• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

April 21st, 8:06 AM

amburrrc09 asked: do you think of what the teaser images that glitch posts on their socials are, or is it someone else?

GW: Those are mostly by the marketing team.

April 21st, 7:28 AM

aafiyaaaaaaaaaaaa asked: Is there going to be a musical in TADC??

GW: There are going to be instrumental musical sequences like the one at the end of the pilot, but no actual singing.

(RIP Broadway Force?)

April 21st, 7:28 AM

In the linked image, GW depicts Jax as having knowledge of Peter Griffin's Wikipedia article. Or at least, one for a pilot pitch version, I think?

April 21st, 4:46 AM

spiritxxd asked: Hey gooseworx, Why can’t you work on one of your other shows at the same time as TADC?(this seems like a stupid question to ask)

GW: Because writing and directing TADC is a lot of work and required my constant attention.

(Required? Past tense?)

April 21st, 4:44 AM

themarshmush asked: wait, i'm confused. i see people calling the first of the upcoming episodes 'episode 2', but is it really episode 2 or episode 1? is the pilot episode 1 or episode 0/not an episode at all?

GW: It's episode 2

(Pilot is canon?)

April 21st, 4:42 AM

gestordd asked: If someone had the chance to just straight up punch Caine in the face, who would it be?

GW: Pomni or Zooble

April 21st, 4:37 AM

danny2xpng asked: What u tried to say when u said "I feel like I should preemptively apologize to the bunny doll shippers..." I NEED TO KNOW.

GW: You'll have to wait and see.

April 21st, 4:36 AM

April 21st, 4:34 AM

candyglumboy asked: What happened to Pomni's arm????

GW: it's fine, don't worry.

April 21st, 4:30 AM

drowninginfelines asked: hi, goose! how excited are you to see the overall reception to episode 2? any reactions in particular youre hoping for?

GW: I hope I wrote it good

(GW wrote episode 2?)

April 21st, 4:28 AM

ladymiraclewings asked: How many cultural references Episode 2 will have (besides of the Pizza Tower taunts or mad max ) ?

GW: I mean, that's not explicitly a Pizza Tower reference as much as it's just a reference to doing tricks in games.

April 21st, 4:25 AM

sherclockmolmes asked: Why does caine keep teleporting everyone in random places

GW: he's insane

April 21st, 4:24 AM

April 21st, 4:23 AM

thelambxd asked: Has Caine called the circus characters (as in the entire main cast) any incredibly stupid nicknames?

GW: Oh you have no idea

April 21st, 4:19 AM

April 21st, 4:18 AM

April 21st, 4:11 AM

nyopao asked: What do you think abt your project after everyone making cringe stuff abt it

GW: I hope I can eventually reclaim it.

April 21st, 4:07 AM

April 21st, 4:06 AM

April 21st, 4:04 AM

loveevery1ne asked: Why doesn’t zooble like to go on adventures

GW: Have you seen these adventures?

April 21st, 4:04 AM

almadash asked: Do you have a favorite scene from the trailer?

GW: It's one I haven't seen a lot of people talk about, but it's a really important one.

("Important", how, exactly, Gooseworx...?)

April 21st, 4:02 AM

April 21st, 4:00 AM

April 21st, 3:58 AM

trans-rockstar asked: have you watched smiling friends🙏🙏🙏
(i'm so normal)

GW: I love Smiling Friends

April 21st, 3:56 AM

April 17th, 10:20 AM

wondercircus-official asked: Give us one fact about Gangle please

GW: Alas, I've given you all the fun facts that aren't spoilers about her.
Just know that every thing you need to know will be provided in the show itself.

April 17th, 10:16 AM

April 17th, 10:14 AM

April 17th, 9:54 AM

nastasiasono asked: What is the connection between you and Zooble? (Aside from triangle heads)

GW: Aside from the triangle head, Zooble and I have nothing really in common. And I don't even have a triangle head in real life.

