• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Squarepants Discussion Thread

Well yeah, he already resists his own laugh DAILY xD.

But then we get to the fact that Sandy is able to trade blows with SB, so she resists too and those whom are close to him. SB then also bypasses said characters resistances and there are examples like this if one looks well again.
SB basically has Chapulín Colorado Hierarchy again XD.
I think it would be the least, both Sandy and Patrick are used to SpongeBob's laugh for example.
Though they find him annoying but they still remain his friend.

By the way I had found something for retrognition involving the fourth wall, Basically Plankton said in the original version "the whole city has already approved the construction, you can see in this flashback of the convenient moment" Then there is a flashback showing the whole city approving the construction of a road, Plankton, Mr Krabs and Spongebob were able to see (One note is that none of them other than Mr Krabs were there at the time)
1:00

Something to mention is that a Plankton machine seemed to have some kind of reality warping, As he made the road, the surrounding environment was immediately dying and being distorted.
(As long as the road existed, the environment would remain like this, since in the end the jellyfish field immediately returned to normal after it was removed)
But none of the normal Bikini Bottom characters were affected by this Plankton machine.

By the way I had found something for retrognition involving the fourth wall, Basically Plankton said in the original version "the whole city has already approved the construction, you can see in this flashback of the convenient moment" Then there is a flashback showing the whole city approving the construction of a road, Plankton, Mr Krabs and Spongebob were able to see (One note is that none of them other than Mr Krabs were there at the time)

Something to mention is that a Plankton machine seemed to have some kind of reality warping, As he made the road, the surrounding environment was immediately dying and being distorted.
(As long as the road existed, the environment would remain like this, since in the end the jellyfish field immediately returned to normal after it was removed)
But none of the normal Bikini Bottom characters were affected by this Plankton machine.

The machine has reality warp But idk it feels like it just reset Sorry for asking twice btw can u find Some scaling that is 100 percent sure ap=durablity

By the way, for anyone editing Man Ray's profile, apparently in the episode where the characters go back in time they mention that they need to "save the universe from Man Ray" in a future where he has dominated everything and Mermaid Man agrees.
It should significantly affect his intelligence.

Honestly, if Plankton has a device that can warp reality, wouldn’t that warrant Supergenuis intelligence as he’s capable of warping reality to his will? Also let’s not forget the fact that Plankton has a Sonic cannon that can destroy any known material in the universe xD Which would include any special type of material in SB, which is interesting. Honestly, Plankton (and Sandy for that matter) should have a lot more equipment that’s not listed on their profile.

So spongebob can survive Madam with full cosmic jelly that cracked 7 realities
Neptune is physically the strongest main character in SB but comes no where near SB’s durability, hax, etc. The reef blower also came in handy with soaking up jelly and firing too. Guys… the ******* reef blower is 2-C equipment XD

Honestly, if Plankton has a device that can warp reality, wouldn’t that warrant Supergenuis intelligence as he’s capable of warping reality to his will? Also let’s not forget the fact that Plankton has a Sonic cannon that can destroy any known material in the universe xD Which would include any special type of material in SB, which is interesting. Honestly, Plankton (and Sandy for that matter) should have a lot more equipment that’s not listed on their profile.

Neptune is physically the strongest main character in SB but comes no where near SB’s durability, hax, etc. The reef blower also came in handy with soaking up jelly and firing too. Guys… the ******* reef blower is 2-C equipment XD
He can tank the reef blower maybe Physically strongest but SPongebob kinda speed blitz madam blitz Neptune sb has immeasurable speed ironic lmao higher with dreamy dreamer

I think they're still editing his profile, About intelligence I have no idea, it looks like it has to distort a 3-A structure, but! It is worth remembering that he manages to create machines that manipulate Quantum, which according to the wiki would be at this level.
And Plankton's intelligence is surprisingly high, the first time he saw snow, for example, he already managed to know its molecular constitution, stating that he would dominate this energy, Apparently he did this in Battle for Bikini Bottom when he made robots that manipulate this energy, The machine he made in the episode where the jellyfish field is destroyed distorted reality just creating a road that he cited as "indestructible" needed everyone's collaboration for something, Just by looking at someone he gets information about the person and this is amplified by Karen so much so that he even discovered one of the magic book's powers which involved manipulation of matter, Information about SpongeBob to create a gas capable of affecting him (even affected Karen) and as you mentioned he created a ray capable of destroying any material in the universe (For that he would have to know these materials)
(By the way, Karen herself serves to cover up her husband's weaknesses, Besides that she seems to have retrognição or clairvoyance in the film of the series she showed SpongeBob and Patrick miles from the trash can going after the crown and considered them a threat, Somehow she knew they would make it if nothing was done and in another she showed the story of Plankton and Mr Krabs in color despite not even being there)
And Plankton was quoted as Bikini Bottom's #1 prisoner so dangerous that he couldn't be placed with the others (due to his intelligence)

