• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Resistance to Information Manipulation

Celestial Pegasus said:
It's alright for wn rimuru then don't know why shizue was brought up though.
Alright, I could make the edits for Rimuru; I am also not sure for Shizue.

test

EDIT: it's strange. I can't post my response. It gives me an error message, when I copy it in, but typing anything else seeems to be fine.

EDIT2: fixed. LN quote had the word "b*tch" in it and wouldn't let me post it until I modified it. It didn't even tell me what the issue was until I "discovered" it by myself...

Skills are "inscribed" into the soul. It's safe to say that Rimuru and Great Sage modifying his own and his subordinates' information through his Skills like Shapeshifter/Deviant and Glutton is literally manipulation of the information etched onto the soul. It's not soul manipulation for the simple reason that it can't really affect the soul of others without already having access to it via a Soul Corridor, not even if the individual in question is willing, as seen in the case of the excess energy of Shizue's students. But Rimuru could also, for example, not only combine lesser spirits into a combined greater spirit, but also "reprogram" the spirit afterwards to have an artificial personality on the basis of Ifrit.

Furthermore Great Sage could take the memories from Rimuru's previous live (which are stated to be burned into his soul during the reincarnation process) and convert that into pure information that's comparable to photographic memory and can access them better than Mikami Satoru's original brain could. And from this information Great Sage can not only project them into someone else in real time (when interacting with Shizue) but also "print" them in manga form (Yuuki and Shizue's students).

Finally there's proof that Great Sage is constantly filtering/converting the information from Magic Sense and sending the "edited" version to Rimuru:

Linking extra skill [Magical Perception] and unique skill [Great Sage]... complete.

My field of vision cleared up. Moreover, I was not attacked by a burning pain in my brain. That I wasn't able to do this until now is strange in itself, this is an obvious form of "vision". [Great Sage] just might be a cheat. That certainly is not an overstatement. If others held it, I would certainly be crying foul. But the one possessing it, is me. So there's no problem.
~ WN chapter 3​

Synchronizing extra skill Magic Sense with unique skill Great Sage... Successful. All information will now be managed by Great Sage.

Suddenly, my vision opened up. The brain-searing sensation from before was gone, and then I could see—so clearly that it was a wonder I wasn't able to do it before. Something told me that having the Sage at my side was almost cheating. It wouldn't be going too far to put it that way. If someone else had it, I'd probably b*tch that it was against the rules. Since I had it, though... No problem.
~ LN volume 1​
I mentioned Shizue as a "maybe" for also having the Shapeshifter/Deviant Skill, which is a critically important part of some feats for information manipulation. It depends whether for Rimuru it's accepted for having Shapeshifter/Deviant alone, or only for having the combination of Shapeshifter/Deviant and Great Sage and perhaps also Glutton. If it's the former then Shizue would scale. If it's the latter or completely denied for some reason, then Shizue would obviously not scale.

EDIT: Seems the LN text had a "banned word" namely "b*tch" in it. For some reason the system just told me "error" instead of telling me it's for swear words... would have been nice if it told me that.

Oh yeah about that, apparently you can't directly use swear words unless you use asterisk's for it.

If you kept getting an error system or something of that sort, that's pretty much telling you that you can't use that word or any other.

It didn't tell me why the post was rejected. I didn't even knew that it was something about the content itself (instead of some sort of connection problem on my or the vsbattle-wiki side) until I made a "test" post. Seems like someone forgot to add that information in.

Or maybe it was because in my case the swear word was wrapped in a quote template?

What it said was along the lines of "an error occured, please try again later".

Pretty sure I get something like that everytime I put in words like shit or something.

Could be wrong or that's how it is even though it's kinda off putting to not have an explicit warning or such to let other users know. (Shrugs)

Would appreciate if someone addressed this:

NeoSuperior said:
Skills are "inscribed" into the soul. It's safe to say that Rimuru and Great Sage modifying his own and his subordinates' information through his Skills like Shapeshifter/Deviant and Glutton is literally manipulation of the information etched onto the soul. It's not soul manipulation for the simple reason that it can't really affect the soul of others without already having access to it via a Soul Corridor, not even if the individual in question is willing, as seen in the case of the excess energy of Shizue's students. But Rimuru could also, for example, not only combine lesser spirits into a combined greater spirit, but also "reprogram" the spirit afterwards to have an artificial personality on the basis of Ifrit.

Furthermore Great Sage could take the memories from Rimuru's previous live (which are stated to be burned into his soul during the reincarnation process) and convert that into pure information that's comparable to photographic memory and can access them better than Mikami Satoru's original brain could. And from this information Great Sage can not only project them into someone else in real time (when interacting with Shizue) but also "print" them in manga form (Yuuki and Shizue's students).

Finally there's proof that Great Sage is constantly filtering/converting the information from Magic Sense and sending the "edited" version to Rimuru:

Back