April 17th, 9:53 AM

charmedoralarmed asked: are there going to be any british characters

GW: only Aussies

April 17th, 7:56 AM

GW: Just a very gentle reminder that you don't need to send the same ask multiple times. I'm pretty selective with what I answer, so I apologize if I don't answer your question, but I do see them. All of them.

That's everything from April so far. Might try to go over more later.

Also, I really hate Tumblr's stupid-looking login frog wall thing.

March 21st, 11:12 PM

cecilimier asked: Do you intend to make a crossover of your series with some other famous series?

GW: There's comedic potential in that idea.

March 21st, 11:09 AM

clairetimes asked: Does Kinger actually have an interest in bugs or was the whole "insect collection" thing meant to be a simple joke?

GW: You'll have to wait and see.

March 21st, 11:09 PM

cochinitapibil8 asked: Goose,will jax wear the maid outfit in show?
And which episode are you most excited for to release?🤩

GW: I can't disclose that...
I'm excited for 3.

March 21st, 11:48 PM

gooberdingus asked: do you have headcanons about your own characters that you cant reasonably include in the story?

GW: A few yeah. And you'll NEVER hear them!

March 21st, 10:47 PM

stickylittlewords asked: will gangle be allowed to have happiness for more than a few minutes?

GW: There's a whole episode about that question.

(Poor Gangle....)

March 21st, 10:47 PM

grey-cores asked: Is it okay with you if I project all my personal issues onto the rabbit man in my fan art?

GW: I mean, that's what I do.

March 21st, 10:46 PM

toxipoky asked: I have a question, is Caine capable of going out into the real world and transforming others into stuffed animals like he does in the YouTube videos?

GW: He's just code, so no.

(Caine confirmed to be "just code"!)

March 21st, 10:44 PM

riderthehenshin asked: what is the aproximate weight of cain's sins

GW: hehehe...

(It's intrigueing that GW finds this funny.)

March 21st, 10:44 PM

March 21st, 10:41 PM

theentertainers asked: Who out of the new characters do you think the audience will find the most entertaining??

GW: I have a feeling people are going to like Gummigoo.
Just a hunch.

March 21st, 10:37 PM

azulis-07 asked: How would you describe pomni and jax's relantioship in a nutshell

GW: messy

March 21st, 10:36 PM

March 21st, 10:36 PM

smalltadcandfnafaddict asked: When do you suspect the next episode will be?

GW: Sometime after Murder Drones

(Kind of old news, but still.)

March 21st, 10:32 PM

March 21st, 10:28 PM

danielartz123 asked: I don’t know if you will respond to this but I do have a question

Does Caine/Bubble have their own room or do they just sleep wherever they want around the digital circus?

(Or do they just not sleep at all and wait around till it’s day time-)

GW: Bubble lives in Caine's hat

(Well, this is probably gonna be interesting for any Bubble &/or Caine profiles....)

serenedeer-deactivated20240330 asked: People are calling the new episode the 2nd episode…. WHY?

GW: because it's the second episode

(A little redundant, I suppose.)

silverr445 asked: Whats a tadc theory you've seen that was so wrong its funny?

GW: Anything by by those theory farm videos.

(Skeptical of this, personally.)

March 21st, 10:26 PM

drowninginfelines asked: please tell me every character will curse multiple times or at least once i legit think the censored cursing is so funny

GW: Every character curses at least once except for Jax and Gangle I think.

(This both surprises & disappoints me.)

March 21st, 10:21 PM

longshrimp asked: Why are you making two really sad episodes :(

GW: because I like sad things

March 21st, 10:20 PM

ajaxthewolfie asked: are you going to make me cry with following episodes

GW: hopefully

March 21st, 10:19 PM
shirley-fizz-grenadine asked: are you scared about how big digital circus has gotten?

GW: yea

March 21st, 10:10 PM
testedcatdraws asked: What does jax do in his freetime?

