• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kiet Nguyen Tuan said:
People already complain about The Hero being another generic swordman. Smh for not looking at that MP Gauge
I just hate how there are many characters fighting with their fists in fighting games in general, it's saturated OVO

Royalty1702 said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
Considering the big, big names we're getting, I really wouldn't put any UT character high up in the list of possibilities.
IIRC UT is huge in Japan, so I wouldn't scratch off anyone from UT just yet.
so does Touhou, buy then again i still doubting Sans or Reimu can joining smash bros despite being huge in Japan.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Royalty1702 said:
Considering the big, big names we're getting, I really wouldn't put any UT character high up in the list of possibilities.
IIRC UT is huge in Japan, so I wouldn't scratch off anyone from UT just yet.
so does Touhou, buy then again i still doubting Sans or Reimu can joining smash bros despite being huge in Japan.
╠ÂI╠ ╠Âm╠Âe╠Âa╠Ân╠Â,╠ ╠ÂD╠Âr╠Âa╠Âg╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠ÂQ╠Âu╠Âe╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âp╠Âr╠Âe╠Ât╠Ât╠Ây╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âp╠Âu╠Âl╠Âa╠Âr╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠ÂJ╠Âa╠Âp╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Ây╠ ╠Âg╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠ÂS╠Âm╠Âa╠Âs╠Âh╠ ╠Â

Comparing to Touhou and UT who are indie game while DQ are game with loved genre and has big company on it? I don't think so man, their chance are pretty slim

Touhou is outright obscure in the West and even if it's popular in Japan, it still isn't iconic enough for Smash. UT is kinda popular on both sides, but again it's not part of a huge and iconic franchise. Even with Deltarune, UT is little more than a sudden trend.

The character that has the best chance of making it to Smash from Undertale is probably Sans, mostly due to how popular the character is.

I have no idea how Nintendo would be able to implement him, if they even bother considering him for the game, but it'd be an interesting addition nonetheless.

Glass cannon would be interesting.

Oh Erdrick's (I'm not gonna call him luminary or the hero) Kamikaze attack. How do you think that's gonna play out competitively?

Tbh, I see Sans more as an Assist Trophy, if anything. Similar to a Starman, he could teleport around the stage, cause bones to jut out of the ground underneath opponent fighters, and blue mode fighters so they move the wrong way. And, yes, one hit will take him out, but he would teleport often, and one would have a hard time catching him.

I doubt they'd include Sans before Frisk just because the character is popular. He's not even that much more plot important than the other "main characters".

Sure, but the Smash Ballot from a few years ago could say otherwise.

Besides, they don't have to have a fighter from Undertale just to have the franchise represented in the game. Just look at what they did with Shovel Knight, who was absolutely perfect to become a fighter, imo. However, instead, they only made him an Assist Trophy in Ultimate.

Well now we're in with DLCs, and they don't seem to want to add Assist Trophies or the likes in DLCs, so rip that.

The real cal howard said:
Glass cannon would be interesting.
Oh Erdrick's (I'm not gonna call him luminary or the hero) Kamikaze attack. How do you think that's gonna play out competitively?
Hype as **** power-play move.

Still holding out for Doomguy tbh

I only have 3 characters I'd really like. Reimu, [Insert UT character] and Steve. One has practically no chance, the other has very low chances but theoretically possible and the other got ****** over by Banjo.

I mean there's numerous other characters I'd love for Sakurai to put in like Doomguy, Crono, Sora, Ratchet & Clank, The Wonderful Ones, Terry Bogard and Asura to name a few, but, you know, one at a time guys.

Characters I would want?

Reinhard Heydrich, Ryu Hayabusa, Crono, Issac, 2B, Dante, Sephiroth, Sora, Kratos, and Corvo Attano.

Oh, and you can't leave out Goku. Goku would be amazing - the hypest and saltest of all possible Smash Reveals.

YES, Sora! If there'd be anything that'd please me, it'd be seeing them have their best reason in a long time to add another blade-wielding anime boy.

I kinda wanna see Sora befriending the entire Smash cast now. Kinda. (I guess he's already started with Cloud.)

Sora kinda got yeet by Hero though.

We only have two spots left boys. Doubt they'd repeat companies in such situation.

Sora kinda got yeet by Hero though.
We only have two spots left boys. Doubt they'd repeat companies in such situation.
I agree.

I doubt we will get another Microsoft or Square Enix rep.

I cry - I really wanted to fight Sephiroth as Cloud.

Imagine if all four slots were filled up by the four Dragon Quest Heroes.

Could you imagine the sheer OUTRAGE!!

Um, wrong. The DLCs are Fire Emblem 3 Houses rep and a new Pokemon for Sw/Sh. Clearly Zacian because more swords. And they replace Joker and Banjo with more DQ heroes. Erdrick and Erdrick in a hat. **** you.

Maybe they should add a Zelda character that actually represents their character from the games accurately.

I mean there is only Ganondorf and arguably Shiek that don't really represent their characters. Although it has mostly to do with most LoZ characters being introduced early in the series or cloned from such characters, and 64/Melee were a looot more loose with their adaptations. Seriously stuff like Cap. Falcon or Fox would be weird af in SSBU or SSB4.

The real cal howard said:
Isn't BotW!Link very well represented?
Barring the remote bombs - no?

He's the same Link he has always been. Where are the Champion abilites, the paraglider, et cetera.

Back