• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Resistance to Information Manipulation

In Vol. 1 of Slime's LN, upon gaining magic sense, Rimuru says this:

"The moment I invoked Magic Sense, my brain was filled with new information. A massive amount, something my human brain never could've processed—the waves of light and sound pushing every single tiny particle around—and I processed it all, converting it into perceptible data."
"The thing about human eyesight is that it doesn't give you even a 180-degree view of what's in front of you. Now, all of a sudden, I could "see" a full 360 degrees around myself. The shadows of the rocks around me, the views hundreds of meters away—the moment I turned my attention to it, I could figure out what it was. If I were still human, all this perception data probably would've fried my brain circuits. But now I was a slime. My cells could provide muscle just as easily as brain power."

This scales as Resistence to Data Manipulation. Everyone who has Magic Sense gets this.

It is interesting, in the Wn there is a similar feat for Spiritual Lifeform mentioned from Yuuki's stories [WN: Ch. 132]

Yuuki understood the world's structure with his genius.

First of all, he grasped the principle of summoning in the world and created the Unique Skill 『Summoner[7]』.

After that, from Kazaream's skill, he created the Unique Skill 『Ruler[8]』.

He created the ability after spontaneously comprehending the structure and changing it so that he could use it.'[9']

After that, he would learn the skills he liked from the people he met and acquired a great number of abilities.

Fitting for his status of a genius, he didn't need a lot of time to obtain overwhelming power.

He obtained the Unique Skill Plunderer'[10']from Hinata. Her 『Mathematician』skill wasn't necessary for him. The reason was that his thought speed was better. If it was in the former world, his impossibly quick calculation speed could have burnt his cerebral nerves, but that wasn't an issue in this world.

The reason is that when he was summoned to this world, his entire physical constitution was renewed and changed his body into a type of spirit life-form.
Thus, Yuuki exceeded the limits of this world.

I am not sure if everyone with Magic Sense gets this. It's possible that someone can use Magic Sense but needs to vastly reduce the range to what their brain can accomodate. But it seems like any high-level MonstersMamono and Magic-BorMaji don't have an issue with this. Likewise Otherworlders who got their bodies all "restructured" when transfering over. I am not sure about native humans who became strong by themselves, but right now there isn't anyone with a profile like that anyway.

So as it is right now, I agree. Not sure if the Data Manipulation part is neccessary though, but you are correct that it probably scales, ESCPACIALLY for Rimuru who got a Conceptual Intelligence within himself.

Actually, shouldn't Rimuru get Information Manipulation and Data Manipulation too? Since he and Great Sage messing around with Rimuru's Skills through Gluttony and Degenerate (and later through Beelzbuth, Raphael and Uriel) should be Information Manipulation, no?

But it said that Magic Sense overwhelmed the circuits of the brain with so much information and data that it would fry them. Given the fact that it's such a common skill, I believe they should get it. I think Data Manipulation scales, because the info is turned into data.

Also, yeah, I'd agree with that logic.

Well... "common" skill might be a bit much. There is literally the term "Common Skill" for actual common skills, but Magic Sense is not one of them, but instead it's an "Extra Skill" which are described as "Skills with power and efficiency magnitudes higher than those of Common Skills."

It's just that the audience's perspective is scewed from mostly following the perspectives of A rank monsters or higher. In human nations Skills by themselves are actually rather rare and they instead use mostly Arts that can only be obtained by constant training and hard work.

Most Humans have rather low magicule amounts and even mages use magicules in the atmosphere or from magic stones for spells rather than internal reserves. The reason is that magicules are "demonic" in nature and if you aren't a non-human species or an Otherworlder with high capacity (like Shizu's students), then rising your magicule level somehow will likely turn you into a Magic-BorMaji that's shunned by society and you might perhaps even lose your mind if your mind can't handle it. You can see that from how Shizu was afraid that everyone would hate her just from being a pseudo-majin from being possessed by an ElementalSpirit. She wasn't a complete Magic-BorMaji yet based on what Leon told us, as according to him, the reason Shizu died from "old age" is that she rejected becoming a Magic-BorMaji and remained as a human instead.

But I guess that doesn't really matter right now until we start adding profiles of weaker individuals that are below at least A-Minus rank. I'll make a blog post later that will address the ranks below A-rank.

Yes he should and in the first keys each. Shizue as well, now that I think about it, since Deviant comes from her.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
In Vol. 1 of Slime's LN, upon gaining magic sense, Rimuru says this:
"The moment I invoked Magic Sense, my brain was filled with new information. A massive amount, something my human brain never could've processed—the waves of light and sound pushing every single tiny particle around—and I processed it all, converting it into perceptible data."
"The thing about human eyesight is that it doesn't give you even a 180-degree view of what's in front of you. Now, all of a sudden, I could "see" a full 360 degrees around myself. The shadows of the rocks around me, the views hundreds of meters away—the moment I turned my attention to it, I could figure out what it was. If I were still human, all this perception data probably would've fried my brain circuits. But now I was a slime. My cells could provide muscle just as easily as brain power."

