• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tai Lung vs Tigress - The Revenge (ONE MORE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Now that revisions are over, I'd like to see how this plays out. Kung Fu Panda 3 missed a massive opportunity imo; Kai had Tai Lung's chi but we never saw a Tigress vs Tai Lung rematch, which is a shame because they're parallels to one another.

This is KFP3 Tigress vs Tai Lung. Battle takes place in the Jade Palace, to keep it interesting.

Who wins and why?

Master Tigress: 1

Tai Lung: 7

Inconclusive:

With moves such as levitation and that chi manipulation, which I'm sure would be some good in a fight, I have a feeling Tigress can take this, especially considering she's at this point been fighting for longer than Tai Lung I'm pretty sure considering he's...in jail? Besides I feel like he'd be shaken up by Tigress's levitation and her new array of abilities.

He might be able to get off a paralysis thing but I doubt Tigress would allow that and could avoid it

Honestly I think skill might be even. Tai Lung mastered 1000 scrolls of kung-fu, and was more of a prodigy than Tigress ever was. However, by KFP3, Tigress is definitely far more skilled than she was in KFP1, when she was a joke to Tai Lung

Yeah, basically Tigress has gone through many experiences and has become a better fighter and improved a lot, perhaps even more than Tai Lung would expect, which would give her a good edge. Besides, Tai Lung is far too overconfident which means he'd likely make a mistake every once and a while which Tigress can capitalize on

I don't think Tigress has grown enough as a fighter at the point she's at when fighting Kai to where she can both match Tai Lung and not get OHKO'ed by pressure points.

Yeah, Tigress definitely grew during the events of the movies after the first, but Tai Lung is still above her.

Imma vote Tigress considering she alrealy has knowledge on Tai Lung, is more skilled then before and should know what to avoid whereas Tai Lung is basically fighting a completely different person.

Tigress has gotten much better than she was when she and the other members of the Five tried fighting Tai Lung the first time, and she's likely retained some prior knowledge of what he was capable of before.

That said...knowing what she's fighting doesn't save her from being paralyzed, and I'm almost positive his combat skill still dwarfs hers even with her advancements. I also think the "he's been in jail" argument doesn't work; even after being imprisoned for 20 years, he managed to escape from his prison with nothing but a goosefeather and his bare hands.

He also beat up Shifu like it wasn't anything. And before someone says "Shifu was distracted", so was Tai Lung.

Barring her abiliies (which btw, versatility didn't save the entire army tasked with keeping him under control), I don't think even her current self has anything that compares to his level of combat skill. Even Po at the end of the first movie only ever won because Tai Lung was distracted with getting the scroll, and the fact that his build and fighting style were a hard-counter for Tai Lung's moves.

Yeah, I think Tai still wins. He should still be more skilled than Tigress, and even with her new moves, I don't think she could beat him by herself before he gets in a pressure point attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back