• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many credits is needed exactly to make a decent living in Star Wars?

cause there’s poor, middle class, and wealthy people in star wars.

but how many credits do you need to be considered rich. And how money credits to be considered poor.

is there even such a thing as minimum wage in star wars?

My cynical side is saying Andor is kinda a soulless and pretentious attempt to be mature and fan service-less without substance. Liked the fresh feel but honestly feel like some people are just prepared to love this show blindly because of it after all the shit we got, the first three episodes kinda dragged for me (not that interesting of a slow burn either) and honestly could have been one episode.

But holy shit did that Episode 3 final ending montage make me forget all my issues with the show.

how many credits is needed exactly to make a decent living in Star Wars?

cause there’s poor, middle class, and wealthy people in star wars.

but how many credits do you need to be considered rich. And how money credits to be considered poor.

is there even such a thing as minimum wage in star wars?
Not sure.

A few hundred credits was enough of a bribe to get law enforcement to look the other way. A few thousand was enough to hire a bounty hunter to capture or even murder someone. 50,000 to 200,000 credits could get you a very good CEC light freighter or even a decent starfighter or light gunboat. 100,000 to 300,000 credits was a big enough bounty amount to make some like Jabba the Hutt (one of the wealthiest people in the galaxy) think twice about paying that; and it was also the level of bounty the empire placed on the likes of Han, Leia, Luke, and Rebel Alliance leaders; it was also considered enough to retire and spend the rest of your life in peace on a farm somewhere.

What I'm more curious about is the cost of daily essential items in credits, rent, living wages, such stuff. I'd like to know this.

I want to know the cost of a litre of Bantha milk, a nerf steak, a glass of Chav tea or caff, a bowl of Corellian noodles; how much it costs to rent a place in various locations in the galaxy, etc.

My cynical side is saying Andor is kinda a soulless and pretentious attempt to be mature and fan service-less without substance. Liked the fresh feel but honestly feel like some people are just prepared to love this show blindly because of it after all the shit we got, the first three episodes kinda dragged for me (not that interesting of a slow burn either) and honestly could have been one episode.

But holy shit did that Episode 3 final ending montage make me forget all my issues with the show.
I am honestly really liking Andor already, the tone, the emotion. They did it really well here in those 3 episodes
The show seems more driven by character and intrigue than anything else. After the dumpster fire pacing of TROS (which I still can't get over) I'll gladly take this show's slow pacing and far superior writing and overall character.

nah i loved the slower pace of the show, it's character and world driven as oppose to plot driven, so many of the supporting characters actually feel like people as opposed to NPC's waiting for the hero arrived.

nah i loved the slower pace of the show, it's character and world driven as oppose to plot driven, so many of the supporting characters actually feel like people as opposed to NPC's waiting for the hero arrived.
Ironically it's kinda Cassian Andor that I don't care about for a show that puts so much care in crafting the other supporting characters.

Kinda exactly like Rogue One (and I love Rogue One) where he starts off killing someone in cold blood and you're like "oh shit kinda edgy for Star Wars" then that's about it doesn't really go anywhere.

Hopefully they make him more of an interesting character moving forward.

Corporate security/cop was definitely the most interesting to me.

Not sure.

A few hundred credits was enough of a bribe to get law enforcement to look the other way. A few thousand was enough to hire a bounty hunter to capture or even murder someone. 50,000 to 200,000 credits could get you a very good CEC light freighter or even a decent starfighter or light gunboat. 100,000 to 300,000 credits was a big enough bounty amount to make some like Jabba the Hutt (one of the wealthiest people in the galaxy) think twice about paying that; and it was also the level of bounty the empire placed on the likes of Han, Leia, Luke, and Rebel Alliance leaders; it was also considered enough to retire and spend the rest of your life in peace on a farm somewhere.

What I'm more curious about is the cost of daily essential items in credits, rent, living wages, such stuff. I'd like to know this.

I want to know the cost of a litre of Bantha milk, a nerf steak, a glass of Chav tea or caff, a bowl of Corellian noodles; how much it costs to rent a place in various locations in the galaxy, etc.

The show seems more driven by character and intrigue than anything else. After the dumpster fire pacing of TROS (which I still can't get over) I'll gladly take this show's slow pacing and far superior writing and overall character.

question is there a Star Wars commander who could Out tactic thrawn or no.

Also how good would thrawns battle meditation be if he was force sensitive?

like if thrawn was force enhanced would he be unbeatable in terms of commanding troops and leading a battle?

question is there a Star Wars commander who could Out tactic thrawn or no.

Also how good would thrawns battle meditation be if he was force sensitive?

like if thrawn was force enhanced would he be unbeatable in terms of commanding troops and leading a battle?
There are only a few people I can think of who could out-tactic Thrawn in a battle. But if we were to discount Force sensitives who could pull supernatural and over-the-top shit, then that leaves only Tarkin and Ar'alani (and even then it's doubtful unless they pull something so unbelievably unpredictable that Thrawn couldn't possibly counter in time).

As for the prospect of Thrawn being Force sensitive and using Battle Meditation: that is a truly terrifying thought. He would be nigh unstoppable. The only way to beat something like that would be overwhelming numbers combined with surgical insertion assassination/suicide-run attempts. Or may he an overwhelmingly powerful weapon.

