• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

9/10
Pretty good stuff, but I felt the episode could've been longer

Also, trying to calced the feats as shown from the episode, the current ones I'm doing are the Pomni snapping the Lolipop's stick (Need to find the material of it first)
Thinking on it... would there be any plausible materials other than paper or plastic?
and Kinger throwing an damn anchor across the truck so fast.
Wait, that was an anchor?!
Okay, somehow I missed that!

Either way, good luck with the good work on the calcs!

I
feel l8ke jax is a dick as a way too cope. I mean, haven't you seen that scene of his face right before going in to the funeral of kaufmo? Also apparently they are making pins of the character with the background being a small dip into their rooms, except for jax as 8ts just his front door and the void.
Where are you seeing those pins?

I saw images of them. In a 4chan thread last night, yeah it isnt enough proof but they exist and the anons there acted like ot was official, thats why Im asking
Hmmm. I'm not seeing anything on GW's Tunblr for May. Maybe it was posted about on GW's Twitter &/or Glitch's Community Tab of their Youtube channel? Anyone wanna check that?

I
feel l8ke jax is a dick as a way too cope. I mean, haven't you seen that scene of his face right before going in to the funeral of kaufmo? Also apparently they are making pins of the character with the background being a small dip into their rooms, except for jax as 8ts just his front door and the void.
Where are you seeing those pins?
I saw images of them. In a 4chan thread last night, yeah it isnt enough proof but they exist and the anons there acted like ot was official, thats why Im asking
Hmmm. I'm not seeing anything on GW's Tunblr for May. Maybe it was posted about on GW's Twitter &/or Glitch's Community Tab of their Youtube channel? Anyone wanna check that?
They are literally on the GlitchX's store-

The stick breaking feat of the lollipop you put there is more of a tensile strength feat rather than a destruction feat. For this you need an area and the tensile strength of the material.

The link you used for the destruction value of the stick also has its tensile strength, which would be 19.6 mpa, or 19600000 N/m^2

The area would be the area of the circle that forms the cylinder, which has a diameter of 0.08m, or a radius of 0.04m

The area of a circle is R^2*pi=A, where R is the circle's radius, pi is approximately 3.14, and A is the area, in this case in m^2.

(0.04m)^2*3.14= 0.005024m^2

Then we multply this with the tensile strength in N/m^2 to get the force exerted.

0.005024m^2*19600000N/m^2= 98,470.4 N, 10,048 kg, Class 25.

Then we multply the force in N times the distance (the width of the stick, 0.08m) to get the energy.

98,470.4N*0.08m= 7,877.632 J, Street level+

The stick breaking feat of the lollipop you put there is more of a tensile strength feat rather than a destruction feat. For this you need an area and the tensile strength of the material.

The link you used for the destruction value of the stick also has its tensile strength, which would be 19.6 mpa, or 19600000 N/m^2

The area would be the area of the circle that forms the cylinder, which has a diameter of 0.08m, or a radius of 0.04m

The area of a circle is R^2*pi=A, where R is the circle's radius, pi is approximately 3.14, and A is the area, in this case in m^2.

(0.04m)^2*3.14= 0.005024m^2

Then we multply this with the tensile strength in N/m^2 to get the force exerted.

0.005024m^2*19600000N/m^2= 98,470.4 N, 10,048 kg, Class 25.

Then we multply the force in N times the distance (the width of the stick, 0.08m) to get the energy.

98,470.4N*0.08m= 7,877.632 J, Street level+
Ah, I see. Would you mind if I copy and pasted this onto the calc (Alongside crediting you)?

Can this be calced?
Maybe?

IIRC, there's stuff like horizon pixel-scaling or such for when the camera is approaching something.
Ang-sizing or something they called it?

In theory, you could attempt to assess the speed at which they're approaching the fudge from that, but there are few points of reference. MAYBE the shiny points/bubbles if their size &/or position is consistent, or maybe the size of the cliff face in the upper portion of the screen? Assuming using Jax's -or Gangle's!- height as a basis for that is valid.

An alternate way to measure that MIGHT be to assume the truck is at terminal velocity; We can see a drag cone of air as it falls.

Quoting from Google's definition for "terminal velocity":

"the constant speed that a freely falling object eventually reaches when the resistance of the medium through which it is falling prevents further acceleration."

....But there may be some problems:

1. While I think it's somewhat reasonable, it's uncertain if we can, do or will accept a drag cone as indication of terminal velocity here. TADC is a cartoony thing.
2. AFAIK, terminal velocity involves time progressing; Acceleration involves time & movement, & a falling object, unless accelerated by another force, needs to fall for enough time -Varying by mass & stuff- to reach its terminal velocity; Given the time the truck spends falling & the other factors, can we assume it reached terminal velocity?
3. Landing in liquids reduces the force of the impact; When 2 things collide, even if 1 is a stationary, solid mass like the ground or a wall, they exert force on each other. AFAIK, the same is mostly true for fluids; It just takes a lot more force to displace rock as you do mud & water & such. For every force there's an equal & opposite reaction, & force from impacts, IIRC, is displaced into the surroundings. The point here is that while high enough speeds do mean that the piercing of the fluid's surface tension release more force than landing into that fluid otherwise would, with a fluid, the motion slows to a stop as the fluid is more easily moved into than a solid & the force of the increasingly slowed/decelerated objected is able to be displaced into the fluid.
TL;DR for problem 3: The truck landing in a fluid means the feat will likely have a lower yield. Same for Jax & such.

4. The truck is made of candy & confections & stuff. This means we may not be able to assume a typical truck's mass for it. In theory, one may even have to find densities for the materials, volume for the truck -In components or otherwise- & calc the mass, maybe? I do not envy anyone tasked with calc-ing all that.

Hopefully that helps, dismaying as it may be.

Last edited:
It does seem like his behaviour varies. He uses the "adventures" something like an escape, & gets bitter when he can't have his fun.
But he ostensibly doesn't wanna get reprimanded by Caine so he's less jerky in the Circus, or at least when Caine's around.

Maybe?

Back