• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SSJ2 Gohan should NOT be 2x stronger than Super Perfect Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems like the issue is with backscaling then.

If we just avoid scaling between SSJ Gohan in the Buu Saga and SSJ2 Gohan in the Cell Saga, then we should be good?
it is a multipliers thing, SSJ2 is 2x stronger than SSJ1, so the 4-B that we scale SSJ1 Gohan/Dabura/Perfect Cell from is half the value we scale Super Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan to

honestly we should just Downscale Cell Saga MSSJ Goku to Perfect Cell imo, but meh, don't want to derail this thread, so it should prob be left to another thread

I get Cell wasn’t fighting at full power, but Goku scales to 163 Quettatons while Perfect Cell scales to 526 Foe according to the new AP Ratings. A Foe is roughly 24,000 Quettatons. A Foe is 147x stronger than MSSJ Goku and Perfect Cell is over 500x a Foe. Doing the Math, this means that Perfect Cell is over 77,300x stronger than MSSJ Goku. I’m pretty sure Cell wasn’t THAT suppressed.
Power level differences don't always equate to AP 1:1, don't put too much stock on that. It's why downscaling causes issues at times

Cell was simply suppressed enough that Goku could hurt him, whatever that translates to in terms of energy values, is what it is, incredulity doesn't change that

Power level differences don't always equate to AP 1:1, don't put too much stock on that. It's why downscaling causes issues at times

Cell was simply suppressed enough that Goku could hurt him, whatever that translates to in terms of energy values, is what it is, incredulity doesn't change that
That's a terrible way to see this, Cell thought Goku was the ONLY ONE WORTHY OF FIGHTING HIM

If he was suppressing himself so much that someone billions and billions of times (or at least so weak they wouldn't scale to Cell) can hurt him, he could very well do the same to literally anyone and say they're a match for him, and "have fun". In this scenario, even Mr Satan could be a fun fight for him.

Stop. Goku should scale to Cell to some extent.

That's a terrible way to see this,
That the ONLY way to see it.
Cell thought Goku was the ONLY ONE WORTHY OF FIGHTING HIM
He was seen as the strongest of the Z fighters, so yes, he thought so, then basically got disappointed and even asked him to take a sensu bean mid fight
If he was suppressing himself so much that someone billions and billions of times (or at least so weak they wouldn't scale to Cell) can hurt him
Which is exactly what he did? You say billions as of it's his power level that will drop by billions, this is the same series that has a farmer with a PL of 5 and a moon buster with a pl of 400. Small changed in PL can translate to massive energy values changes, you can't just assume there is some parity between Goku and FP perfect Cell when all we have of Goku is matching an arbitrary suppressed cell
, he could very well do the same to literally anyone and say they're a match for him, and "have fun". In this scenario, even Mr Satan could be a fun fight for him.
This is just whataboutism, reducing his ki to Goku's level to enjoy a fight has nothing to do with if he'd find a fight as low as Satan enjoyable
Stop. Goku should scale to Cell to some extent.
Scales to suppressed cell yes, certainly doesn't scale to being a solar system buster

For the record, I am of the opinion that ssj Goku, ssj Gohan, and PC should be 4C and ssj2 Gohan, SPC should be 4b, I am not saying Goku fought a solar system buster

Not sure if that's what you're also arguing for or against

What exactly is the evidence for Goku to not scale to cell in any way shape or form for us to simply not downscale him from cell?

Simple solution:

Perfect Cell

Attack Potency: Star level (At full power, Cell is far stronger than any of the Z-Fighters, including SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan, and is capable of casually toying with both. He is outclassed only by SSJ2 Gohan. Equal to Dabura who is comparable to SSJ Buu Saga Gohan)

Super Perfect Cell

Attack Potency: At least Star level (After his Zenkai, he grew in power to reach SSJ2 Gohan's level and broke his arm with a single ki blast.), Solar System level with Kamehameha (He said that he was going to destroy the solar system from Earth, a statement that has been confirmed by many guidebooks)

Son Goku (Cell Saga)

Attack Potency: At least Dwarf Star level, Star level as a Super Saiyan (He was the second strongest fighter at the time[38] even at only 50% of his power[38], fought against Perfect Cell and nearly killed him with his Instant Kamehameha, though Cell wasn't fighting at full power)

Son Gohan (Cell Saga)

Attack Potency: Star level as a Super Saiyan (Superior to Goku as a Super Saiyan in his suppressed calm state), higher as a Super Saiyan 2 (He casually stomped Perfect Cell, easily overpowering his most powerful Kamehameha from a standing position and at the last second), Solar System level with Kamehameha (Overpowered Super Perfect Cell's Kamehameha and killed him)

Dabura

Attack Potency: Star level (Equal to Perfect Cell. Fought comparably against SSJ Gohan), Stone Spit ignores durability

Last edited:
Simple solution:

Perfect Cell

Attack Potency: Star level (At full power, Cell is far stronger than any of the Z-Fighters, including SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan, and is capable of casually toying with both. He is outclassed only by SSJ2 Gohan. Equal to Dabura who is comparable to SSJ Buu Saga Gohan)

