• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Katara has plant manipulation. Couldn't she take control of Swampfire's body this way? There must be some amount of water in his body for her to take advantage, judging from that one gif where he's able to shoot mud.

Edit: Actually, I don't see any wincons for Katara here? Swampy can recover from being completely frozen, he has regeneration, and even if Katara could control him, what exactly could she do to take him down?

Last edited:
Ripping all the moisture from his body shouldn’t really affect him, but she can try and bloodbend him,
That’s the only wincon I see.

Don’t think Swampfire even relies on water to live tbh.
That’s a completely baseless assumption. It’s a plant based life form and almost every plant species in the series has acts like what we expect of plants, fungi etc. Frankly, you’d need to bring evidence to say Swampfire doesn’t require water, especially when Ben’s arm was broken and he turned into Swampfire, the damage was reflected in said arm now being some withered and desiccated limb.

Bloodbending and plantbending would pretty much be the same in this instance. And that's assuming he even has blood.

She could try slicing him to pieces and then freezing the puddle that remains before he regens. I don't think he can generate heat when he's just in his puddle form.

That’s a completely baseless assumption. It’s a plant based life form and almost every plant species in the series has acts like what we expect of plants, fungi etc. Frankly, you’d need to bring evidence to say Swampfire doesn’t require water, especially when Ben’s arm was broken and he turned into Swampfire, the damage was reflected in said arm now being some withered and desiccated limb.
Ben and another water reliant based lifeform was on a planet which was so hot that it dried out any plants. Doesn’t seem like he required any water.

This is how he projects fire. This should easily be able to maintain distance

Also does Katara has answer to his Regen ? seems like a regen stomp.

She could try slicing him to pieces
Seems like an extremely difficult job especially cause he no solds objects gowing through him.

Swampfire can use his underground mobility to catch Katara by surprise as an enemy appearing from underground isn't something Katara has faces before.

Katara has plant manipulation. Couldn't she take control of Swampfire's body this way?
That is going to be difficult. There was a giant plant monster that mind controlled dozens of humans and Swampfire using his Mental strength was able to break mindcontrol and save Grandpa. If his plant manipulation is strong enough to free someone from a Large Size Type 2 being mind controlling dozens of people. It's going to be very difficult to manipulte such a being how's plant manip is superior to Katara.

• Swampfire has endless supply of fire to burn her Water carrige.
  • Underground mobility
  • Mud to blindside Katara and then launch an attack or Gas Projection to make a distraction to suffocate her
Swampfire has sufficient ways to creatively defeat her

That is going to be difficult. There was a giant plant monster that mind controlled dozens of humans and Swampfire using his Mental strength was able to break mindcontrol and save Grandpa. If his plant manipulation is strong enough to free someone from a Large Size Type 2 being mind controlling dozens of people. It's going to be very difficult to manipulte such a being how's plant manip is superior to Katara.
He only Manipulated a small part of the plant it seems and that doesn't mean he can use it on himself so she just takes control of him still unable to kill unless he needs water which seems unclear because high low but if high low is from the first Regen image he was cut to pieces and we see a pile of solid plant matter

Voting Katara.

She should be able to get off her wincon faster by simply rip out water from Swamp Fire or blood bend him into submission since she’s bloodlusted.

He only Manipulated a small part of the plant
He manipulated an entire army and can construct Plant walls dozens of Meter high. His plant potency is superior as he has Telekinetic control over plans.
He also also generates dozens of vines which are several meters long and can take away Kataras water canteen or generate 20-30 meter tall vines. The range game is strong for swampfire

I don't see any Water from Swampfire when he was caught off guard and regenerated pretty quickly (The only reason this happened is because his skull exploded which he later in the series easily regenerated)

If she has prior knowledge wouldn't this be in favor of her ?
Cause if that's the case she'll probably know about Sleeping gas as well.

Seems like an unfair advantage in the Rules of the match.

Swampfire can use his underground mobility to catch Katara by surprise as an enemy appearing from underground isn't something Katara has faces before.
OP did say that she has prior knowledge, so I assume that she has knowledge of his abilities.

And I'm at work and on mobile right now so I can't watch the videos, but from what you're saying it sounds like Swampfire resisted mind manipulation, not direct body control.

Meh I'm not debating here anymore, @Spectral would clear most questions whenever he gets online.
Swampfire has no blood ? Burden of proof to prove Swampfire has blood is on the opposing party.

Last edited:
… because he’s a plant? Even the video above shows him getting splattered as goo across Kevin and Gwen’s faces ergo he has a liquid inside him. You’d need to prove that the liquid in a plant is not water lol and even if you did, Katara can bend other liquids such as oil. This is honestly such a bizarre argument.

