• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that is a good point there. When I wrote them, I saw it as it being non-combat in the sense that they have to do die for it to happen, which would just give them a draw at best if they can't resist it.

Wonder if Kyrie can get resistance off of this seeing as he and Gene walked around in the city Diane ruled in and likely slept in the city Ares ruled in. Hmm...

Those can work for there I guess.

Edit: Actually that might work, as I just remembered the terminology for the death of physical laws. Remember it as them being able to kill it off to transform and shit as well as the dying part so maybe it's not so much non-combat applicable as I thought of it.

Kyrie and Gene always left the area before death of physical laws happened, they knew about it and left it's aoe.

Oh right. They did leave the city in chp1 when they realized Diane's death started to cover the city. And it was noted that Ares was gonna take a while to cover C City/Chicago.

Fair enough.

How's this?

• Death of the Laws of Physics: A phenomenon that occurs when a Mechanical Dead attacks, where they transform to their true state by ignoring the laws of conversation of mass and gravity. Their transformation also causes even substances that would be impossible to melt into an unknown substance. Were they to rot and decay after fulfilling their mission or are killed, their death causes the laws of physics in the area they reigned to die, creating a land of pollution where no human can step in.
  • Divine Protection: Mechanical Dead are all granted a blessing of protection from the laws of physics by Lord Alva Edison. Through this, things that fall under such phenomena such as mass and kinetic energy (ex. a building falling down on them, bullets, etc.) are ignored. Rendering them invincible against such things unless hit by an attack that can distort phenomena itself like Kyrie's laser weapon which shoots a laser beam made of Cracking Light.

HOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOOOOO

NEATO.

It was 40% actually. That was from 2 weeks ago so it was past 35% already. Even then, that's still double the percentage from 5 to 10 so YEET YEET for us ^^

Funny is how I'm about 50% in on the text gathering and deciphering of Karsheel's chp4 at this time too, and it's only been 3 weeks since I started lol. I'm also at the part of the clown being...thing in Gahkthun I believe (that's past Berta's fight and the beach vacation, btw).

Imagine a match vs mechanical dead, not only is ap meaningless since Edison blessed them with protection from the laws of conservation of mass, gravity, and kinetic energy, if you actually do kill them you die.

It's pretty broken. Lol, not only are critters hard to make matches for, mechanical dead will be the same, the oppnent will have to incap, they can't pummel them nor kill them.

Speaking of gahkthun, always liked this Tesla gif.

Tesla gahkthun

When bullets and falling buildings are just a couple things you can't harm them with lol.

I'm more imagining them finding Diane, Ares and Thanatos and wondering HTF they machines. That'll be a bit complex to tell them about it (Not sure why they're named after Greek Gods. Might be explained in the later half of chp4 or they're named as such just cuz.)

That art pose of Tesla reminds me of the artstyle of VN's from a decade ago. Somewhat like Fate's from FSN iirc.

I really hope I can make a match with Kyrie vs the machines from the Terminator series. That might make him confused or triggered if he mistakes them for Mechanical Dead xD

If angels in sona nyl have some sort of power from Edison like mechanical dead, that would be interesting.

Would be sort of symbolic, the angels going around enforcing the will of Edison (God), and have been given the power to do so.

Gahkthun came out in like 2012, so not far off from a decade ago.

Kyrie vs Terminator sounds cool.

For all I can gather on, they have just as BS powers of their own as that of the Critters and Mechanical Dead. Especially the last one that appears before A and Lily near the end that's pretty interesting, since that one seems to have to do with making all of NYC's 3 mil population disappearing into the UG NY...insane shit it has, and Sona Nyl being half done at editing makes it all the more worth the wait to seeing in action kek.

They're called 《Õ¥íõ¢┐Òüä》 or Messengers roughly. Angels I like to call them cuz all of them have wings on them which gives the appearance...although there's a dark humor to it cuz of how there's 7 of them (well 6 technically. The last one is an amalgamation of those 6 but in essence there is 7 of them in the VN) and in Christianity or whatever you normally hear of 7 Archangels...err well I guess depending if they go 7 or less. Sometimes I read 4 but that's something else.

Right, so still just after the last decade.

Depending on what Kyrie does in his fight with Thanatos, he should be able to fight the Terminators. My only concern is him fighting the T-1000 cuz of their liquid metal alloy thing they have, but that can countered by his Cracking Light laser weapon if he pulls it off soon after realizing his guns don't work.

What message do they have to be called messengers i wonder? That love is meaningless i am guessing.

We'll see, hoping 10% a month is consistent so we can get sona nyl like spring next year but doubt it.