I find it interesting that despite all this in a future where mermaid man lost a single fight Man Ray dominated the universe, with that not even Plankton (Or other villains), who was fighting for world domination, was able to face him and apparently Mr Krabs also lost since the secret formula was in the hands of Man Ray.

Last edited:
I think they're still editing his profile, About intelligence I have no idea, it looks like it has to distort a 3-A structure, but! It is worth remembering that he manages to create machines that manipulate Quantum, which according to the wiki would be at this level.
And Plankton's intelligence is surprisingly high, the first time he saw snow, for example, he already managed to know its molecular constitution, stating that he would dominate this energy, Apparently he did this in Battle for Bikini Bottom when he made robots that manipulate this energy, The machine he made in the episode where the jellyfish field is destroyed distorted reality just creating a road that he cited as "indestructible" needed everyone's collaboration for something, Just by looking at someone he gets information about the person and this is amplified by Karen so much so that he even discovered one of the magic book's powers which involved manipulation of matter, Information about SpongeBob to create a gas capable of affecting him (even affected Karen) and as you mentioned he created a ray capable of destroying any material in the universe (For that he would have to know these materials)

I find it interesting that despite all this in a future where mermaid man lost a single fight Man Ray dominated the universe, with that not even Plankton (Or other villains), who was fighting for world domination, was able to face him and apparently Mr Krabs also lost since the secret formula was in the hands of Man Ray.
So Spongebob might be supergenuis

25:00 But I found something, basically the speed of a standard car in the verse.
With speed alone, SpongeBob's family car was so fast that it left Earth and went to a place in space where Saturn was visible and then passed the moon.

And apparently a cow withstood the impact (for some reason there was a cow crossing the space)

25:00 But I found something, basically the speed of a standard car in the verse.
With speed alone, SpongeBob's family car was so fast that it left Earth and went to a place in space where Saturn was visible and then passed the moon.

And apparently a cow withstood the impact (for some reason there was a cow crossing the space)

Btw a taxi crossed time in tpss Christmas special it took many hours

The comic thing is very vague so idk if it counts
Even then, they acknowledged being outside of their own panels in one of their Plot Manipulation/4th Wall Breaking lists. Despite being in the panels, they are in the outside and control the plot as they live it.

But I need Pug to approve first of course.

Interestingly, the opening shot of Mermaid Man showing what happens to paper in water reminds me of one scene in particular.
0:20 Basically SpongeBob gets an invitation from Patty the pirate, but the note is blurred, then he says "It seems he doesn't understand the physical limitations of marine life" so he next breaks those physical limitations by creating fire to play the invitation which was unreadable.
Not to mention that in other episodes he is writing with paper and pencil very well, despite being quoted and shown before what happened.
At other times Patrick wonders how fire was possible under water and the fire simply goes out, so after a moment of anger Patrick makes the fire work again with a blow
On the cover of a comic, Patrick wonders about water under water and a fish has already done the same thing.

Perhaps it can serve as examples of SpongeBob and others being unaffected by the laws of physics and constantly breaking them.
And like Patrick when they recognize that they can apply it back.

On the other hand, I believe they can add this to make resistance to manipulation of the law more consistent, Since he is unaffected by the physical limitations of marine life and even breaks them as a result (should fall into the physical manipulation of the profile as well alongside toonforce)

And I also think there are things from the previous revision that are still missing, Like the power of friendship being shown distorting reality, some resistances and things from "Everyone" that scale to sponge.

