• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Finished up Pomni's profile in my sandbox, will try and create other's profiles and planning on a CRT after I'm done with each profiles. But seeing how I got other personal projects to write outside of this website... I guess I could lend a hand from any of you to freely edited the TADC's profiles!
...if you are interested, that is.

Also I want to this bring up but I notice there is an another TADC's calc with a High 8-C result from calcing the explosion that the truck made, so yeah.
That's... absolutely amazing. the only thing I'd change is performing the act of punching Caine wouldn't mean he'll be hurt. Are we allowed to make small edits ourselves?

WmEo4gG_d.webp

Seriously how the !&?@$ does this only warrant a possibly

WmEo4gG_d.webp

Seriously how the !&?@$ does this only warrant a possibly
2: Resilient Immortality: Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal. This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc.

Are those impalements certainly unsurvivable?
Knive in the skull is devastating, but I'd assume there are people out there who've survived such.

Are those impalements certainly unsurvivable?
Knive in the skull is devastating, but I'd assume there are people out there who've survived such.
There definitely are, but the thing is, they are still greatly damaged from it. In this case, Pomni litterally has knives IN HER BRAIN. While there certainly may have been people in a similar cituation that survived, they received medical attention afterwards, and likely didn't leave unscathed. If how TADC treats immortality is consistent, then she can just take the knives out and continue on her day. That's NOT something a normal person can do.

There definitely are, but the thing is, they are still greatly damaged from it.
Yes, but they survived, & the point of Immortality is not dying from it.
In this case, Pomni litterally has knives IN HER BRAIN.
FWIW, the few times we can see in her head, it's kinda hollow. I'd question if Pomni's TADC model has a brain, & they are canonically in a game, so I'd expect that to be relevant.
While there certainly may have been people in a similar cituation that survived, they received medical attention afterwards, and likely didn't leave unscathed. If how TADC treats immortality is consistent, then she can just take the knives out and continue on her day. That's NOT something a normal person can do.
I do agree with this.
Although, the criteria also specifies "indefinitely" surviving such injuries. I don't know of much reason she couldn't, but I can't recall if there's evidence (Like statements from GW.) indicating she wouldn't die from enough stabbing.

FWIW, the few times we can see in her head, it's kinda hollow. I'd question if Pomni's TADC model has a brain, & they are canonically in a game, so I'd expect that to be relevant.
Fair
I do agree with this.
Although, the criteria also specifies "indefinitely" surviving such injuries. I don't know of much reason she couldn't, but I can't recall if there's evidence (Like statements from GW.) indicating she wouldn't die from enough stabbing.

What this would mean is just that her immortality is weaker than the norm.

"This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc."

We give Type 2 Immortality for things that kill characters in media. Getting stabbed numerous times in the head kills characters in media. Real world people have survived things like that, but fiction works differently and cases like that are incredibly rare.

Fair

What this would mean is just that her immortality is weaker than the norm.

"This type of immortality can have different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed, for example, by causing extremely severe wounds or the complete destruction of the body or specific parts of it, such as the head, etc."
We give Type 2 Immortality for things that kill characters in media. Getting stabbed numerous times in the head kills characters in media. Real world people have survived things like that, but fiction works differently and cases like that are incredibly rare.
I suppose that makes sense. So we give her Type 2 Immortality, but as is, it'd be noted to be weaker in the absence of better Type 2 feats?

I suppose that makes sense. So we give her Type 2 Immortality, but as is, it'd be noted to be weaker in the absence of better Type 2 feats?
Sure. Also, she's comparable to Ragatha and Kinger, the former of whom was unaffected by being impaled by a spike and the latter who survives knives imbedded into his head like Pomni does.