I would assume so, I guess. Seems to fit other than just being there to kill them over and over. Related to a certain thing that makes them turn into machines and break overtime while losing their memories.

...Once again, Edison is a scary B.

I would hope that be the case seeing that Mangagamers posted a number of their translated projects finished on their site and Steam, or will be. But...yeah just not hope too much on it. Like you said, we'll see.

Noice.

Meanwhile, I'm at...ehhh I'd say around 80+% ish done with Chp4 of Karsheel? After a whole freaking month with getting the text of it, I'm finally on the last 20+ pages that has Kyrie fight Thanatos...it took a really long time but I'm both surprised and odd out at how much I did in just one month for this 124 page chapter lol.

After that is the epilogue and I'll pretty much be done with the book's storyline.

Edit: Doing quick math, I'm actually just around 93% done with chp4's pages. Not bad.

As far as memory is concerned, nope. Seems like chp2 is the only place where he, ofc not outright named, is mentioned.

As for Gahkthun, I just got passed Emilie's arc/section. Seems weird for a time when one of the main protags isn't on the screen beyond being mentioned. But it's the same for Karsheel's chp4 once you see it. The length is hella crazy. Wondered why the book didn't just make it into 2 parts.

You know other than Sona Nyl's eventual release and me working on the Novel Anthology, I'm wondering if 2020 will have any new content or news of Steampunk.

I don't think I remember anything off of this year outside of the Sona Nyl updates and this coming out earlier in the year. Feel like WAB will be even slower if nothing new comes up out of the main series.

Only thing that could come up is, well, Sona Nyl and maybe it's WN (not that I'm complaining ^^) and that Mushoku thing on Sakurai's blog...if the future plans date thing isn't just a messed up typo or joke even and will be a thing for reals (if Sakurai actually gets in on it or is but not saying anything at all that is).

Guess whatever happens next year, I'll have to leave it to chance for anything.

Mangagagmers seems interested in WAB so they probably will do another of the VN but it certainly won't be coming next year.

I am just wondering what direction they plan on going, they started with Gahkthun which is definitely the easily to get new ppl into, then have now worked backwards to what is considered by many ppl to be the best VN series of WAB, up there with Inganock.

Will they go back to Valusia or forward to the newly released Tyrhhia. Inganock being considered up there in quality i would think they would plan on doing it at some point so maybe they do plan on going back.

Unless they were secretly making any one of them (doubt it a lot though), most I can see out of doing the next is making an announcement on their blog like they did with Sona Nyl and/or Gahkthun.

I remember reading their old blogs on that of Gahkthun as a way to introduce the peeps, yeah. I found that as an odd move cuz of how recent Gahkthun was released at that time, but it was also a great move to let this series be known. IDK how it would be if it were any of the older titles.

Remember being conflicted on that one a while back haha. Definitely all in Valusia for a lot of reasons. Obviously there's Hilde and Leo, but there's also stuff like the Horrors, Machine Lord (for reminder sakes, he's one of the top executives of the WIC like Hilde and GK), the setting being in a desert and also the fact that it's apparently part of the "Unknown World" section of Kadath like Celeneria's setting, so there won't be anything about a gray sky there...at least in their area that is.

Tyhhria is still meh to me. The only things that would get me towards it is how Tesla makes an appearance there that calls back to his talking of being in Japan and Edison being an A-hole again for mind-screwing a guy and causing him to mess history up in a diff path according to theysay.

But yeah if they're doing things backwards and come back to Tyhhria, chances are they'll get to Valusia next. Maybe. I'd be surprised if they actually turn back to the recent title after Sona Nyl.

Other series are deep in concepts/terminology, ie if in Sona Nyl cracking is mentioned, how would you even know what that is, without having read Inganock while Gahkthun has a glossary that explains everything you need to know about WAB, it was the perfect series to bring to a new audience.

Not to mention Gahkthun is just is just the easiest to introduce to a western audience, nothing too complicated going on, and it's action packed.

Sharnoth has interesting characters but besides from that, really not much is going on, well stuff is going on but you have no clue why till a ways in.

Do we still not know if Tyhhria had any new monsters like critter?

Going backwards makes the most sense many series behind, while only 1 ahead.

I am just hoping someday we get the fan disk translated, but doubt it.

Pretty much.

That is another good point about Gahkthun, yeah. Inganock, Sharnoth, Sona Nyl are more story driven and less actiony (definitely much less Sharnoth cuz of M just godstomping everything he encounters there xD)

All I saw out of the CG's of it from a H-site are things like engine robots with a minigun and saw attachment, flying/floating ships and some weird ground...tank things...it's weird but I didn't see anything that would tell me some weird esoteric shit would appear. There IS but not Critter esoteric.

