• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Weaknesses: Is prone to mentally shutting down and having maniacal laughing fits, has no combat experience, has little-to-no control over her toon force, can clip out of bounds when colliding with an object…
This is what I have so far:
"Pomni is suffering from a laundry list of mental problems such as frequent mental breakdowns, panic attacks, existential crises, fears of abandonment, and so on due to her experiences in the Digital Circus, the discovery of its true nature, and her treatment within it; though her fears of abandonment mostly subsided after Kaufmo’s funeral. Bad experiences can actively trigger any of the above. Remembers nothing of her life before the Digital Circus, even her own name, and thus is next to useless in a fight as she is a newcomer even within it. She has a complete lack of confidence in her own abilities and rarely goes against the wishes of any members of the cast, sometimes even staring into space until they prompt her to do something again. The Digital Circus prevents her from swearing. Will eventually permanently Abstract if her mind is ever broken."

Last edited:
"Pomni is suffering from a laundry list of mental problems such as frequent mental breakdowns, panic attacks, existential crises, fears of abandonment, and so on due to her experiences in the Digital Circus, the discovery of its true nature, and her treatment within it; though her fears of abandonment mostly subsided after Kaufmo’s funeral. Bad experiences can actively trigger any of the above. Remembers nothing of her life before the Digital Circus, even her own name, and thus is next to useless in a fight as she is a newcomer even within it. She has a complete lack of confidence in her own abilities and rarely goes against the wishes of any members of the cast, sometimes even staring into space until they prompt her to do something again. The Digital Circus prevents her from swearing. Will eventually permanently Abstract if her mind is ever broken."
i ain’t reading allat

Actually, I think Gooseworx confirmed that they still remember their pasts, they only forget their names after entering the Digital Circus.

Should the TADC gang have Type 2 Immortality for scaling to Ragatha and Kinger being largely unaffected by having their heads impaled by knives? (At 7:45 of episode 2)

Also, Ragatha surviving direct attacks from Kaufmo would give her Small Building Level Durability, so we can remove the "possibly" on her profile and scale the other digital humans to her.

Also, Ragatha surviving direct attacks from Kaufmo would give her Small Building Level Durability, so we can remove the "possibly" on her profile and scale the other digital humans to her.
If I remember correctly, I’m pretty sure the reason there’s a possibly there is that Jax is only shown tripping Ragatha, and it isn’t certain that everyone else scales to her in durability
And Ragatha’s durability isn’t straight up 9-A because she wouldn’t have taken the full brunt of Kaufmo’s attacks due to lower surface area or something

The 'possibly' is there because:
1) Ragatha is still greatly damaged
2) This seems more like an outlier. The characters haven't shown being nearly that powerful, destroying walls and the like, so it's more likely something to do with their general immortality, and that, despite being peirced by knifes, when they remive them they look unharmed, despite us seeing that the knifes very much stabbed through

Thoughts, folks?

While Jax is probably going to be something of a main antagonist, he really can't be an A.I. unless Gooseworx just straight up lies to us. Points against A.I. Jax are him telling Pomni that he had a headset too and him having a canonical age (22). Also, the other cast members would remember if Jax was an NPC from one of their previous adventures. The idea of Kaufmo being the sixth human referenced by the synopsis of the series would be weird because A, you'd have to ignore every other Abstracted human, and B, Kaufmo isn't in episode 2 at all.

While Jax is probably going to be something of a main antagonist, he really can't be an A.I. unless Gooseworx just straight up lies to us. Points against A.I. Jax are him telling Pomni that he had a headset too and him having a canonical age (22).
Could Jax have been joking/lying about having a headset?
Also, the other cast members would remember if Jax was an NPC from one of their previous adventures. The idea of Kaufmo being the sixth human referenced by the synopsis of the series would be weird because A, you'd have to ignore every other Abstracted human, and B, Kaufmo isn't in episode 2 at all.
I agree with these other points, however.

Thoughts, folks?

I'll copy my comment from the comment section and paste it in this thread.

There's definitely something up with Jax, but I don't think Jax is an AI. I think what's really happening is that Jax is a hardcore gamer who's an expert at understanding the intricacies of video games and who loves to take advantage of fictional characters being inferior to him. He probably wanted to be cruel to people in his former human life, but he would've gotten in trouble, so he uses video games to do those things. He's definitely the type to complete the genocide ending of Undertale first and to drop the baby penguin off the edge during Super Mario⁶⁴.

I'll analyze the evidence in the video while explaining how it fits into my conclusion, unless it's already explained in a way that fits into my conclusion.
  • 10:32: This could be the result of intense focus and a lot of experience.
  • 10:44: I don't know exactly why Jax didn't need to hold onto anything when the truck was falling, but it's important to realize that Caine's digital reality doesn't have real physics. Weird things happen frequently, and Jax seems to be the one who looks into these things the most so he can use them to his advantage.
  • 11:22: I don't think this is Jax having administrator access, but rather, I think Jax has stealth skills, and he is observant of keys because collecting them is an objective in a lot of video games.
  • 11:46: Jax being fourth wall aware could just be further demonstration of his observant nature related to digital things.
  • 12:22: Jax being interested in food despite its purposelessness in the digital world isn't odd to me. It could simply be a digital reward that Jax wants to get. People in real life who play video games try to get all sorts of digital achievements and other things like that, even though it doesn't do anything more special than Jax being interested in a reward just for the sake of having something to look forward to or something to aim for. If the digital food gives the "digital sensation of eating" as Kinger put it, then it isn't purposeless after all, and makes their digital experiences feel less fake. If Jax were an AI, aware and secretive of this, then he wouldn't be talking about food as if he hasn't realized the other characters don't need it.
  • 14:54: Although Caine has yet to go on the adventures, perhaps him creating them and announcing them is enough to count as participation. If not, then maybe the synopsis was changed for a reason, such as that it's an outdated way to describe the series. Jax being excited to go on adventures is just because he wants to do violence.
  • 16:01: Caine surely doesn't intend to torment the characters, but he still causes them to go through things that can easily be considered as torment. Kaufmo died, Pomni and Kinger have poor mental health, Ragatha has to be overly positive all the time to ignore what would make her negative, etc.. There is likely a lot more of this to come. As for Caine being called a "rogue AI," this is likely just a hint at what we may learn of him in the future. We know hardly anything about Caine's background so far.
  • 17:47: Gooseworx's Tumblr posts are where I get the impression that Jax uses video games as a substitute way to be cruel without consequences. I recall Gooseworx also mentioning that Jax deserves to be in the Digital Circus the most, so his cruelty can't only be him being a prankster in a fake world, and it must be a result of his nature.
  • 19:28: Jax's door being closed and The Void being visible could be a reference to Jax's sneaky and digital attentive nature. What is visually literal can be truly figurative. Jax tears apart the digital world and sees it for what it really is.

"I'm on air and gravity's a choice, when he's on air he's trapped between the noise"

fire-writing.gif

Back