• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online: Alicization - Discussion Thread

I stand corrected on Kirito not knowing, but MFTL SAO still won't fly. Their minds were accelerated, not their reactions. They still live relative to the timeline the same way normal people are to normal Earth because the world of UW itself is accelerated along with their minds.

In the wiki, about the Soul Translater, it clearly says that when the mind is accelerated, so is the reactions, let's say that the physical body lives in RW, while the mind and consciousness lives in UW.

The conscious is accelerated, but nowhere is it shown that the reflexes are accelerated as well relative to the timeline of UW.

That is because they are one with this accelerated time while others who are not connected to UW don't feel it. Look at it this way, in the consciousness, the mental reflexes sensualised in UW, it can go with this accelerated times, so yes it is possible that reflexes are accelerated.

No showing of accelerated reflexes to give that MFTL rating, still.

That they are one with the accelerated time makes it so they are still relatively unchanged in their own speed.

Think of it as you being in a moving train. The train may be moving 200mph, but you're still relatively unchanged in your position in the train because you go along with it.

Then imagine that train got a mindset, plugged to this acceleration, only it will move faster, those who are not "plugged in" will not change.

Also think of Pucci's MiH. Only he and non-living objects are one with the acceleration while others don't.

Kirito's mind as it was plugged in UW, as well as the entirity of UW was accelerated at the exact same speed. Kirito will react to everything in that world, as if it was never even accelerated in the first place, as was given in my train example.

No one there was accelerating faster than anything else.

Also, iirc, when Asuna and the others were plugged in, UW was set to slow down to real world speeds until everyone sans Kirito (including the enemies) were logged out.

I don't know who Pucci is.

You don't see the unaccelerated world at all. UW is accelerated until it's slowed, and it was only done so when many people were in it.

Any contact between UW and the real world is done when UW's acceleration is down to normal real world speeds.

That is cos' the seal is shut. The Altar, the very window of this two worlds is destroyed. You cant see whats on the other side. But what if you can?

That makes no sense to me. Care to explain please?

Any interaction done with the real world and UW has been done with the acceleration set to real time.

Only Kirito was really the only one to have been in UW while it was accelerated and he never made contact with the real world while it wasn't real time.

Unless you can provide quotes from the novel that shows that he was interacting with the world while UW was accelerated, then anything else is guesswork.

He could talk to the RW in UW, and looking at what Augma can do, augma vision, greatest assumptions, seems possible and plausible.

Wait this guy didn't get banned?

He's the one who claimed Kirito was 1A on the Admin powers thread.

He could talk to the real world in UW while it was slowed down to real world speeds.

At no point did he communicated with the outside world while accelerated, as even if Kirito himself could process that info, the people in the real world sure as hell couldn't.

Augma, I assume to be the one from the movie? Gotta provide proof that the movie is canon before you proceed any further with that logic.

@Garg1

Idk. Is he? Probably came back, or something.

Gargoyle One Yes, was banned, was a time when I was young yet foolish, probably served a year, tried new account but that was screwed as well, now reformed, gave proper feats, a man who just came out of jail and want a new life.

If the calc is about them being in an accelerated world, then nope, that's not gonna fly.

If you have a calc about Kirito reacting to Fanatio's light beam that I detailed earlier, then you'd have to run that by the calc group in the Calc Evaluations thread before it gets added.

Well, if it's assumptions, then I don't think we can use those. I'll check on it later.

Not losing yet, new ideas.

Well, he could still probably see the real world from inside the UW World, happened at Uniting, everything would probably be slowed down in the real world to such eyes, however was disconnected and soul was ripped before he could do that.

It's all probabilities, you can say likely higher and all, at the very least, and look, you say it wont fly, but do you wanna know how much it flew in my first post?

Keyword being 'probably'. Also, he can't see the real world at all when UW is accelerated. Iirc, Uniting had it slowed down until most of the people who logged in were out again.

First post in your G+? What works in one site is debatable in another. You have to get it accepted by the people here first before it gets added to the profile.

To avoid all of this being forgotten, should I add the abilities and stats for UW Kirito now?