Aye. And that would be excellent...

Never thought I'd see the Time Prison page be made there lol

At least it lessens up my recent suspicion that perhaps it doesn't STOP someone in stopped time and space but rather isolates them from normal time and space...which if you think about the "prison" part, makes a lot of sense. Then again I wasn't able to get a clear answer of this power but just going off the "prison" part seems to lead me that this is what it actually does...as far as I can make it out of it.

This area of Atwiki actually just had several Steampunk related terms/abilities/tools in the series made there which I'm excited about...though since it's all text and only focuses on the ones related to it, it at least should be taken with a grain of salt...or more than it since it at least has that.

Also on the Fandisc thing, if it EVER gets TL'd we'd be able to get more scans/info on a lot of things like stuff from Inganock and the M=Edison on having same "everything" that Trex have spoken before.

Seems like it if that's what it is?

I remember Trex telling me this once in chat a while back that it's used by not only Edison but also Hilde (who got it from Thoth's Valusia body). IDK what the difference is between them other than him saying that Hilde's < Edison's, and Tesla wasn't able to ever get out of the latter's for 5 years straight since his "fight" with him prior to the NY incident. Although I attribute that to him being an emotional wreck, he did need Lily in her Rose Witch power to get him out of it.

Hilde's was used to try and trap Leo in it for what I found out but Leo broke out of that. Don't quite know if he could do the same against Edison's but I assume maybe not?

Thoth has one of the abilities as Edison? The mysteries with this guy deepens.

So Leon probably has dimension travel if he can back from being outside space-time, highly doubt he could do the same to Edison's time prison, unless it's the same time prison, idk.

It seems more that the Time Prison Thoth made was having come into contact with other people for "hours" and making it from there and giving it to Hilde for use.

I would assume Edison's is far superior cuz of his control over actual time and space rather than something that had to be made from being in contact with how many people for hours. (shrugs)

I really hope he gets a solid appearance outside of his bodies in Valusia and Sona Nyl...but I know it has to be something big for such a mysterious person.

They also have one of the other most important pages which is Cracking. Interestingly enough, it has something that's not officially printed out but the concept of Cracking's power over warping physics is consistent.

ÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®þÉåÒéÆÒü¡Òüÿµø▓ÒüÆÒéïÒÇü

Òü¥ÒüòÒüùÒüÅÒÇüÒüôÒéîÒüôÒüØÒüîþÅ¥Þ▒íµò░Õ╝ÅÒü«þ£ƒÒü«ÕèøÒÇé

þò░Þâ¢Òü¬Òü®ÒüØÒü«õ¢ÖµèÇÒü½ÚüÄÒüÄÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

ÒüôÒéîÒüáÒÇéÒüôÒéîÒüôÒüØÒüîÒÇé

Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬Òü¥ÒüºÒü«ÕèøÒÇü

õ©ûþòîÒéÆÒÇüþë®þÉåÒéÆÒÇüµö╣ÕñëÒüøÒüùÒéüÒéïÕèøÒÇé

õ©ûþòîÒéƵø©ÒüìÚÇúÒü¡Òéïµò░ÒéÆÕ╝äÒéèÕø×ÒüÖÕèøÒÇé

Guess just to explain this, and even I take this with a grain of salt, the context is that some guy named Von Hohenheim (IRL, he also goes by the name of Paracelsus and was known for having done quite a lot in the science field. Here in WAB, he was the "king of alchemy").

According to his Atwiki page, he met Edison/Tick Tock Man around 1541 AD about "death". Something about TTM calling himself "death" got Von Hohenheim to fight him. Obviously he didn't do jack but he did fight him with what might have been the earliest use of Cracking/Phenomena Formula.

The problem with something like this, sans the "fight", is it seems to not have been either printed or it's something that's not confirmed to have happened officially. Making it questionable canon at most.

Mary, and Charlie should have Instinctive Reaction, relooked at Mary vs Charlie, the way it was described is Charlie's attacks were too fast for Mary's left eye to see but her right eye could predict it, and in addition her body basically moves on it's own to dodge attacks.

That's another thing to add in that upcoming ctr, so so far it's Eos Tesla being downgraded, self sustenance for critters and this i think.

Btw found another scan of time being meaningless to M, so i changed his age to inapplicable cause time has no meaning to him, he was 1000+ before cause he spent hundreds of thousands of nights alone, but thing is that's after the Old Ones left him, we don't know how long he existed before then, for all we know he has always existed.

Makes sense.