GW: you don't wanna know...

paintingzz asked: Do you miss the days where you wernt only known for digital circus ?

GW: a little, yeah.

March 21st, 10:09 PM
lambofregress asked: GOOSEWORX!!! Since digital circus is so popular, would you make another show? Love you work btw!! (My little runmo painting stares happily)

GW: I'd love to make another show when this one is done.

stingermach asked: it is like. Everyone asks you about the series, but no one asks, how is Goose, how was your day, Goose.

GW: Very busy

cm32maker asked: How many lines does the Sun have now?

GW: two, but now the moon has three

March 21st, 8:41 PM

daxteebam asked: And last question

Are you ready to break the internet again with the release of the second episode of the show?

(Link to GW's image response here.)

March 9th, 3:30 AM
denny-artsss asked: Wich episode do you think will be the saddest and most miserable out of them all?

GW: There are two strong contenders, but I'm not gonna say which ones.

March 7th, 1:27 AM
ienjoydifferentfandoms asked: Hey Goose! Hope you're doing well :) Question: why does Pomni look at Caine like that at the end of the pilot? Like before Caine announces their supper?

GW: Because she's furious at him.

(Potentially useful clarification. Also, nice to know that even then, Pomni was more than just nervousness.)

BTW, episode 2 premieres in about 1 hour from now, so I advise getting ready for that.

Just checked the live premiere. at the time I'm typing this, it has over 32,000 waiting, & over 225,000 Likes.

If even a QUARTER of that many people are Liking it, an hour before it Premieres, that's over 900,000 Views.

& in my experience, YT videos tend to get far fewer Likes per Views than 1 like per 4 Views, so the actual Viewcount is probably higher, lol.

Pardon all my yammering, please.

March 7th, 1:08 AM

spiritbeereblogs asked: Can we have a random fact about Gummigoo please?? He seems interesting

GW: I don't think you guys are truly ready for him.

March 7th, 1:05 AM
cochinitapibil8 asked: Gooseworx,why are jax's overrals so low?

Btw I love your content :),hopefully after tadc you have time to do other projects you wish to finish

GW: because I drew him that way when I designed him.

March 7th, 1:04 AM
floxiewolf122 asked: Say one fact about Kinger

GW: no

(Does Gooseworx not like Kinger? Or are there secrets to keep?)

March 7th, 12:47 AM
insane-alastor asked: What do you mean when you say dc isn't going to be suitable for younger audiences? Does that mean it's going to show a lot of rather violent themes or does it mean something else?

I'm curious bc I have a younger sibling who likes it btw

GW: It's just going to be really miserable and sad and kind of uncomfortable at times.

March 7th, 12:46 AM
secretmelodia asked: is jax the type of guy who's an absolute beast at sports or is be the type of guy to say that he is when in reality he sucks

GW: definitely the second one.

(Anyone remember that bowling scene with Jax?)

March 7th, 12:45 AM

grey-cores asked: How many undiagnosed disorders does Jax have

GW: many

incoisaradio asked: Why is Pomni's iconic unicorn horn not in the Pilot?

GW: it's too iconic.

(Gooseworx wants Pomni to be forgettable, thinks she's iconic enough already... or is joking, lol.)

dark-tails asked: Will we ever know why Jax is afraid of corn?

GW: well it's possible

March 7th, 12:44 AM
polaroid-steam-room asked: Everyone’s all asking bout what ships will be in TADC and whatnot but what I wanna know what ships do YOU like that some people have done, at least from your amusement comment on BlueTooth (moon x Caine) haha

GW: I don't feel like I'm allowed to answer this without people running wild with it as canon.

Match 7th, 12:39 AM

lachievpoststhings asked: If there was to be an official TADC DVD (yes, I said DVD, Blu-Ray is overrated), what features would you like to see on it?

GW: A DVD menu with Caine talking to you like this.

