• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Crisis) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man of steel versus the man that is "not interested".

The battle takes place in Midgar.

Supermanpost
Superma

Cloudstrife
Cloud Strife

Cloud has access to all his Materia. Speed is equalized and win by KO. Who wins?

Cloud should take this; he's roughly 3000 times stronger and more durable. Plus he uses magic, which is Superman's weakness; albeit not by too much. But the magic combined with much higher power should give Cloud the edge. Both characters are very tactical and have their share of hax, but I'm still going with Cloud for reasons above.

It's important to note that both Cloud and Supes share the exact same level of strength and durability (Solar System Level) according to their pages, so I don't know where you got your stats from. Either way, I'll add your vote.

Cloud: 1

Superman: 0

@Cham

He most likely got it from a calc. It's just that Cloud received a higher calc compared to Supes Solar System feat. Also I'll vote for Cloud for the reasons above.

Cloud scales to Safer Sephiroth; who is 3.108 Megafoe or 3,108,000 Keplar supernovas. Supes' best feat was calc'd at just over 1 Kilofoe.

Yeah, Cloud wins thanks to his far superior AP. Granted, Superman could kill him via intangibility, but Cloud just have to land a hit

Sorry to burst the bubble, but let me put this into perspective.

Cloud =< Sephiroth (at least powerful enough to fight him one on one)

Sephiroth stomps Zero.

Zero defeated this Superman.

Via simple logic, this is stomp: Like it was said above, 3 Mega Foe vs 1 Kilo-Foe. I don't need to mention the ammount of hax Cloud has in store to make it worse, either.

Cloud waves the sword, Superman is dead.

But Sephiroth is far stronger then Cloud? Sephiroth not only showed no signs of being physically weakened, but without Zack coming down from the Lifestream (Yes people can do that in the Life Stream) Cloud would die.

Cloud was exchanging blows with Sephiroth. He still scales to him and at endgame of FFVII overpowered Seph by himself for a moment.

If we use a ridiculous lowball and say that Cloud is literally one entire Mega Foe weaker than Sephiroth, he's still TWO thousand times stronger than Superman here.

Same result.

Superman also has his share of hax; from what I heard from Matthew, his heat vision can create black holes or open portals to other timelines. He's also alot more tactical than people realize; mainly demonstrated in his confrontations with Mr Mxyzptlk, who is High 2-A Albeit the latter never actually fought Superman and only toyed with him, but Superman was able to solve his game; proving great intellect and tactics. So I wouldn't necesarly call this a stomp thread, but Cloud does seem like the easy victor here.

Anyway, Cloud - 7 and Supes - 0 if Fate's comment counts as a vote.

Strategy won't get him very far against an opponent who will no sell a good number of his options while being able to finish him off with pretty much anything by virtue of being 3000 times stronger. Their own hax would at best cancel each other out since Cloud also has Magic which Superman doesn't have good compatibility with.

The only way Supes wins this is if someone assumes Cloud will be there thinking about his life instead of doing anything while Superman goes with his best option from the get-go and actually connects, no questions asked.

I think it's worth pointing out that Superman's Heat Vision has planetary range while Cloud never showed anything near that. If his heat-vision has the hax attributes DarkDragonMedeus stated, then it's by no means a stomp.

Maximum starting distance in a match is 4 kilometers. For characters faster than light, they might as well be in melee range at that point.

This is once again assuming that Cloud stays there wondering about his life without doing any kind of attack (that would by all means oneshot Supes) while Superman starts with his best option from the get-go and actually connects without even wondering about how Cloud can, you know, do something about it via superior attack or, who knows, dodging. Also that he has like 95% more chances of winning, simply by considering that anything he does gives him the match while the slightest of mistakes Supes makes, he goes down in one hit.

FateAlbane said:
Maximum starting distance in a match is 4 kilometers. For characters faster than light, they might as well be in melee range at that point.
This is once again assuming that Cloud stays there wondering about his life without doing any kind of attack (that would by all means oneshot Supes) while Superman starts with his best option from the get-go and actually connects without even wondering about how Cloud can, you know, do something about it via superior attack or, who knows, dodging. Also that he has like 95% more chances of winning, simply by considering that anything he does gives him the match while the slightest of mistakes Supes makes, he goes down in one hit.
I concur. Thinking back, perhaps the match-up could be considered a stomp considering the difference in AP I wasn't aware of in the beginning. I'll let the mods decide this, anyway.

I'm giving a grace period of 24 hours before adding results in favor of Cloud.

In the meantime, I would suggest admins take a look at this thread and see whether it classifies as a stomp before I add the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back