This scales as Resistence to Data Manipulation. Everyone who has Magic Sense gets this.
Nevermind, it also scaled to the WN version. Wn. Chapter 3 so all characters with Margic erception should have the resistance.

The moment I had activate the Extra Skill『Magic Power Perception』, my mind was filled with information.
Never, even when I was a human, had I processed that much information at once.
Little by little, magic essence moving along―waves of light and sound.
Having grasped all of the incoming information, I convert it into one I can understand.
When I was a human, the front field of vision wasn't even 180 degrees.

And right now, I can "see" 360 degrees all around me, without a blind spot.

The boulder's shadow or the scenery 100 meters away: if I direct my consciousness there, I can see it.
If a human's mind was filled with that much information… it just might fry and went crazy.
But, I am a slime. Every one of my cells is a muscle and a brain cell!
I can definitely manage this much.
And so…

《Linking Extra Skill『Magic Power Perception』 and Unique Skill『Great Sage』… Succeeded.》

Oh, well shit. Looks like LN & WN wariants are getting that.

But only the LN should get Resistence to Data Manipulation, since it explicitly mentions it turning into data.

But in the WN, it states "it just might fry and went crazy". Would that also double as a Resistence to Madness Manipulation (Type 3, likely).

Milly Rocking Bandit, WN used the word Information rather than data. In context, information would closely mean data.

I'm aware. I'm saying that the LN should get Resistence to Data & Information Manipulation, whilst the WN should only get the latter.

I'm not sure about resistance to madness manip, as rimuru isn't going 'crazy' because he can specifically handle the information being spammed into his brain.

resistance to data manip seems redundant to me.

He said that if he were human, and were to take in that much information his mind would go crazy and shut down.

It's because he has his slime body he can easily handle that much information.

As for data, yes, it might be, but it is stated in text.

Yeah, madness is a consequential result of being incapable of taking in that much information from what I see, would a consequential result of something he can resist really qualify for madness manip resistance?

Does it really matter? Isn't it already covered by Great Sage "protecting Rimuru's psyche" anyway? And Rimuru should probably have Perfect Memory's "memories saved within the soul" aspect, so he should have Immunity to Mind Manipulation for the second key, though that'd might require a CRT of its own.

But he doesn't actually resist "madness". What he resists is getting his brain crippled and any "possible disorders stemming from that", not to mention he got self-Regenerationn as a Slime anyway. It's basically only resistance against "brain overload", i.e. the same thing as the LN.

From an "overload" of information and in his case it gets prevented because his mind does NOT "overload". This does not imply that someone with madness inducement magic that directly affects the mind would not be able to affect Rimuru. In the first place Slime's are mindless instinctive creatures in the first place and Rimuru uses the Slime's all-purpose cells as a substitute for any bodyily functions he'd normally need, so depending on how madness magic functions, it might still work... if he didn't have Great Sage that is.

Actually for all we know he wouldn't even be able to think clearly without having Great Sage and would instead just devolve into a normal Slime, though at least he'd still have his pre-reincarnation memories since those were burned into his soul.

But I'm saying that it's the fact that he was able to have an intelligent conversation with Veldora, and he even compliments this, and was able to use magic sense without going crazy.

Because of aforementioned resistance to information manipulation. The difference is about having the physical capacity that would otherwise cause "brain damage". Defending against THIS specific type of madness inducement by itself is only a side-effect and nothing else. And Madness Inducement used by any characters usually works completely differently. I am not aware of any cases where madness inducements is caused by literally frying the brain. If they could do that, they could usually just fry the brain and kill the individual to begin with. It's not really a resistance if he can only resist doing that damage to himself.

And to substuantiate the Resistance issue: Skills are stored in the soul and Rimuru could not influence the Skills within the souls of others with his Shapeshifter(WN)/Deviant(LN) Skill, so there's that too.

What about Information Manipulation/Data Manipulation (not the resistance to that this time) for Rimuru (both versions) and possibly Shizue? I heard some agreements and no objections to that so far, so how should this continue? Can this also be accepted right here?

Or should I make a new CRT for that issue?

Skils Creation and Rimuru's ability like Creation when he created the Weapons Kajit for and from the infomation what absorb/ or analyze could falls under information manipulation

Celestial Pegasus said:
I am not sure how that is info manipulation.
Power Mimicry, Creation, Information Analysis is based on informations he acquire. In Chapter 191 Wn at least, it is stated that Information is stored. He also used his information to acquired ressitance to ability like he did for Hinata's soul manipulation- Yes, it usage can fall under reactive evolution. For LN Rimuru, i.e: him creating swords, it is pretty much implied the information is acquired also. Also, Wn Rimuru has the same sword creaton feat also: https://www.readlightnovel.org/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-wn/chapter-17

Skill Creation... Information that has been gathered by『Food Chain』and『Analysis』, are used to create new skills. Skill Duplication... The ability to make copies of obtained skills. Skill Gifting... The ability to grant the copied skills onto the target. Can also remove the granted skills. Skill Bank... Turns skills that have been obtained into information and stores them, able to reproduce the skills at any time.

Turning the hefty amount of skills that have been consumed into information, it's now all stored nicely.

Back