March 4th, 7:53 AM

123ruonhumanshi asked: so,how does Caine makes his circus happening? I mean he is the ringmaster so he organizes everything right. Especially,the circus adventures.
https://www.tumblr.com/gooseworx/744024211923910656/sohow-does-caine-makes-his-circus-happening-i
GW: Similar to me, his mind is always buzzing with terrible ideas.

(Potential intelligence/insanity feat for Caine??)

March 4th, 7:43 AM
secretmelodia asked: are the main 6 of the cast gonna be working minimum wage? or is it just jax?

GW: You'll have to wait and see

March 4th, 7:42 AM
secretmelodia asked: approximately how many different outfits are there planned for each of the characters on their adventures?

GW: Most of the outfit changes happen in one particular episode.

March 4th, 7:16 AM
secretmelodia asked: how often does caine pop into people's rooms out of nowhere?

GW: Enough to be a constant looming threat to everyone's privacy.

March 4th, 7:06 AM

March 4th, 6:40 AM
vian-panqueque asked: What else did you lied about?

GW: Gangle being able to walk on water during a full moon.

(This makes me so angry, perhaps unreasonably so.)

March 4th, 6:39 AM
ciderjacks asked: Weird question but does Ragatha and Jax being similar/based on(?) Raggedy Ann & Andy have any significance like within their relationship? Or is it just a funny easter egg

GW: Everything I do that's a reference to something else is just a funny easter egg.

(GW denies the resemblance has any significance. Interesting.)

Pardon me going just a bit crazy right now.
Gonna try to focus on just getting ready to watch the new episode & such for now.

Yo, the new ep was fire! Ngl I 100% knew Gummygoo was gonna get killed but it still caught me off guard lol.
Ye, was expected, but still a little surprising.

My thoughts on the episode:

Jax was insufferable.
As expected, Gangle's happy mask breaking early & being only briefly visible seems to be the trend.
Contrary to GW's statement, I was ready for Gummigoo, & didn't really feel for him. He's another "AI goes beyond its purpose" character, even if his end was nonstandard for that archetype.

Pomni got a new elasticity feat, maybe also something via tensile strength? Her torso size also seems to be able to change.
Should Jax get the bazooka as optional equipment?
More evidence for Ragatha's Type 2 Immortality, with her being impaled & getting lots of knives in her.
Jax yet again stole a key from Ragatha without her initial notice. Somehow.
Kinger has an oddly good memory.
IDK if being inside & whatnot & where they landed affected it, but Pomni was in the bus & survived after it re-entered the map.
Considering Kinger's statement & recalling GW's fondness for such things, I wonder if we're gonna get a blob-like monster every episode. I hope not. Speaking of, this one apparently regenerated.

Shoutouts to Kaufmo, based on what I've read GW say about how he would've been, I think he would've been nice. AtM, I wouldn't have minded having him instead of Jax.
Also, Jax didn't attend Kaufmo's funeral. Shame on Jax!

Caine got an AP feat for seemingly disintegrating/vaporizing(?) Gummigoo with a snap. He's a person-sized gator made of... gummy candy, so might yield good results, right?
I recall reading that aside from head & torso (Which I don't like but okay.), Zooble's other parts will differ from ep to ep. Haven't checked that yet.
I guess Gangle has driving skills.
I wonder if Pomni snapping that giant lollipop would have a good yield if someone calced it?
Speaking of, isn't it implied she survived the fall, too? Though, AFAIK, the fall seemed... decelerated when we saw it with Gummigoo, at least.
Based on the bandit's dialogue, syrup seems to have medicinal or healing properties, at least to those NPCs. Caine made a truck full of it that he kept down & in storage, so that's some kind of feat. Creation? Healing? Technology Manipulation? Organic Manipulation? Not sure.
Also, the wheels for it were block down below the map. They became regular wheels when back to the surface, right?
This also seems to be the 2nd time we've had an "outside the map"-like area. Are they going to do that a lot?