Abilities, yes. Stats however, the trench cut Asuna did that would scale to Kirito (I still have to post the evidence for how they're scalable for that) and the light beam reacting feat have yet to be calced.

Oh, sent a request to some calc members to have the light beam thing calced if possible.

Here's the full quote since I noticed I quoted wrongly the first time, when Kiritor reacted to and fought against Fanatio's light beam. This is the exact post I sent to the calc members (half of it anyway).

- - -

Eugeo stared in terror at the Heaven Piercing Sword gripped in the knight's right hand as it seemed to gradually adjust its angle towards the two of them.

. . . Upon turning his head, his partner continued with a slight smile visible on his bloodstained lips.

"You didn't get this far because you hated integrity knights, right? You wanted to take Alice back, you wanted to meet her again… you're here because you love Alice, right? That feeling definitely won't lose to her justice. I'm the same… I want to protect the people in this world; I want to protect you and Alice and even her over there. So there's no way we can lose to her now… isn't that right, Eugeo?" Kirito's voice was calm despite the desperate situation. The black-clothed swordsman with many mysteries surrounding him nodded once more with a smile and looked forward.

That was the exact moment the Heaven Piercing Sword fired what was likely its final and greatest beam of light.

It was a gigantic spear of light, large enough to fit all of the light rays it fired thus far and more. It was like the Holy Spiritual Light itself, personally thrown by the goddess, Solus, to drive away Darkness God Vector during the world's creation, had swooped to incinerate all that exist.

Kirito's black eyes flared wide open and were gleaming with overwhelming resolve. His voice that recited the final verse was filled with an unwavering determination befitting the dire circumstances.

"Enhance armament!!"

Facing straight ahead, the blade of the black sword pulsed.

Immediately after, strands of darkness flowed out from all over the blade. The pitch-black torrent that seemed to suck in all light rippled, twisted, and entangled within itself. They became a spear, thick enough to wrap one's arms around, in an instant and progressively pushed forward.

Upon straining his eyes, it seemed only the sharpened tip was materialized into a solid, taking on an obsidian-like gleam. He could recall that texture. The gigantic tree Eugeo swung an axe at, day after day. The ┬½demonic tree┬╗ from which that black sword originated—the Gigas Cedar. The moment he recognized it, Eugeo understood the true form behind the full control art Kirito activated.

He had awoken the memories sleeping within the black sword through the art ritual and projected into this location the appearance it could once boast of, that of the gigantic tree that refused to be hacked down over hundreds of years. Of course, its shape and size did not remain the same as then, but its essence was exactly the same.

Tough, sharp, and an overwhelming mass. Its very existence was worthy of becoming an ultimate weapon. Eugeo's heart pounded hard. Immediately—

The huge, pitch-black spear's tip made contact with the huge spear that gathered Solus's light. The explosive shockwave intensely shook the entire grand corridor… possibly the entire Central Cathedral itself.

Perhaps even the giant tree was oppressed by the heat and intensity of the light that went beyond imagination, for it lost its momentum in charging forward. But endless darkness continued to stream out from the black sword in Kirito's hands, trying to spur the spear forward to the bitter end.

- - Sword Art Online Vol.12: Alicization Rising

Here, Kirito was facing Eugeo as he spoke, and the first line in the quoted text shows they're relatively close to each other for them to be hit at the same time by Fanatio's pillar of light. Guesstimates for the angle is to be had though, but assuming the same distance in the first part (50-75 meters) are also in between them and Fanatio now, how fast would Kirito have to turn his head to face the light beam? But since the light beam shot at the same time as Kirito turning, maybe 30 degrees would be a sufficient angle?

Fanatio was shooting trigger happy her light beams everywhere, hence why Kirito had holes on his body that were burned through and cauterized, even through some of his organs (according to Eugeo), but Eugeo was untouched despite being stationary due to being unable to move and trying to keep Fanatio in place with his ice. So really, Eugeo should at least be out of or near Kirito's field of vision when he's facing forward, else Eugeo be hit by the light beams, though I'm thinking he should be behind Kirito entirely. So yeah, low ends abound.

