• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boss vs Charizard

Well, it seems you've put Charizard at a disadvantage here by placing them in a rainstorm, I believe it still has this because of its ability to put up a Smokescreen to restrict The Bosses eyesight and the use of Air Slash, a move The Boss is unlikely to spot that could potentially decapitate him.

The Boss because:

• Ice attacks will be devastating towards Charizard
  • Resistance to fire
  • Unlimited Stamina
  • Greater Weapon Arsenal (with Unlimited Ammo)

Colonel Krukov said:
The Boss because:
  • Ice attacks will be devastating towards Charizard
  • Resistance to fire
  • Unlimited Stamina
  • Greater Weapon Arsenal (with Unlimited Ammo)

Ice wont be very effective, but don't forget the Boss has a decent amount of hax including black hole creation, matter manipulation, and life force absorption

>Ice attacks will be devastating towards Charizard

Fire > Ice in pokemon

Also, I thought we weren't allowed to make the setting give a disadvantage to a character?

SomebodyData said:
Fire > Ice in pokemon
Well, while my Pokemon knowledge is a bit rusty, one would assume that ice would lower the temperature, weakening Charizard. Besides Ice melts to water and Water Pokemon > Fire Pokemon.

Well due to the reasons stated above and me being a fan of the Saints Row games. I give the vote to The Boss. Not to mention some of his/her weapons will bypass Charizard 's durability as well.

Well, Ice is still neutral against Charizard due to his dual typing. Plus would melt near Charizards flame which would lead to water and you know where this is going.

I think it should be noted that one Air Slash will without a doubt decimate The Boss because of Charizard's higher AP and would not likely be spotted as it's just air.

The water then would evaporate. Kinda circular. Anyway, this might go either way. Charizard has the flight advantage, and has his own solar flare in smokescreen. Depends if The Boss has to touch Charizard, because I don't think Charizard's gonna let that happen with a range spam.

Darkanine said:
Well, Ice is still neutral against Charizard due to his dual typing. Plus would melt near Charizards flame which would lead to water and you know where this is going.
You do realize Flying is weak to ice normally if they are pure Flying or a dual type that both types are weak to ice, but consider he is a fly/fire type pokemon, it could be neutral so I will agree with you on that.

The real cal howard said:
The water then would evaporate. Kinda circular. Anyway, this might go either way. Charizard has the flight advantage, and has his own solar flare in smokescreen. Depends if The Boss has to touch Charizard, because I don't think Charizard's gonna let that happen with a range spam.

95% of the Boss' abilities, including his hax ones, are ranged and can be spammed

That becomes quite a problem for the dragon. This is Saints Row, right? How much trouble does he have taking down helicopters?

That becomes quite a problem for the dragon. This is Saints Row, right? How much trouble does he have taking down helicopters?
Not much if he has a lock-on RPG and even a grenade launcher that is when he land a successful hit on it. Perhaps OP could do the weapon(s) restrictions to make it more fair.

Starkiller215 said:
Not much if he has a lock-on RPG and even a grenade launcher that is when he land a successful hit on it. Perhaps OP could do the weapon(s) restrictions to make it more fair.
Not sure what problem this poses when Charizard is much smaller and far more agile than a helicopter.

At the beginning of the game with basic weapons and no weapons? A rocket launcher does it in quickly. At the end of the game with all of their weapons and powers? He waves his hand and it explodes, grabs it with his telekinesis and turns it into a flaming ball of scrap metal by slamming it into the ground multiple times before hurling it across the city, shoots it with a pistol round and blows it up or turns it into solid gold, sucks it into a miniature black hole with the Singularity Gun...

Talonmask said:
Starkiller215 said:
Not sure what problem this poses when Charizard is much smaller and far more agile than a helicopter.
Yeah as due to Charizard being smaller and far more agile, but that could be possibly be countered if the said RPG can launch five missiles at once as that will pose a huge problem as he can not dodge them all at once due to its upgrades in the Saint Rows games series.

Talonmask said:
Starkiller215 said:

The Boss has weapons that ignore durability, including a Black Hole launcher, a rifle and a sword that disintegrate organic matter, and a gun that inflates the target from the inside

"Yeah as due to Charizard being smaller and far more agile, but that could be possibly be countered if the said RPG can launch five missiles at once as that will pose a huge problem as he can not dodge them all at once due to its upgrades in the Saint Rows games series."

Heat Wave could likely dispose of the missiles before they come in contact with it.

Kiryu2012 said:
Fixed the OP and removed the Boss' hax-based abilities.

Nerfing the hell out of the boss huh. Hmm...he still has his lightning telekinesis, which would be a HUGE problem for Charizard

Talonmask said:
"Yeah as due to Charizard being smaller and far more agile, but that could be possibly be countered if the said RPG can launch five missiles at once as that will pose a huge problem as he can not dodge them all at once due to its upgrades in the Saint Rows games series."
Heat Wave could likely dispose of the missiles before they come in contact with it.
The Boss has weapons that ignore durability, including a Black Hole launcher, a rifle and a sword that disintegrate organic matter, and a gun that inflates the target from the inside

Couldn't Charizard explode them with ember or heat wave long before they reach him.
True as the RPG are slow moving unless you want to consider the Alien RPG as that weapon is more powerful than the RPG itself.

WeeklyBattles said:
Don't forget the best weapon, the Dubstep Gun. The Boss has too many OP weapons that can kill Charizard so I'm still keeping my vote on The Boss.

Talonmask said:
@Weekly What happens if Charizard removes his arms?

Plus the Boss can just use lightning or freeze aura to electrocute or freeze Charizard if it ever gets close to him

I have not once treated it that way? I have no idea where you are getting that assumption from.

All I've stated is that Air Slash is pretty much invisible to The Boss and it's highly unlikely he would understand what Charizard was doing until he was struck with it, not that Charizard would blitz.

Talonmask said:
I have not once treated it that way? I have no idea where you are getting that assumption from.
All I've stated is that Air Slash is pretty much invisible to The Boss and it's highly unlikely he would understand what Charizard was doing until he was struck with it, not that Charizard would blitz.
The Boss is town level durability as he did withstand a nuclear blast at its center uninjured and he can use a forcefield to protect himself when he sprint.

Talonmask said:

yup air slash is invisible alright.

WeeklyBattles said:
Air Slash is by no means invisible
It's been stated to simply be a blade of air, the interpretations visualizing it as a light blue energy ball or saw blades make little sense as it contradicts the attack description.

Talonmask said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Air Slash is by no means invisible
It's been stated to simply be a blade of air, the interpretations visualizing it as a light blue energy ball or saw blades make little sense as it contradicts the attack description.
The in-game descriptions only describe it as a blade of air, not that its invisible

Back