Who would you guys say are some of the most underrated tacticians in star wars?

also one thing id like to see more of in star wars is ta larger discrepancy between older and newer ship. id like for there to be a thresehold where certain ships are just to old to be in the same league as the newer stuff, some of the books deal with this but it's still not really wildly shown.

Who would you guys say are some of the most underrated tacticians in star wars?
Tarkin
Most people see him as this big bad right hand man of Palpatine that can hold Vader on a leash, and also as a hard worker with a no-nonsense attitude. But they also fail to see that he's actually a genius strategist & tactician. Even Palpatine and Vader regarded him as the best in this regard within the Empire (other than Thrawn). Only die-hard Star Wars fans who really know his lore know how much of a ruthless and efficient strategist & tactician he truly is, even without prep.

Side Note: Tarkin is also surprisingly buff and a lethal physical fighter in Canon.

vTbCxcQ.png

You do not want to **** with this man.

Another one that comes to mind is Admiral Trench. Even those who watched TCW can't seem to remember him and how much of a great commander he was. Even Tarkin held his capabilities in high regard. And you do not want to underestimate someone who has Tarkin's respect.

Ellian Zahra in the recent Canon comics is another one. She's a scary lass. She was literally Tarkin's pet project at creating a new generation of himself.

You know you ****** up when millions of imperial troops betray you for what you did.

This is true in both Legends and Canon.

---

Also a reflection of how important Alderaan was to galactic politics.

Base Delta Zero dozens of worlds and nobody bats an eye.

Destroy Alderaan and suddenly Rebel Alliance recruitment explodes.

This is, of course, a gross oversimplification.

we might finally go back to the Mid 2000's

That's too much though.

it's pretty much 1 AAA game a year and a small scale project most likely mobile games, i dont think it's that bad. given they different studios and should tackle different genres
Yeah, but can they keep up the quality and fun gameplay? It's one thing to put out a few books or two shows every year, but a whole another thing to put out a game that doesn't feel like a rushed and unoptimized cash grab.

Yeah, but can they keep up the quality and fun gameplay? It's one thing to put out a few books or two shows every year, but a whole another thing to put out a game that doesn't feel like a rushed and unoptimized cash grab.

why did tarkin want to destroy alderaan anyway. (was he stupid/arrogant)

just why.

also blue didn't they kill tarkins son so that he would lose all of his humanity?

why did tarkin want to destroy alderaan anyway. (was he stupid/arrogant)

just why.

also blue didn't they kill tarkins son so that he would lose all of his humanity?
Tarkin believed Alderaan's destruction would send the message across that nobody in the galaxy was immune from "imperial justice". If Alderaan could be so quickly obliterated, then he believed everyone else would just fall in line and keep quite. The dissolution of the Senate and the power of the Death Star he believed cemented Palpatine's power, and nobody would dare stand against the Empire. It was sheer arrogance on his part, and a miscalculation as well; he didn't fathom that the destruction of Alderaan would act as a catalyst for mass imperial defection; then you have the destruction of Alderaan plus the destruction of the Death Star further galvanizing the entire galactic populace to rise up, especially across the mid and outer rims and wild space.

Tarkin had no wife and son in Canon. That was in Legends. Vader and Palpatine wanted to portray Tarkin's son as a martyr rather than a traitor, so his will would be steeled against the rebels. In my opinion, this is a bullshit plot that was absolutely unnecessary. Canon Tarkin being a brought up Fascist from a rather privileged background on what was essentially a late-stage-capitalist corporate colony is far more compelling.

There is also the fact that Tarkin in Canon is a closet homosexual, which is actually pretty interesting.

Tarkin believed Alderaan's destruction would send the message across that nobody in the galaxy was immune from "imperial justice". If Alderaan could be so quickly obliterated, then he believed everyone else would just fall in line and keep quite. The dissolution of the Senate and the power of the Death Star he believed cemented Palpatine's power, and nobody would dare stand against the Empire. It was sheer arrogance on his part, and a miscalculation as well; he didn't fathom that the destruction of Alderaan would act as a catalyst for mass imperial defection; then you have the destruction of Alderaan plus the destruction of the Death Star further galvanizing the entire galactic populace to rise up, especially across the mid and outer rims and wild space.

Tarkin had no wife and son in Canon. That was in Legends. Vader and Palpatine wanted to portray Tarkin's son as a martyr rather than a traitor, so his will would be steeled against the rebels. In my opinion, this is a bullshit plot that was absolutely unnecessary. Canon Tarkin being a brought up Fascist from a rather privileged background on what was essentially a late-stage-capitalist corporate colony is far more compelling.

There is also the fact that Tarkin in Canon is a closet homosexual, which is actually pretty interesting.
Wow, I did not know that about Canon Tarkin. That is pretty interesting.

Wow, I did not know that about Canon Tarkin. That is pretty interesting.
Yup. He also had a thing for a male Stormtrooper (TK-421) aboard the Death Star, who he actually invited once to his hot tub and also promised a posting to Coruscant as part of his personal guard.

TK-421 was killed by Han soon after the Falcon was tractor beamed onto the Death Star. Luke wore his armour as a disguise.

Tarkin later calmly promised to TK-421's pet mouse droid (it had heavy modifications to it that made it more of a pet than a droid servant) that the Alliance would pay for its owner's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back