For example, resistance to changing shape, since if the person copies SpongeBob, he will begin to see the world as he sees it
Plankton for example when trying to copy one of SpongeBob's eyes just immediately started to see the world in a better way and starting to stop being evil.
And when he copied only one of its eyes it became impossible for him to return to normal through his own shapeshifting.
(Remembering that this all happened with just one eye, if he had copied both the effects would be worse)

Maybe putting it together with power mimicry resistance works, something like "power mimicry resistance and shapeshifting"
And let's not forget that he resists your physical-based abilities as he resists his own hits.

Btw i watched the episode it says SpongeBob regenerate off screen like he got his organs but later he is healed and says that he grew it back

Found something to resist the manipulation of ice, it has survived hours of exposure to the cold of your fridge which is so cold that the cold froze fire and affected a man on TV.
And in this case he just broke the ice
0:39

I find it funny that in this classic episode SpongeBob just singing made him and several rejected people applaud with a stadium appearing where they started singing, whereas before everyone on the beach hated and went against SpongeBob due to him having deceived them, but in the end he became famous along with others on the beach to the point where even lobster Larry wanted an autographede
and it hasn't been long since they went against him due to having deceived them
(incredibly this is not the first time that his influence affects great distances, at another time he was mean and made everyone leave the beach hurt, then being nice again attracted everyone back to the beach while causing damage to Plankton due to his kindness)
SpongeBob's luck is so potent that at one point it served to prove to Squidward that a sea bear exists, despite it being implied to be something fictional.
Then the same fake news magazine helped them against bear attacks in the sea

And I found another scene of him using his teleport to save himself, basically he threw himself into a well to check the depth, then we see him back saying that "that well has no bottom"

Last edited:
I find it funny that in this classic episode SpongeBob just singing made him and several rejected people applaud with a stadium appearing where they started singing, whereas before everyone on the beach hated and went against SpongeBob due to him having deceived them, but in the end he became famous along with others on the beach to the point where even lobster Larry wanted an autographede
and it hasn't been long since they went against him due to having deceived them
(incredibly this is not the first time that his influence affects great distances, at another time he was mean and made everyone leave the beach hurt, then being nice again attracted everyone back to the beach while causing damage to Plankton due to his kindness)
SpongeBob's luck is so potent that at one point it served to prove to Squidward that a sea bear exists, despite it being implied to be something fictional.
Then the same fake news magazine helped them against bear attacks in the sea

And I found another scene of him using his teleport to save himself, basically he threw himself into a well to check the depth, then we see him back saying that "that well has no bottom"
Could all of this count at supernatural luck

Could all of this count at supernatural luck
Well, some are SpongeBob's own supernatural charm operating and the last one is teleportation, but others certainly count as supernatural luck like this.
They casually find gold and diamonds without difficulty in a mine that is constantly visited (the fact that it is visited makes it incredible that they have found a high amount of these materials)
He even smelled it and found a working phone in the mine that ran straight to his job.

Also something to SpongeBob's intelligence is that he can apply his general skills to combat, such as his dancing skills.
this while in a high pressure situation
Even the skills as a master chef he showed to apply in combat when he decided to take things seriously because he thought he would be forced to fight.
And also in the matter of accelerated development he not only beat Squidward in an untrained dance competition, he also beat another group that even the sharks considered impossible to beat at the same moment to the point of saving a recreation center (although the latter in case it could be his luck since not even squidward was aware of it)
And I also noticed that all of Bikini Bottom resisted the goo bubbles, which were cited as being toxic.
So much so that it seems to have some acidic property as it was turning the surrounding water into steam.

Last edited:
Well, some are SpongeBob's own supernatural charm operating and the last one is teleportation, but others certainly count as supernatural luck like this.
They casually find gold and diamonds without difficulty in a mine that is constantly visited (the fact that it is visited makes it incredible that they have found a high amount of these materials)
He even smelled it and found a working phone in the mine that ran straight to his job.

Also something to SpongeBob's intelligence is that he can apply his general skills to combat, such as his dancing skills.
this while in a high pressure situation
Even the skills as a master chef he showed to apply in combat when he decided to take things seriously because he thought he would be forced to fight.
And also in the matter of accelerated development he not only beat Squidward in an untrained dance competition, he also beat another group that even the sharks considered impossible to beat at the same moment to the point of saving a recreation center (although the latter in case it could be his luck since not even squidward was aware of it)
Dont forget that SpongeBob without knowing he was in a fight bested a karate master

Back