• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Adhesive Manipulation

Evidence

Rimuru's body is made of slime and he is defined literally calls him a sticky lifeform.... Furthermore, Orc was comparable to him in strength could not remove Rimuru from his body when he was being absorbed as his attacks were being nullified. His slimed body has been described to restrained movement before; an example would be Milim, with a pseudo-core, in a slime body, can trap enemy; the description of her strategy was analogous to being a perfect slime. Also, the pseudo body didn't scale to her tiering statistic.
Reactive Evolution for Rimuru's first key

Case

Next, Illusion Flowers. From this flower you can make Hallucinogens and Bewitching Perfume. The effects of these items are,

Hallucinogens: Used to amplify ÒÇêHypnotism-type MagicÒÇë. Taking it normally will induce hallucinations. Leads to addiction. Bewitching Perfume: Amplifies the effects of ÒÇêHypnotism-type MagicÒÇë by up to 30%. Increases resistance to ÒÇêHypnotism-type MagicÒÇë by up to 30%.

That would be for quality item, of course; normal one would increase the effects by only 20%. What is amplified? The success rate of the skill, the extent of control, and the duration. It is an item coveted by most practitioners of this type of magic. However, addiction is bad. It's probably similar to our world's hallucinogens. Though I doubt they sell it to just anybody. By the way, while I was analyzing the poison, I happened to have acquired some resistance to it. At this rate, I might get a new skill soon. If I harvest and analyze some more poisonous plants, of course. Eating the plant would be a bad idea, but I wouldn't get poisoned if I absorbed it into my stomach. So, I can't die from poison. And since I wouldn't get food poisoning either, I taste tested most dishes during the trip. But I digress.
~ WN Chapter 53​
  • With proper context from Great Sage and his understanding, he can acquire skills - explained in the volume 3

His skills can evolve in battle as it did against Orc Disaster Gerudo (Web Novel), with the support of Great Sage:

With the full support from the [Great Sage] I was able to use the skills to their full potential.
A never before seen optimized form of combat. I can even use [Black Flame Manipulation] now.
Moreover, [Body Armor] had changed into [Full Armor Transformation]. It further strengths my equipment.
Skills I had previously hard time mastering I now easily control with the help from [Great Sage].
~ Chapter 41​
  • Gained resistance to the Holy Barrier effect because his magic was not nullified despited the first barrier doing so:
    • First, Barrier is stated to be a weaker version of the Holy Barrier so it stuff like Power Nullification, etc, but there is a statement magical energy can flow.
The barrier spread around the city put up a resistance. But, holding my left hand in front of me, I absorbed a part of the barrier and thus broke through.
After successfully entering the city I felt the barrier mend behind me.
Inside, the magic concentration has dropped significantly, but magic energy properly flows.
This barrier is clearly inferior to the Holy Barrier used against me.
What a relief…
~ Chapter 67​

I was iffy the energy statement and I think it was a mistranslation so I check and I found a supporting statement stated that the magical energy can't flow:

When Rimuru had gone off to battle, the city split between those who worked to keep up the barrier and those who were on their knees praying.
The former gathered in the center.
Since the barrier dispels magic energy, they worked hard to increase it even a little bit.
Everyone was busy dutifully fulfilling their roles.
~ Chapter 70​

So, two valid statements beat one contradicting one.

Regarding the skill evolution topic, it is quite rare according to Veldora and he expected these to take over thousands of years.

(Good for you, I guess. Skill evolution happens unexpectedly often, right?)

I ask,

(Fool! I didn't expect such a thing to happen for a few thousand years.
Well, since those who've experienced it don't go boasting about it, it's more of a secret than anything.
You have experienced something truly precious!)
~ Chapter 74​
Durability Negation and Intangibility
Durability Negation and Intangibility (Can phase through a body's exterior and interact with a body's insides directly),

Besides the heart, there is no mention of healing the piercing. Myran did not feel anything.

Explosion Manipulation (LN and WN)
First, Rimuru absorbs Ifrit who can Flame Manipulation can create Explosion. In both the LN and WN, Shizue with Ifrit abilities can create an explosion. It is already on Shizue's profile

So, for Rimuru's key:

Ifrit (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken) should also get Explosion Manipulation because it was it flame abilities that enable Explosion Manipulation for Shizue Izawa (Light Novel) and eventually Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel).

