• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SpongeBob verse upgrades

Ok, first thing's first. Gag feats don't make every single good SpongeBob feat unusable. It's a cartoon. Almost all cartoons are made up of gags and that's where the feats of characters like Popeye, Bugs, Mickey, and Uncle Grandpa come from. Despite whether you find these feats super consistent or not, almost every cartoon character is heavily inconsistent, including the cartoon characters I mentioned just now. I'm not sure why SpongeBob is always treated so differently, but I find it silly.

With that being said, I have a list of feats for the SpongeBob verse that I think should upgrade them nicely.

Scaling: Characters like SpongeBob and Squidward have regularly tanked explosions that go as high as town level. This is mentioned as such in each of their profiles. These two characters are HUGE punching bags regularly throughout the series, with some characers even managing to tear SpongeBob to pieces.

. Patrick hits SpongeBob hard enough to give him visible damage (a black eye)

. Sandy casually beats the crap out of Patrick (she's done this more than once) Sandy herself should easily be considered the strongest of the main cast for having multiple instances of annihlating SpongeBob and Patrick in combat

.Patrick and SpongeBob are both able to harm each other and Sandy destroys both of them

.Patrick and Squidward fight with Patrick overpowering in the end

.Patrick impales Squidward

.Another instance of SpongeBob being as physically capable as Patrick

.SpongeBob can slam a door in Squidward's face hard enough to cause serious pain.(Reminder that Squidward gave a simple "ow" after being hit with a legit nuke.)

. SpongeBob pushes Squidward into a pole hard enough to smash his face into paste

. Sandy beats the everloving crap out of Patrick and manages to chop SpongeBob in half

So needless to say, I think this alone shows that there's a good enough scaling chain for SpongeBob and Patrick to be put at town level while Sandy is likely at town level+ for being able to casually get past SpongeBob and Patrick's durability.

If you doubt the scaling for whatever reason, I have actual feats to back it up:

.Patrick survives the Alaskan Bull Worm, which far exceeds the size of Bikini Bottom, falling on top of him.(This should likely already put Patrick's durability at a similar level to SpongeBob's and again, he's been hurt by both SpongeBob and Sandy)

.SpongeBob absorbs a patty so huge it consumed most of Bikini Bottom

So that about covers the cast's DC, but I have stuff regarding speed as well.

.Patrick runs to the sun and back in about 16 seconds(The feat starts at about 10:30 in the video) (I know that the feat is not accepted due to it being a "gag feat" and I already explained why I think that's ridiculous. Even if you complain consistency, Uncle Grandpa's MFTL+ feat was accepted, despite it being his only known FTL feat) Patrick is considered one of the slowest in the main cast, tho there are instances where Sandy and SpongeBob have both kept up with and outran him

This is a fodder enemy in SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom It attacks by summoning a small storm cloud just above its target and striking lighting at it. The attack is dodgeable to SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy in game. Considering the cloud is right next to the character, the lightning's speed when it reaches them should be MHS.

.The King of Atlantis explains with utter seriousness to SpongeBob and Patrick that the oldest living bubble is a million years old and that the Atlanteans carried it for billions of light years. (The scene in particular starts at 25:48) (Not only is this shown to be done on foot, but even assuming that they started carrying the bubble at the beginning of its inception, that still puts the Atlanteans at MFTL speeds. And not only does the main cast beat the hell out of the Atlanteans, but they outrun them too.)

So that's about all I wanted to cover. Any comments?

I actually agree with most of this, except for the last two feats. Typically I think accepting feats from video games is a bit weird, but if its canon then I see no issues. As for the Atlantis one, I would assume that they would use ships for the majority of the trip. Of course I haven't watched the movie in ages so I might be wrong.

Darkanine said:
I actually agree with most of this, except for the last two feats. Typically I think accepting feats from video games is a bit weird, but if its canon then I see no issues. As for the Atlantis one, I would assume that they would use ships for the majority of the trip. Of course I haven't watched the movie in ages so I might be wrong.
Battle For Bikini Bottom doesn't contradict any of the cartoon canon and is licensed by Nickelodeon, so I see no reason why not to use it.

Also, in that exact scene, it shows that the bubble was carried by the Atlanteans on foot, not by ship.

I also disagree with the usage of gaming feats. Something containing no contradictory information does not mean it's canon to the animated media especially considering it's simply an adaptational spin-off and Nickelodeon's licensing is irrelevant. It also licenses several unrelated media. You must provide evidence that the developers of the Spongebob Tv series have noted it to be canon to the franchise or that they were directly involved with the development of the game.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I also disagree with the usage of gaming feats. Something containing no contradictory information does not mean it's canon to the animated media especially considering it's simply an adaptational spin-off and Nickelodeon's licensing is irrelevant. It also licenses several unrelated media. You must provide evidence that the developers of the Spongebob Tv series have noted it to be canon to the franchise or that they were directly involved with the development of the game.
Ok, well, I definitely am not able to do that, but that was just an extra feat that doesn't even really matter much compared to the other two speed feats I mentioned.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Any reasoning as to why you aren't on board with it though?
The AP/Dura stuff, while still gag-like, has multiple instances of being supported.