Sure. Also, she's comparable to Ragatha and Kinger, the former of whom was unaffected by being impaled by a spike and the latter who survives knives imbedded into his head like Pomni does.
I don't think comparability necessarily applies to Powers & Abilities in general.
Also, Pomni & Ragatha have different kinds of physiologies, despite both being in the same "game world". Each member of TADC seems to.
Pomni can squash, stretch & deform.
Jax also seems to be able to do so based on the animation of him going down the slide, but he also has the key stealing stuff, a mouth that (almost) never opens, even when talking....
Kinger's hands are detached, float, & can get pulled away when holding onto moving things.
Gangle's body functions like ribbons & her masks seem to indicate, maybe even control her emotions.
Zooble has a body that is... I think the term is "modular"? Detachable parts from a box that can be reattached for customization.
& Ragatha is like a stuffed doll, but I don't think she's demonstrated Pomni's capacity to squash, stretch, or even have her torso shrunk like Pomni's did when Pomni was holding onto the two vehicles, nor stretch such that her head can be seen into through an eye socket's viewpoint, like with Pomni.

& also being stabbed & being fully impaled are different things, even setting aside how they seem to function differently.

What's your main TADC theory currently? Mine is that a Jigsaw-esque person is keeping them inside the Digital Circus for some reason, and he has their bodies.
Ngl its less of a theory and more of out there prediction but I think at the very end of the series the crew are gonna escape somehow but they'll end up returning to the circus for whatever reason.

I don't think comparability necessarily applies to Powers & Abilities in general.
You're correct about how it doesn't necessarily apply, but that implies that it can in some cases, which is also correct. If a character has an ability directly because of a certain status, and other characters have that same status, then it follows that those other characters likely have the ability.
Also, Pomni & Ragatha have different kinds of physiologies, despite both being in the same "game world". Each member of TADC seems to.
This is also true. Everyone should keep this in mind while determining whether or not characters scale to each other in terms of certain physiology traits.
Fair I mean in one of their series they have all of humanity dying
Pretty much the same happened in I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. 👀

TAKE THAT BACK.
Okay, I did exaggerate my opinion of Gummigoo.

But I never liked him to begin with, because I always found him cliche. Perhaps it's better for me to say I "couldn't enjoy" his character. Because I've seen a lot of stuff, & so he felt cliched - done already.
"What if an AI realized it wasn't real?"
"What if a video game character realized it was in a video game.
"What if an AI grew to care about someone else?"
"What if an AI started living with real people?"
"What if someone starts caring about an AI?"
"What if we killed off this character so soon after people have had a chance to get attached to him?"
"What if there was a rough & tough buff criminal guy who actually deep down cares about his family, & is a bad man who actually loves his momma & is doing bad things for a good cause?"

Lots of people like a good sob story. Even I do from time to time. But Gummigoo's premise didn't feel novel to me, & I didn't care about what he offered for the plot. Currently, I still don't. So seeing people fawn over him tired me of him further, making me resent him even more than I already did for taking up content that I found, personally speaking, lacking in novelty & unenjoyable.
Months of waiting & anticipation for the episode & so much of it is spent on him!

Like, I know he didn't get basically a whole episode dedicated to him, & wasn't really shown in animated form, but where was that love for say, Kaufmo?! & yet everywhere, videos & posts about people & how much they love him, how great Gummigoo is....

Heck, I had been keeping up with Goosework's Tumblr!

March 21st, 10:41 PM

theentertainers asked: Who out of the new characters do you think the audience will find the most entertaining??

GW: I have a feeling people are going to like Gummigoo.
Just a hunch.

At the time, I wasn't optimistic about that, since I often found I didn't always agree with GW's tastes, even if I generally like TADC. Episode 2 was decent.
But knowing that what I found so unenjoyable was what was expected to be enjoyed made it even bigger let down.

Contrary to my disparagment with it, Gummigoo is not worthless, having worth in some people's hearts. Hype is a subjective thing, being an emotion, specifically, the level of excitement for things. With what GW said, I think I at least ended up feeling "overhyped"; There was a statement meant to raise expectations, & what I got was beneath them, even if other people may've had their hype matched or outdone. & although Gummigoo, so far, only has significance in 1 episode, in which he dies, & might return in the future, he's not a main cast member, & may not be of plot importance... but a lot of people know of him, so it's somewhat inaccurate to call Gummigoo a "nobody".

Sorry to have bothered you.
I just... well, Gummigoo is not a TADC character I like very much at all, whether he's a good character or not. I hope you don't mind that opinion of mine.

Last edited:
Back