• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He was completely awake after having it taken off.
Any reason why he couldn't be falling unconscious from the gas and just used the last of his strength for his blast before falling to the nerve gas?

Why are we instantly assuming this his explosion knocked himself out, despite him breathing in a gas that we know could knock him out?

We should not be assuming such a thing without actual evidence. Do you have any proof that the strength of the blast was so powerful that it knocked him out?

Soldier Boy has never been knocked out by the explosions he released before. Also, it makes the whole Nerve Gas subplot completely pointless, so, it makes narrative sense that Solider Boy was just using the last bit of strength he had left before passing out.

Butcher arguably did better against Homelander then Maeve, but I get what you mean.

Either way, anybody comparable to Maeve is 8B+, but even Solder boy was knocked out by his own explosion
Maeve actually made Homelander bleed, Butcher just burned his suit. That was with Soldier Boy and Hughie's help, too.

I think we should keep them all relative to each other but the rankings seem something like this:

Homelander >/~ Soldier Boy (fresh) > Queen Maeve > V24 Butcher ~ Soldier Boy (somewhat weakened after the blast).

Homelander and Soldier Boy should be noticeably stronger than Maeve, but not to the point she is utterly hopeless against any of them; Butcher on the other hand can at least keep with any of them with some help but he's the weakest link obviously.

I think we should keep them all relative to each other but the rankings seem something like this:

Homelander >/~ Soldier Boy (fresh) > Queen Maeve > V24 Butcher ~ Soldier Boy (somewhat weakened after the blast).

Homelander and Soldier Boy should be noticeably stronger than Maeve, but not to the point she is utterly hopeless against any of them; Butcher on the other hand can at least keep with any of them with some help but he's the weakest link obviously.
Homelander >> Soldier Boy > Queen Maeve > V24 Butcher is more accurate.
Soldier Boy was strong, but was getting overpowered by Homelander handily and needed to be saved by Butcher. Even the two of them together were getting put on the back-foot until Hughie arrived and distracted him long enough for the three to pin him down.

I've got the last episode left to watch so I might be missing context but I believe Omega is talking about Soldier Boy being slightly weakened after releasing a blast of energy in the orgy scene before they 3v1ed Homelander. Considering how much rattled Homelander is about Soldier Boy compared to Maeve I think he's definitely implied to be second to Homelander in strength.

I've got the last episode left to watch so I might be missing context but I believe Omega is talking about Soldier Boy being slightly weakened after releasing a blast of energy in the orgy scene before they 3v1ed Homelander. Considering how much rattled Homelander is about Soldier Boy compared to Maeve I think he's definitely implied to be second to Homelander in strength.
I don't think Homelander and Maeve's strength has ever been compared before in-universe, the surprise on both of them when Maeve actually made him bleed is evident of that. He was scared of Soldier Boy because not only had he been challenged, but blatantly overpowered. For once in his miserable life he was actually afraid to die, and that gave him PTSD.
It's like how Homelander was completely rattled by Butcher's heat vision, he was frightened because not only had someone taken a serious blow from him, and could hit back with decent punch.
I also don't even know if Soldier Boy is weakened after unleashing the bursts of energy, I don't recall him huffing or puffing or looking the slightest bit tired.

I also got a lot of ppl saying the "Soldier Boy weakened after blasts" and I thought it was accurate/established so i am not sure, but Soldier Boy nearly stomping V24 Butcher while on episode 6 they seemed to be equal kinda sustains that theory.

In Episode 6 there's no evidence to them ever being 'kinda equal', it was just Homelander beating the two around. Butcher was screaming his head off trying to overpower Homelander, and he was just smiling. Soldier Boy on the other hand had Homelander scared shitless, even hallucinating anyone that even so much had his hair color.
Safe to say, Soldier Boy's proven as drastically superior even as "weakened" (if we buy that, I really don't).
I think it's better to just put 'Homelander >> Soldier Boy > Queen Maeve > Temp V Butcher". It's easier, more evidence pointing to this scaling, and we don't have to speculate.

Alright I watched the finale. Didn't ruin the show for me as many people say, but definitely not very good.

Maeve being so competitive against Homelander definitely kinda ***** with my pre-established powerscaling chain, given how Maeve seems to be petrified by him while Homelander was somewhat wary of Soldier Boy.

I don't like how they nerfed Homelander and Soldier Boy to prop the side characters up at the end tbh, I think they should have been clearly a level above everyone.

Guys! but on top of the AP upgrades Homelander should get a limited resistance to mind manipulation.

The reason? He's the upgrade of Soldier Boy, who shrugged off Mindstorm's mindhax relatively easily in the fight scene where payback ganged up on him.

Same mindhax that can just incap people until they die.
This isn't dragon ball, resistances are not gained through scaling.

I honestly liked the ending of Season 3, I don't get why a lot of people didn't like it.

