• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (Spoilers?) Weaknesses

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Before people on this wiki start going "infinity stones gg"

Thanos's kills:

Vision - physical strength

Loki - physical strength

Gamora - cliff

He hasn't used a single stone to kill people. It's aided him in combat versatility, but even the avengers and guardians of the galaxy have survived Thanos using the stones, which are usually space (used for teleporting and grabbing the moon), reality (used to show old Titan and throw scrap metal at Tony), and power (energy blasts).

He's only used all stones to snap half the universe away.

Also he shows major CIS with his abilities. His injuries by Thor could've easily been undone. And general lack of using his stones' potential.

I agree it's not in character for him to kill with the stones. He only killed when thor nearly slaughtered him via finger snap lol :p.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Agreed, I don't recall Thanos killing anyone while fighting with the stones.
I wonder who is exempt from his finger snap, celestials? Other gods?

What do you specifically want to change in his profile?

Just add those weaknesses so people don't think he does literally everything listed there.

I think this is a bit unfair.

The GotG gang was warped hard by the Reality Stone to the point of incapacitation. If Thanos wanted to kill them he could have walked over and killed them even if the Stone itself couldn't (which I doubt).

The Space Stone was used to throw debris I think.

But yes, he doesn't just instahax in-character. He is a brawler and, as Ebony Maw stated, enjoys fighting. I think if he was pushed, however, he would hax someone out.

Still, the Stones being used to enhance combat is still potent. Not only did he teleport with the Space Stone, he also pulled the battlefield's space together to use an effectively inescapable gap closer against Doctor Strange.

@Ant and Assalt

It's not unfair. I'm saying he mainly uses 3 stones, space, reality, and power, with the methods listed above. With his complete gauntlet, he's never used (besides in conjunction), the mind or soul stone, and he only used the time stone to reverse the destruction of the mind stone. We can't assume he can use the time stone in combat like Strange does, for example.

@UMR

I agree Soul and Mind can't be used in a debate. Time, however, can. When things didn't go his way, he rewound time. I guarantee you if things weren't going his way in combat, he'd rewind time just like he did to restore Vision.

He used the six stones immediately for a combined rainbow energy blast against Thor and he uses mainly 3 because those are the one he has for 90% of the movie and they are the most useful.

Soul Stone isn't that useful to him, and Time / Mind stone he had for like 3 minutes of screentime.

Saying that he never uses is unfair because he hasn't gotten a chance to show his power with them.

Well, I suppose that you could add "Inexperienced with using some of the gems" to his profile if you wish.

Thanos' used the Space Stone to:

• Float
  • Portal Creation
  • Telekinesis
  • Break out of Dimensional Barriers
  • Create a black hole thingy

Also the Reality Stone isn't illusions, it's more like there is no difference between reality and illusion with it. He outright says that reality is what he wishes it to be.

@Matt

Then why not just keep Titan the way it was before? If he truly had that kind of power the movie is over instantly.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Matt
Then why not just keep Titan the way it was before? If he truly had that kind of power the movie is over instantly.
The effects seem to wear off when he leaves or diverts his attention to something else. Drax and Mantis came back immediately after he teleported off of Knowhere.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He could have one-shot all of the Avengers like he did with Drax and Mantis.
But he wanted to fight like how he wanted to fight Hulk. This can't be said for reviving Titan. His power must be limited in some way other than "reality is what I want."

Also i dont know if this is added but i think there was an article claiming the gauntlet damaged Thanos' arm (BIG weakness)

@Hellbeast

Thanos is completely undamaged at the end of the movie. The Gauntlet heals his chest wound and certainly doesn't harm is arm.

Assaltwaffle said:
@UMR
I agree Soul and Mind can't be used in a debate. Time, however, can. When things didn't go his way, he rewound time. I guarantee you if things weren't going his way in combat, he'd rewind time just like he did to restore Vision.
I mean with this argument he could've undid Thor's damage but he limped his way to the end of the movie instead

@UMR

He didn't limp though. His chest wound was absent and he walked normally, if I am remembering correctly. If he didn't undo Thor's damage he was dead.

@Hellbeast

It may be true, but it is best to wait until Avengers 4. Also I don't think breaking your arm matters much if you can just snap to disintegrate your target.

@UMR

He is on screen for 10 seconds after he snaps and his visible wounds are gone. What makes you say this? He could merely be tired/overwhelmed. Physically he looks undamaged.

Who limps when they're tired? He's very much still hurt. Also his gauntlet still looked extremely disfigured/rusty (don't know if it's related).

And the point isn't to say he doesn't use his stones. He uses the reality stone to transform the giant block of metal into a stream of directed shrapnel at Tony, uses it to turn the fodder GoTG into meat cubes, and transforms reality into old titan. He uses the space stone for portals, grab the moon, etc. Power stone for energy blasts capable of shattering dimensional portals, or destroying planets as we've seen with the celestial.

He hasn't turned any top tier fighters into cubes, he's mainly used the space and power stone + physical strength to fight them. He doesn't "instahax GG" anybody in character.

I agree with Rice, in the movie he mostly tried to brawl people 1st and rarely used the stones in combat. If he does it's usually the power stone.

I read that it was stated in an interview with the Infinity War writers that Thanos's arm was severely damaged from using the Gauntlet to wipe out half of the universe.

He was hurt in the end, but it wasn't the chest wound. It was his arm that was already angry red upon having all the stones, and the gauntlet after use was fried to the point of bubbling while on his hand.

Back