• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Superman-by-jim-lee-jpgw389
Kal El, AKA Superma

Wonder woman by bobhertley-d66aj8i
Diana Prince, AKA Wonder Woma

A classic rivalry between classic characters

Who wins?

Post-Crisis for both, obviously

Wonder Woman does not get the atom splitting sword

Who wins?

RadicalMrR said:
Isn't Superman superior to her in canon in everything but fighting skill?
Yes, but the margins range from somewhat large to so minimal its barely noticable. Her lasso and other equipment close that gap fairly well, along with her fighting skill. Though I might suggest giving her the sword, as she has used it on Superman in canon and that fight was pretty close.

Will be constructing a more thorough opinion and be back to vote.

KillitwithC4 said:
I'm pretty sure this happened in the comics, and wonder woman kicked his ass for the most part of the fight.
It's been stated multiple times that supes holds back everytime he fights WW because if he went all out he would end WW in a second

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
It's been stated multiple times that supes holds back everytime he fights WW because if he went all out he would end WW in a second
Technically true since a fight between MFTL characters won't last that long XD

But no, it would not be an easy fight for either.

Superman isn't born a warrior, wonder woman is. And she has her atom splitting sword. So yeah, this clearly goes to wonder woman.

KillitwithC4 said:
Superman isn't born a warrior, wonder woman is. And she has her atom splitting sword. So yeah, this clearly goes to wonder woman.
That is not something she normally uses so I'm not giving her it. THis is standard equipment.

Wonder woman has more skilled than all of them with the exception of batman. And wonder woman can use her lasso of Truth to make Clark tell her where his weak spots are.

This is a close fight in my opinion. Made even closer because they are familiar with each other, little is going to be left up to surprise. They balance each other out fairly well also. Superman has Alien martial arts and training from other heroes, Wonder Woman is formally trained. Superman has more has and variety, but is unlikely to use any lethally or quickly, on top of that, Wonder Woman has magical equipment. Superman takes slight edges in physical stats here and there, but WW is more familiar with his limits and can fight smart.

Overall, and part of this may be influenced by my own biases, I lean to Superman. His slight edges in physical stats, as well as being familiar with Wonder Woman's fighting, couple with Torquasim Tao will help him control the fight. His power variety also, at least on paper, seem more useful than WW equipment. Heat vision that can be extended or focused, and breath that can push and freeze.

Like I said, close. Giving it to Superman 6/10

Supes should take the slight edge. Both know how the other fights, and really well at that. However, I doubt WW would expect the full power of his big guns, which are the moves that can end it in one shot.

I'm siding with WW here, due to her better fighting skills, magical items and higher intelligence. Supes may have a slight edge in stats, but she has fought him many times and knows how to work around it.

Superman has the slight edge in strength, but WW is faster in combat and has magically enchanted weapons so I'm gonna go with her.

It was in one comic (I'll look for it) but Superman was flying faster than WW but she stated that she is faster in combat. WW has also casually dodged Supergirl's attacks who is faster than Supes.

ScarletFirefly said:
I'm siding with WW here, due to her better fighting skills, magical items and higher intelligence. Supes may have a slight edge in stats, but she has fought him many times and knows how to work around it.
Dude supes brain is literally a super computer that can proccess information much much much faster then Wonder Woman and the same can be said for supes as well he fough against her multiple times as well and wants stomping supes from using his heat vison and frying her brain?

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
RouninOtaku said:
Superman has the slight edge in strength, but WW is faster in combat and has magically enchanted weapons so I'm gonna go with her.
faster were did you get that from?
also read the op, she doesn't have her sword here...

and none of post crisis ww weapons are magically at all, i don't know were youguys got that from.....

One example via statement isn't enough to say wonder Woman is faster. Nor is one example of a Supergirl fight. I'd need to see scans of both, a there are also examples of Superman fighting Wonder Woman and controlling the flow of the fight. Heck, in For Tomorrow, he flicks a drop of his blood at her, cracking her sword hilt and knocking her back. When trying to determine this Victor, I am just trying to move past these few examples that vary from writer to writer.

Magical euipment is legit though. That can ruin Superman's day.

BruceTheBatman said:
@Scarlet
Superman is WAYYYY smarter than Wonder Woman.
Never said she was faster, but if Supes is that much faster than her, also higher stats, what's the point in this? He'll blitz her head off.

@Peter, it's from a single statement from Batman and Wonder Woman concerning who would win in a fight. As far as I can find, its not easily backed up. I am always open to being proven wrong though. There are a lot of comics, it's not easy to keep track of everything that happens.

Back