacted to Yuga's lasers, twice, which are lightspeed. They weren't aimdodging because the first time, he put his barrier up after the laser was fired, and the second time, his back was turned to Yuga. It was from a great distance, so don't expect any Relativistic results from it. Maybe somewhere from Massively Hypersonic+ to Sub-Relativistic. May be outliers, though.

Denki was used as a lightning rod and absorbed a lightning bolt meant to take out Izuku and Katsuki; He wasn't incapacitated by it, but he was dummy after it. Potential upgrade or a mere outlier.

I would also like to point out how Izuku and Katsuki interacted with a t o r n a d o (Izuku actually punched it, and Katsuki hit it with an Explosion).

It's always been described as sparking (which I guess is a characteristic of light), has alaways move in a straight line, and comes from a technological source (Yuga's belt). Tooru always said she can "yank light and warp it", referring to the Navel Laser which she redirected in the light panel.

Damage3245 said:
Nine uses lightning from the clouds that he creates, so it is likely real. However nobody has any feats of dodging the lightning so I doubt it can be used for anything.
Didnt 100% Deku and Bakugou reacted to lightning by using Detroit Smash?

They have like two statements of them being related to light being which was stated by 13 that it can steal light (talking about Nave Laser) and that other statement about it and that invincible girl can warp light. While I don't know if that's enough evidence I do know it would be an outlier if the characters ever blocked or dodged it.

Actually they did

Before the lightning could hit them they blasted it away with the double hit

Spinoirr said:
Actually they did
Exactly. I could had sworn thay Nine shot lightning down on them

@Sora

Yes it would indeed be an IMMENSE outlier

Spinoirr said:
Actually they did

Just watched the last 45 minutes of the movie, I don't know which scene are you referring to, the one I remember is Deku and Bakugou getting blitzed by lightning.

This thread already has more than 450 replies, we need a new thread.

Back