Super Perfect Cell

Attack Potency: At least Star level (After his Zenkai, he grew in power to reach SSJ2 Gohan's level and broke his arm with a single ki blast.), Solar System level with Kamehameha (He said that he was going to destroy the solar system from Earth, a statement that has been confirmed by many guidebooks)

Son Goku (Cell Saga)

Attack Potency: At least Dwarf Star level, Star level as a Super Saiyan (He was the second strongest fighter at the time[38] even at only 50% of his power[38], fought against Perfect Cell and nearly killed him with his Instant Kamehameha, though Cell wasn't fighting at full power)

Son Gohan (Cell Saga)

Attack Potency: Star level as a Super Saiyan (Superior to Goku as a Super Saiyan in his suppressed calm state), higher as a Super Saiyan 2 (He casually stomped Perfect Cell, easily overpowering his most powerful Kamehameha from a standing position and at the last second), Solar System level with Kamehameha (Overpowered Super Perfect Cell's Kamehameha and killed him)

Dabura

Attack Potency: Star level (Equal to Perfect Cell. Fought comparably against SSJ Gohan), Stone Spit ignores durability
There is no reason for them to drop entire tiers from their Kamehameha tho, SPC and SSJ2 Gohan should be SS level, then higher with KHH

I think the issue is whether the perfect cell he faced is solar system or not
SSJ2 Gohan = 4-B for scaling to super perfect cell, ssj1 gohan = 2x less than thar due to accepted multipliers, so perfect cell who is comparable to ssj1 gohan would be 2x weaker than hia super perfect cell key's 4-B, which is still 4-B, just lower

SSJ2 Gohan = 4-B for scaling to super perfect cell, ssj1 gohan = 2x less than thar due to accepted multipliers, so perfect cell who is comparable to ssj1 gohan would be 2x weaker than hia super perfect cell key's 4-B, which is still 4-B, just lower
But that's a calm ssj gohan he's superior to, not a hypothetical ssj gohan with rage boost which we currently have

Great. So, uhh, does this have to do anything with the actual thing I want to remove, because...?
Just posting a solution to help with any scaling issues. The previous CRT for Cell's Kamehameha was already accepted IIRC so it can be implemented at the same time as this thread.

Just posting a solution to help with any scaling issues. The previous CRT for Cell's Kamehameha was already accepted IIRC so it can be implemented at the same time as this thread.
Can it? Like before we had a similar thing with the moon scaling and now that's changed

Well, if it's already accepted, there is no reason to discuss it, right? This would also greatly affect the Buu Saga scaling (also bringing this up in the AP thread would've been amazing)

But regardless, we're not even finished with this thread, so I'd like to focus on it before moving on to other things, more staff votes are needed.

Unquantifiable boost.
No reason not to drop them either.
they dont scale to the Kame, so the onus is on you to prove why they should be SS level
I mean, I am basing off from the series itself, the Kamehameha has always given a boost that doesn't take the user up a tier
Goku's super Kamehameha vs Piccolo
Goku's Kamehameha vs Raditz
Goku's KK*20 Kamehameha vs 50% Frieza etc

It's stronger than their normal stats but not an entire tier above,

I may be wrong tho
Oh yea, SPC is several times above baseline, this is the issue with downscaling at times imo, at that point where crossing a PL gets you to another tier entirely. But honestly, blowing the solar system in the story was only a thing after SPC, if PC could do it, that blast wouldn't make sense.

But this seems to be derailing, so I'll just drop it

Wouldn’t Cell downscale from his Kamehameha since he was gonna survive the Solar System’s destruction?
Cell wasn't aiming specifically to blow up the Solar System with his final attack; he just said he had energy / Ki to be able to do that if he wanted.

Cell wasn't aiming specifically to blow up the Solar System with his final attack; he just said he had energy / Ki to be able to do that if he wanted.
That's not a good counterpoint to this statement, his Kamehameha especifically had that much energy, if he shot it out and it exploded, as several official interpretations showcased, it would've engulfed the sun and destroyed everything.

Omega's point makes more sense as a rebuttal imo

That's not a good counterpoint to this statement, his Kamehameha especifically had that much energy, if he shot it out and it exploded, as several official interpretations showcased, it would've engulfed the sun and destroyed everything.

Omega's point makes more sense as a rebuttal imo
Okay, but let's not forget that Cell can fly, can teleport, and would only be taking a fraction of the blast even if he didn't do either of those two things, and can regenerate from tiny clump of cells that make up his core.

So it's not a good argument for him downscaling.

i mean..........he can regenerate even after being reduced to a few Cells, he doesn't need to tank it
True, but he’d get completely engulfed by the explosion and would still survive. I feel like he’d need enough durability to somewhat survive the explosion, or else he’d just get vaporised like at the end of his beam struggle with Gohan. Maybe I’m wrong though.

While I do think an enraged SSJ2 Gohan is stronger than SPC, and that "Using less than half his power" wasn't something he was doing during the final act. I suppose I'm fine with a slight downgrade assuming he is more than 2x the power of SPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back