Analytical Predictio WN
Rimuru, with the use Great Sage, can predict make predictions of battle outcome

Immortality (Type 1)
Rimuru should have Immortality Type 1. In chapter 83, Rimuru's race is referred to as Òé╣Òâ®ÒéñÒâá ÕªûÚ¡öµùÅ which translated to Slime Yoma-kin. The translation of Rimuru refers to this as a slime race itself; so, this means that Rimuru is a Yoma-kin.

Yoma, in the series, exists and have stated to be half-spirit lifeform like the Yomigaeri who are immortal:

However, there's still Shion's subordinates the folks of Yomigaeri.
They seemed to have turned some half-spirit life forms. Rather than calling them a demon, perhaps it would be more appropriate to call them a Yoma.

It seems that they've evolved into a kind of unique race that resembles spirits.

TN Note: Not spirits as in dead people, but more like spirits as in Tree spirits (Dryads) and Fire Spirits (Ifrit).

They possessed bodies, but their existences were closer to demons.
~ Chapter 162​

So, the supporting pieces of evidence for immortality were that: In chapter 64, Beretta believed living up to a hundred years was a joke to Rimuru. Also, Milim thought Rimuru could qualify as a friend despite her immortality. Milim's concept of time is quite high for an immortal; it is implied that 2-3 years for her is like 2-3 days for her. There supporting evidence from his biology: Rimuru is reborn as a slime that never gets tired and hungry. He doesn't need to breathe, eat and sleep.

Absorb souls

Absorb souls feats

Soul Manipulation needs to be updated, he actually absorbed all the soul in the Harvest festival so it would be added on his profiles.

The feat is in both the Light Novel and Web Novel.

There was no telling what kind of demon would result, but hopefully it wouldn't be a waste of twenty thousand bodies. It was exactly the kind of thing a selfish demon lord would do, I suppose, but it was the thought that counted. I hope.

"Come to me, demon! I have something for you to eat, so…come on up and serve me now!"

I sounded like I was trying to call my dog back from the yard. It was such a hassle to stay conscious that I could barely even pull off the summon correctly. Any demon willing to get summoned with something like that must be one damn curious idiot.

But maybe I shouldn't have let such passing thoughts bother me. In a moment, three demons were there on the field. Just three? And here I thought thirty or so bodies were enough to summon a Greater Demon. Thousands of times that, and three is all I get. Ugh.

Well, at least they're Greater Demons, ranked A-minus. Certainly no trio of monsters to sniff at. Plus, I did kind of pluck the souls out of all these corpses.
~ LN Volume 5, Chapter 4​

Confirming Ranga's answer, as if taking a break, I began gathering my power.
And, startedÒÇêHigh Demon SummoningÒÇëritual.
As an offering, I will use the corpses under my feet.
I had considered eating them, but I doubt there are any useful abilities among them.
The Blood Shadows will have to suffice.
I don't know what kind of demon I will summon, but, considering that it

ÒÇîAy, I await your command, my master!ÒÇì

There he is.
Ranga jumped out from within my shadow.
Without intending to hinder me, but in case something unforeseen happened, he was on standby.
Good,

ÒÇîRanga, gather up this filth and bring them into the city.
Do not kill them.
I am returning there ahead of time, I'll let Youmu know, so hand them over to himÒÇì
ÒÇîWhat about those who have escaped?ÒÇì

I thought for a minute.
Three men escaped. Normally, Ranga would easily be able to win, but they are at least A ranked.
If they work together, it might be dangerous to send Ranga out alone.
But, I have no desire to let them go.

ÒÇîI'll send someone else after them.
Upon capture, I'll leave them at your disposalÒÇì
ÒÇîAy! I live to serve!ÒÇì

Confirming Ranga's answer, as if taking a break, I began gathering my power.
And, startedÒÇêHigh Demon SummoningÒÇëritual.
As an offering, I will use the corpses under my feet.
I had considered eating them, but I doubt there are any useful abilities among them.
The Blood Shadows will have to suffice.
I don't know what kind of demon I will summon, but, considering that it probably won't be able to materialize, as long as it's of some use, I'll be happy.
That is, as long as it can hunt down escaping fools.

