• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

No problem at all. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

He just told me that everything looks alright, but that he will need to restart our forum for 4-5 minutes in a little while.

Does anyone know why the forum lags so badly whenever I switch it to the dark theme? I don't have this kind of problem with the light theme. However, the dark theme just makes it super hard for me to navigate around the forum. I feel like this has something to do with the amount of RAM that the theme uses.

It seems skill issues....... (joking)

I'm not certain what the problem is, but it doesn't seem to be related to the VS Battle forum. It seems that when you switched, the new design added some extra "data" in the background which may have affected your PC, although this shouldn't happen if your PC is good enough.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any solutions available for this issue.

Is there anyway that we can auto close inactive threads? By inactive I mean 6 months+ inactive.

Actual reactions that aren't just the thumbs-up/like. It gets tiring to see "X reacted with Like" with no variety.

He has been busy lately due to real world problems, but hopes to be able to respond soon.

Is there anyway that we can auto close inactive threads? By inactive I mean 6 months+ inactive.
I am not sure if that is a good idea. Sometimes useful but unfinished content revision threads can be found.

Automatically closing inactive threads after over 1 year of inactivity may be a good idea though.

Threadmarks bruh, not bookmarks.
Threadmarks can make the first-time thread visitor to know what kind of scan will be presented over time, unlike bookmarks.
You.. still can bookmark thread
Altho, I am not sure of "threadmark", can you explain it further?

Like this, thread marks can make you use this function more than bookmarks to make this post more important than the rest, and all members can see these, bookmarks. In comparison, only the bookmarker can see the bookmark.
To simplify, it is Discord pin but Xenforo forum edition. You can see this function in Sufficient Velocity, SpaceBattles, Questionable Questing, etc.

Like this, thread marks can make you use this function more than bookmarks to make this post more important than the rest, and all members can see these, bookmarks. In comparison, only the bookmarker can see the bookmark.
To simplify, it is Discord pin but Xenforo forum edition. You can see this function in Sufficient Velocity, SpaceBattles, Questionable Questing, etc.
I am not sure in what manner this would be useful for our community. Please explain further.

But we already use tags/categories to help our members find similar types of threads more easily.

Okay. It doesn't seem sufficiently useful for us to pay our system manager to install it thqough. My apologies.

The concept that โ€œthe pinned threadsโ€ has already been integrated into this forum, as exemplified by the wiki management, who has already pinned them.

However, I believe that allowing every member to pin a thread is a flawed idea, unless it is limited to being visible only to themselves.
If this limited implementation is feasible, it may be worth considering.

The concept that โ€œthe pinned threadsโ€ has already been integrated into this forum, as exemplified by the wiki management, who has already pinned them.

However, I believe that allowing every member to pin a thread is a flawed idea, unless it is limited to being visible only to themselves.
If this limited implementation is feasible, it may be worth considering.
Why pin a thread when we have notifications?

Unless the user does not want to receive notifications but wants to be aware of the thread that is the only validation I find for the function.
Some clarifications here.
That is pinned post not "pinned thread" that I proposed.

I honestly think it's a good idea. If it is not an addition that requires a lot of work from the Forum Manager, I support the idea.

The main issue would be moderators that actually speak the respective language, as without them a ton of stuff can easily happen without the staff being capable of becoming aware on their own out of the language barrier, which is why many forums generally restrict the usable languages to those currently supported by the staff at most (aka, just English and a few others).

Back