The speed stuff has essentially none. I am sure there are consistent speed feats, but they are of a far lesser magnitude.

That makes no sense to me tho, since consistency has been ignored for almost every other cartoon character, putting Uncle Grandpa at multi galaxy and MFTL, despite that being heavily inconsistent itself.

If it is inconsistent, he should not be there, since two wrongs do not make a right. If he is repeatedly capable of far less, then this rating is not justified.

Spongebob and co. are almost always overcome by things much, much, muuuuuch slower than MFTL, which is why this is invalid.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
From what I see Spongebob is much more consistent than Uncle Grandpa. And more feats to take from.
Uncle Grandpa isn't the only example of this. There's also the The Amazing World of Gumball, with Gumball and Darwin's durability being placed at multi galaxy for tanking a big bang, when they constantly get hurt by weaker things

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
If it is inconsistent, he should not be there, since two wrongs do not make a right. If he is repeatedly capable of far less, then this rating is not justified.
Spongebob and co. are almost always overcome by things much, much, muuuuuch slower than MFTL, which is why this is invalid.
Just like most of the cast of Wander over Yonder has been overwhelmed by things less than planet level, yet Lord Hater and Dominator get scaling to a one time character who used TK to crush planet sized statues

HomestuckLover1 said:
Just like most of the cast of Wander over Yonder has been overwhelmed by things less than planet level, yet Lord Hater and Dominator get scaling to a one time character who used TK to crush planet sized statues
WoY is a verse that has multiple instances of planet level tech and characters. Patrick running to the sun once for the purpose of a joke is not comparable.

HomestuckLover1 said:
WoY is a verse that has multiple instances of planet level tech and characters. Patrick running to the sun once for the purpose of a joke is not comparable.
Tech that scales to like, no character, and one actual planet level character (who appeared once)

HomestuckLover1 said:
Tech that scales to like, no character, and one actual planet level character (who appeared once)
Except the characters who take hits from it, and WOG scaling people to said planet level character.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Except the characters who take hits from it, and WOG scaling people to said planet level character.
I don't recall ANY of the cast tanking hits from the planet busting tech of the series. The ONLY thing allowing for scaling is a statement from the creator where he doesn't even actually state that Dominator would win. He says "probably"

HomestuckLover1 said:
I don't recall ANY of the cast tanking hits from the planet busting tech of the series. The ONLY thing allowing for scaling is a statement from the creator where he doesn't even actually state that Dominator would win. He says "probably"
Hater took a hit from a device he built which could destroy planets, a missle that was going to destroy a small sun, etc.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Hater took a hit from a device he built which could destroy planets, a missle that was going to destroy a small sun, etc.
I would ask for evidence to back this up, but that would be off topic from this thread. And regardless of even WoY, there's still plenty of other examples where this goes unnoticed.

However, since I know me arguing this will get me nowhere, I'll just have to accept what I can get, and keep looking for speed feats

HomestuckLover1 said:
I would ask for evidence to back this up, but that would be off topic from this thread. And regardless of even WoY, there's still plenty of other examples where this goes unnoticed.
https://youtu.be/WRs5rg0UbcA?t=3m46s

I'd have to look for the other clip, but Hater's Disaster Blaster 5000 self destructs on him in what I believe is "The Big Day".

The point is primarily that of course there will be moments when this goes unnoticed, since it is a cartoon, but they are still things that consistently happen. That's the same reason I'm accepting of the AP/Dura feats, here. There are a vast number of showings in the Spongebob verse that ignore or contradict this, but that is to be expected of a cartoon, and these things still consistently happen.

If you find more consistent speed feats, they can definitely be used.

I mostly agree with Azathoth. Also, I would prefer to get a calculation of the nuclear explosion in question, so we have something to scale from. Take note that Bikini Bottom is much smaller than a regular city though, due to the characters being much smaller than humans.

Well, you will have to ask in the calculation request thread linked in the front page.

@HomestuckLover1

As much as I hate to say it you probably did better than me. But I still believe in 4-A spongebob.

Well, there is a nuclear explosion energy calculator usually used here, for which the results depend on the size of said explosion.

Well, as Homestucklover said, the explosion was very, very much based off the Operation Crossroads nuclear test, so much so that it be safe to use the yields it generated. Said yields were 23 Kilotons, which is well into town level.

Okay then. I just think that if the explosion was rescaled to the small size of Bikini Bottom, it would reach a lower yield than if scaled to a human city.

So can I change the profiles accordingly? I plan to do this:

.Change SpongeBob and Patrick's DC to town level

.Change Sandy's DC to town level+

The "+" is only used when a feat is calced at a relatively high end of a particular level of AP. Sandy's DC can't be town level+ looking at the evidence before me.

In that case, what about "at least Town Level"?

Whatever works to show that she's supposed to be far above SpongeBob and Patrick.

Back