Me watching the ep | Me watching the final part
One Thing, Two Reactions Meme Generator - Imgflip

NGL, caught me off guard.

I just finished watching the episode. While I was watching the episode, I took note of new information about Caine's capabilities. I decided to exclude things like more examples of elasticity and teleportation, since it's annoying to keep track of all that when that isn't important.

Also, wasn't their fall while in a vehicle?
Frustratingly, this may mean some of the force was absorbed by the vehicle, reducing the result they'd scale to, no?
& also, as I said earlier, they may've been decelerated when falling below the map.

Jax yet again stole a key from Ragatha without her initial notice. Somehow.
It looks like Jax has stealth mastery.
Caine got an AP feat for seemingly disintegrating/vaporizing(?) Gummigoo with a snap. He's a person-sized gator made of... gummy candy, so might yield good results, right?
I think it's death manipulation. Gummigoo disappearing upon death looks like a pre-determined death animation to me. Caine should be able to kill any of his NPCs with a snap, because their his to control in any way he wants to, so calculating the energy behind Gummigoo's death in particular would probably be a waste of effort and it makes Caine seem more limited than he really is.

I think it's death manipulation. Gummigoo disappearing upon death looks like a pre-determined death animation to me. Caine should be able to kill any of his NPCs with a snap, because their his to control in any way he wants to, so calculating the energy behind Gummigoo's death in particular would probably be a waste of effort and it makes Caine seem more limited than he really is.
Wouldn't that be also Deconstruction or Transmutation since y'know... Gummigoo combusted into confetti?

One thing I noticed just now is there's a stained glass likeness of Caine in the Candy Canyon Kingdom. & also before that, there's signs at the gate warning about the monster they wanted to keep out.

Checking, it appears it isn't decelerated, for when he hits the giant, floating teapot. He soon bounces off of that & some other things & hits the floor. So his fall damage should be spread over a few impacts, AFAIK.

Also, I was mistaken earlier about the truck having block wheels. Pomni moved blocks to in front of it to exploit the collision.
I wonder if a mass for those blocks can be assessed. Sadly, I'm not hopeful as they're, in-universe, video game assets, so what material they'd be seems unclear to me.

Wouldn't that be also Deconstruction or Transmutation since y'know... Gummigoo combusted into confetti?
Having your anatomy replaced with confetti tends to kill most living things as a side-effect. If you replaced a real gator's nerves, heart, brain & other stuff with confetti, it certainly wouldn't be alive mich longer. So if it's Transmutation &/or Deconstruction, I'd be skeptical about also calling it Death Manipulation.

It looks like Jax has stealth mastery.

Pre-determined how? I mean, going through it frame by frame, he glows, the glow expands, then his image is shown with... inverted colours as the shape is stretched from both sides, then darkens & fades as confetti bursts out. Glowing & disappearing would be typical pre-determined death in most media, but the darkening & confetti would thematically clash in a lot of settings, IMHO, & part of me would question candy bandits exploding into confetti; Why not bursting into treats? It seems a little unlike what an archetypical premade video game death animation would be like, & for his in-universe setting of the Candy Canyon Kingdom, I'm not sure it fits there either.

Also, rewatching, Caine implied he got rid of the NPC because it could lead to him losing track of who's human & who's an NPC. Intelligence anti-feat? (Admittedly, IRL, some AIs can briefly seem humanlike, & could probably fool other AIs.)
Also, Caine can & does apparently drink water, & remarks on how it's been a while since he's done that. Does he have biology? Stamina?