That is also, assuming that Kirito already had his arms raised to shoot his sword into a tentacular set of branches. Oh, and ignoring the fact that Kirito just recited two words in the span of the light beam firing, since speech is free movement no matter the speed in fiction.

I see, well I added the abilities.

While this may not technically be the thread for it, what's up with the Supersonic+ part of their speed? Why not simply Hypersonic?

All these are like all probabilities at this stage. Sigh, he probably could see as the time slowed again, at Uniting, but he was disconnected before he could, and at the climax, right as the acceleration was full round, the connection between UW and RW was severed

This speed came at some conditions it seemed. As I said, even if you are in UW world, in a fictional fight, as long as your mind is not connected, this acceleration is unfounded, yes, that was a real probably indeed.

It is... on hold at the moment. I asked some calcers to look at Kirito's light beam reacting feat and they haven't finished yet.

Cal said he might be able to do it though, so I'm just waiting on that.

Re: AP, no calc yet, but Kirito scales to Asuna's trench feat, which is uncalced yet.

Hmm. Can't remember the exact scene. Can you describe it? Can't check up on the books at the moment.

Fun lil thing, in OBD apparently this Kirito is multi continental and relatvisitic in this version and thus they had to say no Alicization in any new Kirito thread.

But yeah it's legit imo.

Also there's Alcization but no Progressive? ;-;

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Fun lil thing, in OBD apparently this Kirito is multi continental and relatvisitic in this version and thus they had to say no Alicization in any new Kirito thread.
Relativistic is okay, there are a ton of speed feats like that in Alicization, but multi-continental? What the hell? I have to check their reasoning for that one now.

Edit: Okay, OBD wiki doesn't have a Kirito profile, i should have seen that coming. I'll look through their threads later then. I'm actually really curious about this.

Here's the trench feat, the size of the trench and the explanation of the ability:

The silhouette floating in the air stretched out her right arm. She gently swept her delicate hand across. Laa ———————― Resembling a chorus of thousands of angels, an overpowering harmony shook the world. Spectrums of polychromatic light swallowed Vassago. The ground beneath his feet vanished. As he fell into the infinite darkness, Vassago thrust both hands upwards, trying to grab onto the tiny silhouette.

[...]

The Knight Commander Bercouli stood still as he raised his beloved sword. Before him, there yawned an enormous chasm in the earth, over a hundred mel wide. He gazed far towards the horizon to his left and right, but there was no end to be seen. The depth was unpredictable; bits of rock here and there dropped into the abyss, yet no sign of impact against the bottom reached his ears. Tens of seconds ago, this rift in the earth did not exist. From the sky, variegated rays of color had poured down with a grandiose harmony, and as they touched the ground, it began to fracture.

[...]

Accompanying her nearly insane yearning, a stabbing pain racked Asuna's head. She grimaced on reflex, resisting the discomfort. She had been warned about the side effects that would occur with usage of the Ôë¬unlimited landscape alterationÔë½ ability, the administrative authority given to the Stacia account. The area's Mnemonic Data was absurdly large; as the data instantly transferred repeatedly between Asuna's STL and the Main Visualizer, which stored the data of the entire Underworld, her Fluctlight would overload.

Multicontinental probably comes from Kirito flash freezing the entire enemy army across the whole land. That's thousands of players and without even hittng any of his allies.

Progressive is just what SAO should've had before Dengeki got Kawahara on board with his unfinished SAO novel (it was made as a short one-shot for a contest, hence the jump skip to floor 74, prior to being taken in by Dengeki), at least, for the first arc.

I really don't see how flash-freezing 30k armored soldiers could end up at Multi-Continent level. I looked through the OBD threads and the only justification i found was Quinella instantly creating the four walls to separate the Human Empires, but the Human Territory as a whole is not nearly big enough for such a high rating.

Actually it was related to defeating someone who could somehow move four pillars and manipulate a very large area on the Alfheim or something? Quite forgot. Then again that was ages old. Who knows.

Alfheim? It doesn't exist on UW as far as I recall.

Quinella's creation of walls won't be counted as AP unless it was raised from the earth, right? Idk.

Back