Anyways, I don't even think it really messed with the scaling. Queen Maeve was petrified, yeah, but her initial surprise at the encounter gives us the knowledge that 'oh, she's never even fought back against him before'.
He's always been said to be the strongest, and he's insane as **** to go along with it -- it makes sense why Maeve was hesitant to raise a hand against him until now, when she met Starlight and got some of her old confidence back. She actually wanted to be a Hero again, and fight back against her abuser.

Queen Maeve also didn't even last very long, she got like -- what, two good hits? Bloodied his nose and impaired his hearing which healed later-on anyways. Homelander left her a bloodied mess, and was still treated as a good deal superior.

I honestly liked the ending of Season 3, I don't get why a lot of people didn't like it.
They could've done more with Noir in the season or later on with the govt plot point and having that event happen at the end feels really sour while also missing some ammount of closure. Noir was unironically the closest thing Homelander had to a family figure, probably moreso than Vogel on a personal level given the events of the animated episode.

Other than that, yeah downscales all around.

im pretty sure the creator confirmed that noir would be appearing again in season 4, and with his healing factor it's possible that he survived

They could've done more with Noir in the season or later on with the govt plot point and having that event happen at the end feels really sour while also missing some ammount of closure. Noir was unironically the closest thing Homelander had to a family figure, probably moreso than Vogel on a personal level given the events of the animated episode.
Yeah, I get that. I too was disappointed with Noir's fate, but that was like the only negative thing. The season was great with character development, the action was better than in any other season, and Homelander + Soldier Boy was fantastic.

Yeah, I get that. I too was disappointed with Noir's fate, but that was like the only negative thing. The season was great with character development, the action was better than in any other season, and Homelander + Soldier Boy was fantastic.
What personally annoyed me the most was how everybody acts like Soldier Boy is just as bad as Homelander and Butcher quickly turns on him and even somewhat teams up with Homelander (it's fine for him to protect Ryan for a bit, but not completely change sides -- also Soldier Boy's blast probably wouldn't even have killed Ryan, just depower him like with Kimiko and Maeve?). The show keeps telling us how terrible Soldier Boy is but when he's actually on screen he seems like a pretty chill guy that's a bit of an asshole while Homelander is a straight-up psychopath and also way more powerful.

What personally annoyed me the most was how everybody acts like Soldier Boy is just as bad as Homelander and Butcher quickly turns on him and even somewhat teams up with Homelander (it's fine for him to protect Ryan for a bit, but not completely change sides -- also Soldier Boy's blast probably wouldn't even have killed Ryan, just depower him like with Kimiko and Maeve?). The show keeps telling us how terrible Soldier Boy is but when he's actually on screen he seems like a pretty chill guy that's a bit of an asshole while Homelander is a straight-up psychopath and also way more powerful.
The Black Noir flashbacks show how much of a piece of shit he was, dialogue from the Payback crew shows how much the ******* hated him, there's a newspaper article that mentions an incident where him and swato beat up a bunch of homeless people, and he killed M.M's family due to him being reckless. He's also stated to be racist by M.M and the Black Noir flashback also implies that, he's homophobic, and is the embodiment of toxic masculinity (Also, I can't tell if he was aware of Cosby's actions or not)

We definitely hear a lot about the bad things he did, but we're never really showed the extent that when he's actually on screen, but the show expects me to believe that he's just as bad or even worse than Homelander which is why our heroes need to stop him first? And even then there's really no comparison with Homelander who is insane, capable of a lot of worse and more of a threat. Like Soldier Boy's evil but "standard Supe evil" by the standards of the world of The Boys, while Homelander is on another level.

im guessing its plot induced stupidity from the writers only wanting soldier boy on the show for season 3, probably because of contracts or something

Anyway back to topic.

I don't think Hughie should scale? He didn't really harm Homelander that much and was just there to help restrain him. Starlight laid him out with a blast and later her amplified blast knocked Soldier Boy back like 3 metres only.

Hughie doesn't scale. Starlight got ragdolled by Soldier Boy (Funny moment) and while significantly amped she did basically nothing to SB. A casual shot from Starlight sent Hughie flying.

What calc are those two (and people who are within that range of power) using? I heard the 9-B Calc got fricked (or at least one of the 9-B calcs) and a lot of the 9-A calcs were for folks like Stormfront and Black Noir, and the 9-A calcs for A-Train/Starlight were only in Likely or smth. Could be mistaken, feel free to correct me.

What calc are those two (and people who are within that range of power) using? I heard the 9-B Calc got fricked (or at least one of the 9-B calcs) and a lot of the 9-A calcs were for folks like Stormfront and Black Noir, and the 9-A calcs for A-Train/Starlight were only in Likely or smth. Could be mistaken, feel free to correct me.
A-Train (Base) scales to the Deep's durability and surviving a tackle that cracked a wall. Starlight has the whole being thrown through stone pillars feat when she was getting ragdoll'd by Black Noir.

Back