Pre-determined how? I mean, going through it frame by frame, he glows, the glow expands, then his image is shown with... inverted colours as the shape is stretched from both sides, then darkens & fades as confetti bursts out. Glowing & disappearing would be typical pre-determined death in most media, but the darkening & confetti would thematically clash in a lot of settings, IMHO, & part of me would question candy bandits exploding into confetti; Why not bursting into treats? It seems a little unlike what an archetypical premade video game death animation would be like, & for his in-universe setting of the Candy Canyon Kingdom, I'm not sure it fits there either.
I just meant that it's what we would call a "death animation" in a video game.

Having your anatomy replaced with confetti tends to kill most living things as a side-effect. If you replaced a real gator's nerves, heart, brain & other stuff with confetti, it certainly wouldn't be alive mich longer. So if it's Transmutation &/or Deconstruction, I'd be skeptical about also calling it Death Manipulation.
But Gummigoo isn't a real gator, he is a humanoid gummy-gator made out of polygons (Jax is canonically made out of that, so why not the rest?) who is having a existential crisis after seeing a T-Posing model of himself and his friends, falling into a state of depression for a while and questioned his entire existence, life and purpose before getting encouraged by a little jester girl who serious has dozens of fan arts of her f- nvm, my lawyer tell me to not make that joke.

But Gummigoo isn't a real gator, he is a humanoid gummy-gator made out of polygons (Jax is canonically made out of that, so why not the rest?) who is having a existential crisis after seeing a T-Posing model of himself and his friends, falling into a state of depression for a while and questioned his entire existence, life and purpose before getting encouraged by a little jester girl who serious has dozens of fan arts of her f- nvm, my lawyer tell me to not make that joke.
Who let bro cook 💀

Also I want to mention, but I love Princess Loolilalu's design! Kinda prefer for her voice to be more higher pitch to fit the appearance of a candy princess... but I still like her regardless.
Why did you like i-
Nah but it was aight ig
ONLY IF THEY LET GUMMIGOAT INTO THE CAST!

I mean, I guess. IIRC, the only times we know they have bones is supposed to be for like, electrocution according to a GW post, it's unclear if they have organs of any kind, & the heartbeat SFX (Called as such by the captions.) at the start of the episode may've been just SFX for drama rather than any literal heart Pomni has.... So if they are things without vital anatomy, it could be reasonably Death Manipulation &/or Transmutation &/or Deconstruction. I mean, presuming Caine isn't just Transmuting them into non-living things or Deconstructing them into their non-living components. If they're just polygons & code, which Caine can change, how different in coding terms is an animate thing in a game versus an inanimate thing? An inanimate rock doesn't move until some script or code tells it to, no?

You know you can just take the human volume and replace the human density to whatever the density of gummies are, right? Also, by the glance of the feat, it’s definitely Wall level, and Pomni was pretty much in the same fall.

On a related note about my thoughts of the episode:

It was great. Zooble lacked any screentime and Jax felt like a dick this episode, but it really gets to the out of bounds unused area part when the horror kicks in with the existential crisis and Pomni happens to develop her character from someone who happened to be an NPC. I was starting to like Gummigoo until Caine just kills him by turning his body into confetti.

Just got back from watching the episode and I've already watched it multiple times, going to again but to give a quick summary 10/10, Man that episode was amazing. Gumigoo the GOAT, if there was any doubt before is doused him 100% sold me That man Caines brutal, the writing and character and movement beats Mmmnh Goose ain't pulling any punches.

You know you can just take the human volume and replace the human density to whatever the density of gummies are, right? Also, by the glance of the feat, it’s definitely Wall level, and Pomni was pretty much in the same fall.
Yeah, but that's what I was thinking, although there was that discussion about polygon & code. No offense meant.

Also, I've established it already, but I think I have solidarity in being 1 of the people who does not like Gummigoo.

How would you guys rate the episode out of 10?
9/10
Pretty good stuff, but I felt the episode could've been longer

Also, trying to calced the feats as shown from the episode, the current ones I'm doing are the Pomni snapping the Lolipop's stick (Need to find the material of it first) and Kinger throwing an damn anchor across the truck so fast.

Back