Why do we assume Swampfire has water in him?
Plants have water in them. So tell us why he shouldn't.

Im not even going to mention ive seen parts of him wither as though it lacks water, ive seen him in a liquid state, and ive seen his vascular system when parts of his body are cut. These are normal for plant based life forms.

So prove he doesn't contain water.

And Diamondhead and Chromastone is Diamond ? Nope

No cuz thats just a bad name fallacy cuz Chromastone doesn't even have Diamond in his name.

Most crystal aliens are made up of Silicon.

Just Chromastone

He also has Methane in his body. If it's more blood than that would just burn it. His psychology is different from humans.
So if he doesn't contain more blood he's not more human to control like enemies Katara has faced.

His blood would simply adapt to his physiology.

Just Chromastone

What else will you say now.
Just Diamondhead
Just Echo Echo
Screenshot_20230806-213553.jpg

Most Ben aliens are silicon based.
🥱

Just Diamondhead
Just Echo Echo

🥱
Doesn’t matter. Where is the scan that says Swampfire doesn’t contain water?

Also, being silicon based doesn’t mean they don’t have water. You realise that most organisms on Earth are carbon based lifeforms, right? Including humans. Take a guess what is 60% water.

Just Diamondhead
Just Echo Echo

🥱

This is just a funny way of using hasty generalization fallacy. But still doesn’t hurt our argument, even if it is true, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re 100% silicon based.

Doesn’t matter. Where is the scan that says Swampfire doesn’t contain water?
My main argument was never that he cannot be blood manipulated.
My argument was that due to the lack of blood (and the fact that he contains methane in his body the blood which she manipulated is going to be very different and impure) Katara is going to have a difficult time.
Swampfire having the mental and strength capability of lifting and constructing giant wines. His plant manipulation should be far as stronger than the plant creature that she faced in the avatar show.
I'm not even once said that he cannot be blood manipulated.

My main argument was never that he cannot be blood manipulated.
My argument was that due to the lack of blood (and the fact that he contains methane in his body the blood which she manipulated is going to be very different and impure) Katara is going to have a difficult time.
Swampfire having the mental and strength capability of lifting and constructing giant wines. His plant manipulation should be far as stronger than the plant creature that she faced in the avatar show.
I'm not even once said that he cannot be blood manipulated.
The plant manip isn’t an issue when nobody is arguing she is going to manipulate his body, just rip the moisture out. His LS alone is more than enough to show she couldn’t budge him if he even considered resisting. Nobody is talking about bloodbending rn either (or they shouldn’t be).

Voting for Katara. She's used to fire attacks and has fought a regenerating plant fighter before. Since she has knowledge going into the fight, she'll know that she'll either have to rip all of the water out of him or freeze him when he's in his regenerating puddle form.

How much votes has each Party gotten?
Also Swampfire should be able resist the 'blood manipulation' since he himself can control plants with his mind.
Swampfire should also be able to continously combust his methane even in puddle form.

She won’t even knowledge for her to attempt draining Swampfire.

How much votes has each Party gotten?
Also Swampfire should be able resist the 'blood manipulation' since he himself can control plants with his mind.
Swampfire should also be able to continously combust his methane even in puddle form.

What you said here literally made no sense whatsoever. How does he resist blood bending by controlling plants? The same plants Katara can drain the life of and use against him? Or the fact that Katara can drain Swampfire too.

She won’t even knowledge for her to attempt draining Swampfire.

What you said here literally made no sense whatsoever. How does he resist blood bending by controlling plants? The same plants Katara can drain the life of and use against him? Or the fact that Katara can drain Swampfire too.
Is there any proof that swampfire requires liquid to function?

An alien plant lifeform to be exact. We don't know if Swampfire runs off water or not.

You mean a green plant life that’s probably green due to his chlorophyll. You mean the green earth plant life he manipulates being similar to Swampfire’s body? You mean when Ben broke his arm and turned to Swampfire his broken arm appeared withered lacking water like a natural withered plant?

Yeah Swampfire contains water.

You mean a green plant life that’s probably green due to his chlorophyll. You mean the green earth plant life he manipulates being similar to Swampfire’s body? You mean when Ben broke his arm and turned to Swampfire his broken arm appeared withered lacking water like a natural withered plant?

Yeah Swampfire contains water.
That is Probably green due to chlorophyll
Hm, I don’t remember my plants being sentient and capable of regenerating instantly. Please direct me to the plants which you see doing this, because I’d love to see.
Ah yes, when Ben broke his arm.
I am going to require you to explain to me how Ben breaking his arm in base would translate to swampfire having no water in his arm. We’ve seen swampfire be frozen before, yet he’s still conscious.
Nah Swampfire doesn’t contain water.

Back