Think I also thought up of adding Inorganic Physiology to them as well, though the way Critters were described makes me wonder if Type 1 is right or not? Cuz like Kikai they aren't really alive or dead to begin with, and they also don't really have a mind or soul to interact with AFAIK.

Could be. That would also make him the oldest of the known Nyar Incarnations, as Edison (in the public eye, at least) is said on Sona Nyl's official bio that he might be over 100 yrs old. Keyword "might" cuz to the public, no one knows if Edison is really the same one from the time when America was founded. Franklin and him are two known founding fathers, but only Franklin is known to have lived that long up to even the time of the main VN's.

Reminds me on the Old Ones, I found some pages of at about them in Valusia. Remembered seeing a comment of Fabtastic saying how Adepts can access the power of an Old One and for what I've seen, it gives some nice bonuses.

41 unborn lives, 41 toys, critters being the toys and kikai being the lives.

It would be type 1 i guess, but are they even objects/inorganic in the first place? They are phenomenon that aren't dead or alive, so idk about inorganic physiology.

If Edison is beyond time too, his age isn't really applicable either, not to be mention apparently he rewrote the multiverse, so probably from the perspective of this multiverse, he has existed since the beginning.

What bonuses are those?

For Critters, they initially were. Then again, they don't leave what would have been their original "bodies" so maybe that can be taken out if it's too uncertain.

That makes sense. Edison was even around Kadath a thousand years prior to the main story according to Lily's dreamwalking journey in Sona Nyl's WN. Although IDK if he truly was there since or just time traveled there...hmm.

Not really anything that's "broken" but it gives them things like resistance to drugs and toxins, resist the extreme cold and heat of Valusia's desert and this labyrinth they go to, and it allows them to interact with the Horrors by having the Old One wrapped around their weapons and bypassing their "no physical attacks can harm them" thing...IDK if there's anything special to it like Critters but I'd be sure that Trex and Fab might know of it.

There's also a couple who have a "Hawk Eye" ability that grants them night vision, clairvoyance and far sightedness, which is useful as it allows them to find whatever they need even if it's behind objects or around the corner and so on.

All this comes from some kind of "crest" they put on them that lets them get protection via the Old Ones, somewhat like the ones put on the Upper Tier Soldiers from Inganock iirc. Not like they DID have them but I mean in terms of having some kind of crest on their person.

Abhorrors lol nope physical attacks too? So now that's Critters, Mechanical Dead and Abhorrors who nope that.

WAB sure loves messing with physics and noping physical attacks.

µïíÕñºÕñëÕ«╣ÒÇéµûçÕ¡ùÚÇÜÒéèÒÇüÞâ¢ÕèøÒü¿µÇºÞâ¢Òü¿µ®ƒõ¢ôÒéÁÒéñÒé║ÒéƵïíÕñºÒüòÒüøÒÇüÕº┐ÒéÆÕñëÕ«╣ÒüòÒüøÒüƒµ¡╗õ║║ÒÇéÚÇÜÕ©©Òü«ÞÁ½ÒüäÕàëÒéƵö¥Òüñ《þ×│》µ£ëÒüÖÒéﵡ╗õ║║Òü¿Òü»ÚüòÒüåÒÇüõ¢òÒééÒüïÒééÒüîÚüòÒüåÒÇéÒüéÒéîÒü»ÕêÑÒÇéÕêÑþë®ÒÇéÒüøÒüäÒü£ÒüäÒüîÞ│¬ÚçÅõ┐ØÕ¡ÿÕëçÒéäÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝õ┐ØÕ¡ÿÕëçÒÇüÚçìÕèøÒü«Úí×ÒéÆþäíÞªûÒüÖÒéïþ¿ïÕ║ªÒü«µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒéÆÕçîÚºòÒüùÒüªÒÇüµïíÕñºÕñëÕ«╣ÒüùÒüƒµ¡╗õ║║Òü»ÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®þÉåµ│òÕëçÒéƵ«║ÒüÖÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇéõ╗╗µäÅÒü½ÒÇéÞç¬Õ£¿Òü½ÒÇé

Also, this passage here practically says what happens when a Mechanical Dead undergoes a transformation/paradigm.

Man I am SOOO goddamn tired. But...after about just over a month of text grabbing, inputing, and TL'ing/deciphering, I have FINALLY managed to complete chapter 4 of the main storyline of Kaijin no Karsheel.

Granted there is still the epilogue and all, but I ain't gonna start it up right away cuz jesus am I drained up lol

Probably stuff that ain't consistent or I forgot to check I'll have to do later but for now, this is pretty much it for today. Forewarning, it's a LOT of pages to scroll down to.

Chapter 4 of Karsheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back