• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transcending

He/Him
I have two proposals for Superman(Rebirth).

1: Division into three keys

In the beginning, Rebirth Superman was explicitly weaker than he was in Post-Crisis and even more so than how powerful he would become in the future as shown in Lois and Clark #4. This should be his first key. For his scaling, I think we can scale him to Doomsday though feel free to suggest your own scalings.

His second key is for when Superman gained back all his powers. Superman was weaker earlier due to some vibrational deviations that occurred because of him not embracing his new universe. However, this was fixed and this new version of Superman should be at least as powerful as he was in Post-Crisis.

His third and last key is when he merged with New 52 Superman, his other half(The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained). That's the guidebook version of the event but here's the comic version. For scaling, this version of Superman scales above both his Post-Crisis and his previous Rebirth versions, so he can be upscaled from those.

2: Non-Physical Interaction

To sum it up, Superman shook the Phantom Zone in Superman(2018) #6, which was stated to be a void in Action Comics #999.

Last edited:
Multiple reasons. 1, there needs to be clear cut evidence that it works like a proper Void and not just emptiness. But even then, shaking it won't qualify for Void hax. As Void hax requires you to be able to do so much more with it than just shake a structure.

For his keys, this justification should work;

Key 1: although weaker than his post crisis self, he is still able to battle the likes of Doomsday. In addition to, Alec noted that Superman was absorbing energy on a greater scale than his New 52 counterpart, so he is likely stronger than him.

Key 2: stronger than before. after regaining all his powers, he should be at least comparable to his post crisis self, if not stronger.

Key 3: stronger than before. After fusing with his New 52 counterpart, and as such, he should be far stronger than both his New 52 and Post Crisis counterparts.

Thoughts?

The suggestions in the first post of this thread seem uncontroversial to apply.

However, regarding Confluctor's suggestions, I don't see how regaining his powers would make him stronger than his post-Crisis self, rather than equal, or why merging with a weaker version of himself would make him far stronger rather than just stronger.

Oh, new 52 version is not that weaker than him. They are roughly the same. Just tiny bit different. Also look at the 4-B values they scale to. It's not that different. Both are almost the same. So, even then, he is at least 2x stronger than before.

Well, a bit less than 2x stronger then, but that is not the same as "far stronger" by our standards.

Idrc tbh, just call it stronger then. The reason I said far stronger initially is because of how he is being treated throughout the stories since then. His feats has gotten a lot higher level compared to his post crisis era. But again, idrc. Stronger is fine.

Also these two have been rendered, so we could add it to their files.

I am not sure. Those images are not very well drawn, especially not compared to the currently used excellent image for the character.

I am not sure. Those images are not very well drawn, especially not compared to the currently used excellent image for the character.

What? Those are some are really good superman covers and amazingly drawn, especially the blue and red one?????????

As for the black one, that's the only one with his full body. And it looks great.

Some renders I have for Rebirth Supes
Tried cleaning up one of the other renders. Seems a bit better imo but I'm sure someone else could do better
unknown.png

A nice Jim Lee one
unknown.png

A really nice image from Gary Frank
unknown.png

More Jim Lee, but after Supes got the underpants back
unknown.png

A render of the current image, albeit in low quality. Might try to make some adjustments later

unknown.png
I think any of these could work personally.

In think the last one, currently on his file too, was a post-crisis variant iirc.

As for the Jim lee - no pants one, it didn't make it as a final design.

The first one is ideal IMO. Probably one of the best images/covers of Superman of that era.

Ah, it's a store-exclusive variant. Which are in a bit of a weird state. So, I think we should probably use a mainstream cover instead.

In case anyone needs mirror link

Perhaps there could be multiple images, different ones for different keys, specifically Pre-Split and Post? If not, as I said before, I'm really fine with any of the images.

What? Those are some are really good superman covers and amazingly drawn, especially the blue and red one?????????

As for the black one, that's the only one with his full body. And it looks great.
My apologies, but I strongly disagree, especially compared with our currently used excellent image.

Some renders I have for Rebirth Supes
Tried cleaning up one of the other renders. Seems a bit better imo but I'm sure someone else could do better
unknown.png

A nice Jim Lee one
unknown.png

A really nice image from Gary Frank
unknown.png

More Jim Lee, but after Supes got the underpants back
unknown.png

A render of the current image, albeit in low quality. Might try to make some adjustments later

unknown.png
I think any of these could work personally.
The last one is fine to use if you use the original full size image quality for your render.

My apologies, but I strongly disagree, especially compared with our currently used excellent image.
It is really not... but anyway, we should stick to mainstream and dc produced images instead of a pictures, while licensed, is no different than a fan art of sort.

It is really not... but anyway, we should stick to mainstream and dc produced images instead of a pictures, while licensed, is no different than a fan art of sort.
As far as I am aware, what we currently use is an official image, and I am not going to allow something comparatively amateurish to be used for such an important character as Superman. My apologies.

Perhaps there could be multiple images, different ones for different keys, specifically Pre-Split and Post? If not, as I said before, I'm really fine with any of the images.
Well, several of your images seem to be for the post-Flashpoint version, rather than the Rebirth version. Feel free to create a full quality render of our currently used image though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back