• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, he can not truly interact with nonexistence itself, or immaterial beings, only send shockwaves through vacuum with his punches. That's it. And it apparently only happened once.

Here is our definition text for NPI:

"The power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings or objects. Users can both see and interact with intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent objects or life-forms and entities, allowing them to make physical contact and possibly cause harm.

It should be noted that the ability to interact with souls and other non-corporeal entities directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered Non-Physical Interaction and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate them in other contexts."

That definitely does not seem to fit in as a remotely consistent feature for Superman.

Again, he can not truly interact with nonexistence itself, or immaterial beings, only send shockwaves through vacuum with his punches.
That's not what happened. Superman could cause earthquakes in non-existence that made the void tremble, and he later said he could destroy it, which he wouldn't have if he couldn't even interact with it.
And it apparently only happened once.
Not really, I showed one instance, doesn't mean it's the only instance. There are others like when Superman affected Limbo, a void.

Wasn't Superman automatically turned into a phantom state in the Phantom Zone though? That would explain how he could interact with it. It also does not seem to work with the same laws of physics as a regular universe.

That is what has traditionally happened for characters that have been transported into the Phantom Zone over its long history, unless that has changed in recent continuity.

That is what has traditionally happened for characters that have been transported into the Phantom Zone over its long history, unless that has changed in recent continuity.
Well I don't remember beings turning from existence to non-existence when going to the Phantom Zone, that's why I asked for a scan.

And how exactly am I supposed to find the time to search through several hundred Superman back issues when I am already working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that this community does not fall apart, and try to exercise and meditate if I get any time left over?

Anyway, from what I recall of classic stories, that is the entire point/premise of the Phantom Zone, but perhaps that has changed in the most recent stories. Bendis tends to be willfully uninformed when it comes to keeping track of continuity and established characterisation.

For NPI, so far we have 4 staff agreements and one disagreement.
It would still send a terrible precedent given how non-physical interaction is supposed to work, along with that we need more consistency than a single instance..

I also really like the Post-Crisis/Post-Rebirth Superman, but I want his profile page to be reliable, not exaggerated.

Which staff members have agreed with the change? I suppose that I could allow "possibly limited non-physical interaction" as a safe compromise solution.

It would still send a terrible precedent given how non-physical interaction is supposed to work,
It's limited NPI, it wouldn't.
along with that we need more consistency than a single instance..
Post-Reborn Superman has run for less than 4 years, that's not a long amount.
Which staff members have agreed with the change?
@Confluctor, @Maverick_Zero_X, @Emirp sumitpo, and I think @Qawsedf234.

Hmm. Okay, given that it is a single instance, we would have to use "Possibly limited Non-Physical Interaction", but except for that it is probably fine then.

A single instance of a vaguely defined feat does not seem sufficient for that.

How is it vaguely defined? And that single instance happened in short time. There's nothing even contradicting it.

I personally think a solid limited NPI rating is the best but if that's too much, I can settle for Likely. I am sorry but I am not willing to go any lower.

It is vaguely defined in the sense that we do not know if it was a specific power for Superman himself, a property of the Phantom Zone itself, or just a common plot convention at play, but alright, I suppose that "Likely limited Non-Physical Interaction" is probably fine to apply then.

I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. Somebody needs to do the required work to apply what was accepted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back