ÒÇîI prepared thy meal, come forth, demon.
And serve me!ÒÇì

What appropriate words I now choose!
I wonder if the demons will be satisfied with the offering.
Just as I was thinking that, three demons appeared.
Considering the past Greater Demon, which was rank A-, they are inferior compared to Blood Shadow troops.
With that in mind, I had intended to summon 30 of them, but only managed three.
Hey, hey, are you telling me 15 thousand corpses were worth only this much? Well, I did devour their souls, so maybe…
~ WN: Chapter 70​
More evidence: WN: Clayman explained that a third party which in this case was Rimuru absorb the souls

Rimuru explains the feat as he evolving but he did make the soul feat before he was the process of evolving.

Healing for Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) and Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel)'s first key
He has absorbed a lot Healing grass which is useful for medicines in his stomach and has, as a result, can heal characters from it.

here is a healing feat from the WN

LN: The LN has a similar statement. He can also use the grass content to make medicine and he has a lot of potions stored in his stomach in both the LN and WN

Looks good, for immortality indeed Shion is half-spiritual lifeforms and in her profile already have immortality type 1 because of this.

Yeah, Rimuru's Immortality would also scaled from Shion's immortality since she is a half-spiritual lifeform

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
I agree
Also you should mention about Great Sage being Extraordinary Genius and Raphael at the higher-end of Extraordinary Genius level
Yes. Here is what I came up with:

evidences

Rimuru did calculated with the help of Great Sage all the light positions requirements for Megiddo's attack in both the WN and LN; so, it should be extraordinary genius. He created new filed of physics magic. The calculation and the creation were under extreme pressure so his first key could qualified for Extraordinary Genius. His knowledge of magic and magic science is extremly high and is far above the field of geniu. Great Sage can predict the future from Calculations alone.

WN:

I take inspiration from Hinata's "Disintegration", entrusting 『Great Sage』 to turn it into practical application.
By entrusting all calculation, it was easy to put it into practical use.
I create several hundred thousand floating water droplets in my surroundings.
Far up in the sky, there are several dozen giant floating water droplets

similar to convex lens.
The convex lens shaped water droplets up in the sky receives sunlight and converge it into a thin line, down below the water droplets form reflective mirror array, that is used to converge it more.
The water droplets are created by me with water spirit energy.
Thus the sunlight, that the water droplets reflect, converges to become as thin as a pencil and its temperature reaches thousand degrees.
All the water droplets capture and converge the sunlight energy, this is reflection converging magic.
This is my new magic, <Physics Magic> "God's Wrath (Megiddo)".
(TL: Yup. It's a freaking death ray. It's a Sun gun like Icarus in Die Another Day)(ED: Just freaking call it lazer beam)
At the first simultaneous firing, no less than 1,000 soldiers were vaporized.
Below me, the march became chaotic; God's Wrath (Megiddo) is instilling panic.
Of course this is not the end.
Using the most optimum calculatio, by adjusting the position, the second attack commences.
Not able to resist it more than 1,000 soldiers perish.
This magic has a frightening aspect. That is, the energy cost is low.
The water droplets created by the magic at the final point of the firing, will evaporate and disappear because of the heat, but it's possible to replace them in an instant.
For that reason, I use water spirit magic. The water can be created without using too much energy.
This process can finish under one minute, and then it's possible to fire it again. After all, I only need to replace the water and adjust its position.
And, the magic power is only needed to maintain the water spirit.
The energy source that contributed the most is the symbol of natural energy, The Sun.
The only problem is that it's only usable at daytime, but it's daytime right now.
All problems are cleared, now I can finally clean those people (Trash) below me.
Without any sound the hit comes with the speed of light, not letting the soldiers to resist, they all pierced and burned, it's a massacre.
Soldiers with poor armor, Knights with superior metal armor.
They all killed equally without any differences.
However, I don't aim at a particularly splendid carriage.
It's uncertain if the King gotten in it, but it's impossible for him to remorse if he is killed.
But I'm not that merciful.
The rewards for invoking my imperial wrath, I'll make sure he received it......
Initiating a one-sided fight, only about five minutes, 2/3 of the invading armies were incapacitated. (TL: Killed.....)
It's such a good time........
I'm slowly descending to the ground with my fluttering wing.
To those foolish ones, I will give them further despair.
~ WN: Chapter 69​

The W+Ln profile has the feat.

He read thousands of thousands that would take expert of magic numerous lifetimes to read so that would make Rimuru's one of the smartest characters in his world for his key for the WN and LN profile. The evidences is already present on his Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) and Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)'s profile.

Heunderstood the Ghost Researcher concept which Dwarf and elve's smartest people could not even get it to work and gave up on; this concept was a futuristic technology in the verse. I elaborated the reasons on Ramiris (Web Novel)'s profile, from a prior CRT.

he complained begrudgingly.
Nothing can be done about it now. If I don't kill it, it'll kill me―so I thought back then…

ÒÇîDo you know just how efficient it was?
Earth Spirits manipulated the weight,
Water spirits moved each individual joint,
Fire spirits provided its power,
Wind spirits regulated the temperature.
Combination of many chemical elements. It was the epitome of the genius of the Ghost Researchers…ÒÇì

She's surprisingly persistent.
If I knew it was going to end up like this, I would have eaten it and made a copy. Though I don't know if I could have done so…
But, genius of the Ghost Researchers? Does that have anything to do with Kaijin's story―the one about the "Magic Soldiers" plan the dwarfs had undertaken with the elves?

ÒÇîHey, are you talking about the magic soldiers that the dwarfs and elves have been researching together?ÒÇì
ÒÇîBingo, bingoooo!!!
How did you know! It went wild after they failed to use the heart―the Spirit Magic Circuits!
So, we picked up the shell that they threw out!
Does that make us… geniuses? Are we that amazing?ÒÇì

Annoying, but, yes, amazing.
But, we are talking about Ghost Researchers who employ the power of ghosts, and fairies who are probably an existence close to that of ghosts―in other words, I can accept their proficiency in regards to this question.
~ WN Chapter 62​
Rimuru was able to make a much better improvement to Golem's concept with his his creation that served as a basis for Beretta's body where his methodology far outclasssed what was made by the fairies, in the WN and LN.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. At this level, many are capable of creating futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, and potentially even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations, or outperforming supercomputers. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Hold on, hold on. In the scan of Rimuru eating souls for both the LN, does this mean he has soul manipulation up to 15,000 (WN) and 20,000 (LN)?
Yeah

Besides Extraordinary Genius, everything looks accepted so I will make the changes soon. I will for more inputs before Extraordinary Genius and Antvasima's input on it.

It's important to note that there are souls from unique skill users too in the LN version (Folgen, Kirara, Kyoya) (Shogo's soul was completely rewrited so he doesn't count). This would also scale to Rimuru's resistance since these are the souls that required him to ascend. Plus Rimuru can make new souls with the Secret art of Revival so 20,000 (Including the Unique Skill souls) for the LN is our lowball for now.

Antvasima said the cahnge for extraordinary genius were fine here. It should be fine add; I aimed to added the changes soon.

I was confused by I don't think so since the absorption was not cause by Demon Lord's haki or coercion.

From what I read, all demon bread individual do have soul manipulation at high level though.

By raining mass destruction and absorb large amount of human ÒÇîSoulÒÇì, the ÒÇîDemon Lord BreedÒÇì will awake and undergo an incredibly powerful evolution. The Demon Lords truly worthy of their titles are the awakened, ÒÇîTrue Demon LordÒÇì.
~ LN Volume 7 chapter 3​
It possible that the demon breed individual could absorbs soul after they use their haki to kill their target.

I honestly think that Demon Lord's Haki which works on a 210 scale is a very massive lowball considering that it was Volume 1 Rimuru who did it and there were only 210 people outside the Kingdom at that time since we see that there's no people in the vicinity before the guards exits the kingdom to arrest Rimuru. Let's say that if Veldora was there and unleashes his aura in the Orc Lord Arc, I'm 100% sure those 200,000 Orcs will die minus the Orc Lord himself since he's above A-rank.

The potency is determined by ranks not quantity

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back